Notices
86-95 Trucks & 4Runners 2nd/3rd gen pickups, and 1st/2nd gen 4Runners with IFS

subaru 1 yota 0

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2007, 04:57 AM
Fossilized
Staff

Received 449 Likes on 294 Posts
You have heard from everyone about the doctor deal, hope both of you check out OK. Sucks about your Runner-subaru chick had to have been moving. If they total your Runner, you should ask for the right to drive over her car with a D8 Cat.
Old 08-30-2007, 07:16 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
blah. i hate flipped cars. lol. did that last tuesday. course mine was worse, and it was actually totalled. mine still ran, but i couldnt keep it around. we got a lot more than we expected outa the insurance comp though. KBB was like 2500 and we got 3400. but yours doesnt look bad at all. u just flipped it, i rolled, and rolled, and rolled, and landed on some rocks, and rolled over them. etc etc. lol.

ALWAYS WEAR SEAT BELTS!!! they save lives. mine twice in the last 2 years. its smart. if you wouldnt jump off a bridge without a bungy cord, dont drive without a seatbelt.(and by bridge i mean over a rock chasm thats a quarter mile deep, not some deep water from 25 ft up.) JUST WEAR IT! thanks.
Old 08-30-2007, 07:17 AM

the oil was coming out of the EGR not too much came out but I checked the dip stick and there is no oil on it, so the cylinders and intake are probably full.

what sucks is they hooked a chain over the front suspension and I am willing to bet they goofed up that as well and when they flipped it back over it ripped the wire to the engine compartment fuse box.
so now there is no power to the truck.
Old 08-30-2007, 07:49 AM

yeah its a shame but all of us 1st gens are flipping over... i see a pattern here....
Old 08-30-2007, 07:58 AM

it looks like a previou oil leak, the bottom of the engine and front suspesion look all oiley.
Old 08-30-2007, 09:40 AM
Contributing Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 19RUNNER86
yeah its a shame but all of us 1st gens are flipping over... i see a pattern here....
*knocks on wood*
Old 08-30-2007, 11:12 PM

Originally Posted by 91muddog
it looks like a previou oil leak, the bottom of the engine and front suspesion look all oiley.
I thought that just looked new.

Sucks about the flip, man. Keep it and part it or make it a trail bitch. And soak the dumb bitch's insurance for all it's worth and get yourself a new rig.
Old 08-31-2007, 04:37 PM

UPDATE
got a rental truck for 8 days

I got a check for my truck after 2 hours of arguing and threats of layers and me having to explain that Toyota's hold value and he was feeding me bs on that the market for used trucks is bad right now he wanted to total it for 1500$ and then I had the option to buy it back for 300$ at first he was going to have it fixed for cheap no paint job ECT ECT just a new fender but I said I wanted the motor checked and popped the hood and he said at that point it is totaled.
I kept fighting and he got on his computer ran the options and came up with 1 grand more for the value and I said I freaking told you so

gave me my truck and a check for 300$ less then the quoted price and he went on his way so now I am in a no rush market for a western 1st gen 4runner and I hope to buy a pickup from a member her next week until I find a 4runner.
as for me my back is a little sore and neck is better I might go to a doctor in the next few days if it dose no go away in 3 days.

so if anyone has to go through the same as me keep fighting it I feel ok with the price I got could have been better but I came close to even and got to use the truck for a year and have come to like these truck alot and will keep driving them.

also keep all records & papers of what has been done and spent
I could have gotten more if I had the receipts from the life and brush guards lights ECT.

all I can hope for the rest of you is you never have to deal with this.
Old 08-31-2007, 04:59 PM

Hey that does suck im sorry to hear it. It happened to me too (keys falling out and everything lol), but i never reported it cause it was my own dumb fault. As long as your windsheild isn't broken, the pillar being a little bent isn't really significant, although that truck will never be the same again no matter what.. u can buy a new fender and window, and you should be all set. Just refill anything that leaked (gearboxes ect). I just hope that big stain in the road isnt battery acid, that'll rust your engine compartment right out

Glad it seems to all have worked out for you though

Last edited by Switchtr3; 08-31-2007 at 05:07 PM.
Old 08-31-2007, 05:45 PM

no the big stain is is my buddys coke.
Old 08-31-2007, 06:26 PM

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by CyMoN
no the big stain is is my buddys coke.
Is it bad that I find that entertaining?
Old 08-31-2007, 06:39 PM
Contributing Member

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Too bad you couldnt remove some of the parts like the lights and hubs and stuff

Are you going to buy it back for 300 bucks?
Im sure you could make alot of money parting it out, or saving it for parts if/when you buy a 1st gen 4runner

p.s the orange peel on that dodge is crazy!! Most of the new cars have it pretty bad hell, for orange peel my paint is better then my neighbors 07 mustang!

Last edited by Jay351; 08-31-2007 at 06:42 PM.
Old 08-31-2007, 07:20 PM

before he even left I had my title in hand the truck is staying right where it is until I have some time to make sure it is ok I plan on keeping it and fixing it they totaled it but it should still be good the topper took most of the impact so the body is not that bad I just have a title that states it is totaled but if it is fixed I can still drive it if I want.

he had stated that they where going to have to take my truck so they could make up for their loss.
I called BS and said to him what you are only going to get 120$ long steel for it are you kidding me on making up for your loss this is my loss your client hit me.
I am a fighter when it comes to any thing to do with what is right I do not back down I have fought over many bills that where wrong and have always come out well.
I do not believe in backing down what do you have to lose either you will get payed or not or have to pay and I would rather try then walk away with my tail in between my legs.
also I was at home so it was on my turf I did not have to be home at any time so I had all day to argue and at any point could have told him to leave and they will hear from a lawyer.

so always if you can pay for the truck to be towed at the time of the accident to your place or a friends do it if you can it is your still yours until you have singed other wise

only reason I did not get more $$ is I had removed my AC 2 months ago, and it was starting to rust through in a few spots and the seats where trashed.

as for right now I just want to get into something else with no possible issues and I can have as a DD until I either buy another 1st gen or fix mine without a doubt that it is 99.9% safe to drive.

the reason I am not going to buy a 1st gen right off the batt is I want to find the right one .
I want one that has all of the things mine was missing (good seats and interior SFA so I am looking for a 85 SR5 with NO rust.I want factory original paint that is not faded and low miles)
it might take me a few months to a year or two to find the one but I waited two years for this one so I can wait for another one hopefully not to long though
Old 08-31-2007, 07:26 PM

Originally Posted by KevinInSac
Is it bad that I find that entertaining?
whats really weird is the drink was sitting in the center console and when we flipped it did not spill on either of us it is on the windshield a little but most spilled out the pass side window.
I wish there had been a few small cameras taping the the roll or flip what ever you want to call it.
I would like to see it again in even slower slow mo than it happened.
Old 08-31-2007, 07:30 PM
CJM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I wouldnt back down either!
Old 09-01-2007, 07:37 AM
Contributing Member

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Good on yah! Don't let the insurance -heads push you around, its not your fault your baby was messed up by an idiotic driver.
Old 09-01-2007, 12:03 PM

Originally Posted by Jay351
I second the notion of going to a doctor ASAP before you speak to insurance.
They will try to pay you off with the smallest amount possible, if you feel any pain you should be rehembersed for it.

so see a doctor!

Seriously...you need to go see a good chiropractor. My wife went about 6 months ago and he asked if she was in a car accident where she was hit from the passenger side of the car within 4-5 years ago...Amazingly that is exactly what happened to her, the got t-boned in an intersection...when she asked how he knew, he said because she had some serious complications in her neck from that....

Go see a chiropractor...and get it on the insurance's dime.

Good luck in finding that 1st gen you're looking for.
Old 09-06-2007, 03:18 PM

Update
today was the first day with overcast so I pulled the plugs and the intake hose the hose was full of oil and all but the #6 plug had oil on it I put rags over each plug hole and turned it over it sprayed oil all over the place I am glad I did this in the drive way and not in the garage

also I have been working on my new toy I drove to Chicago on Sunday and picked up a 86 pickup and I have been doing a few little mods to it like installing a tach and some backup lights and I will be going to harbor freight and buying a tube bender to make a flat bed for the truck.
the day I got it plated I got pulled over 2 hours later for not having a bumper no ticket but the cop told me to get a bumper on it as soon as I could so today I made one out of a 4x4 post and I need to find a trailer hitch for it as well.
Old 09-06-2007, 05:48 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
a build thread for the bed would be awesome
Old 09-06-2007, 07:30 PM

A buddy of mine just rolled his 4runner.. he paid 1500 for it and insurance paid him 6000.. so anythings possible

Quick Reply: subaru 1 yota 0