Notices
86-95 Trucks & 4Runners 2nd/3rd gen pickups, and 1st/2nd gen 4Runners with IFS

The swampthing2 killed in action...

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2009, 11:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SwampThing, that looked like Port Aransas! Was that where the wreck happened? I've driven up and down that stretch of beach so many times its ridiculous, I used to live down there. I live in Austin right now but am moving back to San Antonio in 6 weeks.

Glad to hear your okay, and sorry about the rig. That thing looked pretty badass.
Old 03-27-2009, 05:25 PM

Originally Posted by mswfox
SwampThing, that looked like Port Aransas! Was that where the wreck happened? I've driven up and down that stretch of beach so many times its ridiculous, I used to live down there. I live in Austin right now but am moving back to San Antonio in 6 weeks.

Glad to hear your okay, and sorry about the rig. That thing looked pretty badass.
Yeah it was Port A. What are ya doing up in hippie land? Please tell me you're not a longhorn...
Old 03-27-2009, 05:34 PM

Anyhow, here's some pics of the new toy.

Old 03-27-2009, 05:49 PM
Banned

Received 20 Likes on 9 Posts
You need some rear fender back corner protection.

Old 03-27-2009, 05:54 PM

Yeah that's next on my list. Made me that skidplate today. Man I haven't free-handed with a torch in a while. But my initials look pretty cool. Get better pics of that skidplate for the stinger tomorrow.

I don't think I'll do much to it, but I do wanna run 33x12.50s so maybe some new coils and leafs. Dunno anything about tacos really, so I dunno what I'll need to buy from ya. Supposedly it already has a 2" coil spacer leveling kit up front though.
Old 03-27-2009, 09:47 PM
Contributing Member

Location: Where it always works if you work it, in Sunny Selinsgrove, PA
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
looks like a solid truck.

you should supercharge it!
Old 03-27-2009, 10:44 PM

of all the places to roll a beast solid axle rig you choose the beach haha

and then buy an IFS rig after I think you did it backwards
Old 03-27-2009, 11:25 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by Slowstrike
of all the places to roll a beast solid axle rig you choose the beach haha
amen to that brother
Old 03-28-2009, 07:37 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
looks like you could have used the stinger from the taco on the st2. lol
Old 03-28-2009, 08:01 AM

I'm not sure if the stinger woulda helped or hurt the situation at the beach... Hmm... I need to make SIDE STINGERS!
Old 03-28-2009, 10:01 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by SwampThing
I'm not sure if the stinger woulda helped or hurt the situation at the beach... Hmm... I need to make SIDE STINGERS!
Training wheels........... Big ones.

Maybe some bald 35's on extensions off to the sides coming from the rear of the frame?

Last edited by Junkers88; 03-28-2009 at 10:05 AM.
Old 03-28-2009, 10:34 AM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by Junkers88
Training wheels........... Big ones.
hahaha
Old 03-28-2009, 10:48 AM

Yeah it was Port A. What are ya doing up in hippie land? Please tell me you're not a longhorn...
Honestly, I don't even know what I'm doing up here, I'm not a big fan of Austin. Can't wait to get back down to the real "Texas" so I can start wrenching on my rig. All my tools are back home in SA!

Nice Taco by the way, looks like you got a killer deal. Do yourself a favor and Exocage that thing.

Last edited by mswfox; 03-28-2009 at 10:49 AM.
Old 03-30-2009, 03:15 PM

Originally Posted by mswfox
Honestly, I don't even know what I'm doing up here, I'm not a big fan of Austin. Can't wait to get back down to the real "Texas" so I can start wrenching on my rig. All my tools are back home in SA!

Nice Taco by the way, looks like you got a killer deal. Do yourself a favor and Exocage that thing.
Yeah, longhorns aside, Austin has it's nice way of driving me straight up the ****ing wall whenever I hit that solid line of traffic right about at slaughter lane...

And yeah, the taco will more than likely get some sort of exo lol. And as far as hanging midgets from the stinger goes, I actually found this pic when we were building. Lmao...

Old 03-30-2009, 05:31 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
That front bumper reminds me of the Andrea Gail in The Perfect Storm.

Old 03-30-2009, 07:30 PM

Hah. If only I had that much steel... Exo, inner, tube bed, sliders, front bumper, rear bumper, and everything woulda been done to the ST2.

And on a side note, JEEBUS! Spent the last 2 hours teaching my baby sister to drive standard. Nerve wracking. Thank god for 4lo though. Makes the whole thing easier on my poor taco's clutch. Any advice for teaching beginners how to drive? Think her big problem is the give it gas and let off the clutch for takeoff from a dead stop part...

I didn't have any problem learning to drive standard... Stole my pop's truck for the first time at the tender age of 12. One of those better learn to drive this thing back home quick, or daddy's gonna kill ya type things. Ahh, I'll always remember teaching her this. What with the smell of roasted clutch overpowering the spring air...
Old 03-30-2009, 07:39 PM
Contributing Member

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
I learned from playing simulation video games. Asked my dad one day (at 14) to drive my (his at that time) yota. He was ready to cringe when I got ready to leave, but I drove perfect

The best thing is to explain the movements, get them to practice letting their left foot out and right foot down slowley at the same time. Tell her to feel for the friction point...

Better yet, teach her on a different truck! teaching two people cost me a clutch
Old 03-30-2009, 07:46 PM

Originally Posted by Jay351
The best thing is to explain the movements, get them to practice letting their left foot out and right foot down slowley at the same time. Tell her to feel for the friction point...
Yeah, I'll tell her to feel for the friction point... I realized I might have been neglecting my brotherly duties when I was telling her "The clutch disengages the transmission from the engine. We'll try it in 4lo so you can get the feel of the clutch." And she replied "What's a transmission, and why are there two brake pedals?"

Oh lordy... Had to stop myself from launching into the theory of mechanics. Was like there is nowhere NEAR the amount of time I'd need... "Just press the left brake pedal the the floor and move the stick left and up. Let go of the left brake pedal, and we'll go from there!"
Old 03-30-2009, 07:48 PM
Contributing Member

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Yeah, I'll tell her to feel for the friction point... I realized I might have been neglecting my brotherly duties when I was telling her "The clutch disengages the transmission from the engine. We'll try it in 4lo so you can get the feel of the clutch." And she replied "What's a transmission, and why are there two brake pedals?"

Oh lordy... Had to stop myself from launching into the theory of mechanics. Was like there is nowhere NEAR the amount of time I'd need... "Just press the left brake pedal the the floor and move the stick left and up. Let go of the left brake pedal, and we'll go from there!"

Hahah!! She might be better suited to an automatic

in anycase, tell her if she needs to stop, at anytime, hit both brake pedals, not just the middle one!
Old 03-30-2009, 07:52 PM

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts
Oh lordy... Had to stop myself from launching into the theory of mechanics.
haha. I have that problem. Mostly with girls I will refer to something in the car and they give me the wtf are you talking about look. I try to explain but i just end up going to far.

Quick Reply: The swampthing2 killed in action...