Notices
86-95 Trucks & 4Runners 2nd/3rd gen pickups, and 1st/2nd gen 4Runners with IFS

Pro comp

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2008, 10:15 AM

Received 118 Likes on 67 Posts
Originally Posted by ozziesironmanoffroad
just reread the OP. oops. my mistake. and dusten, i noticed you only have 21 posts, did you come here just to start shat? 'i suggest you stop before the hole gets deeper'. no need to get rude, we're all friends here.
+1 ozzie... there is no need for rudeness here...
Old 11-22-2008, 01:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
just reread the OP. oops. my mistake. and dusten, i noticed you only have 21 posts, did you come here just to start shat? 'i suggest you stop before the hole gets deeper'. no need to get rude, we're all friends here.
no, i didn't. I came here because all of my experience involves fords, chevy's and motorcycles. This is my first toyota. Granted, not much is left of the toyota, its still a yota.
Just because i am new here does not mean I am new to forums, or wheelin'.

Originally Posted by iamsuperbleeder
oh but it's ok, look at his avatar and the flex his daddy's truck has

and just for the sake of argument; if you throw a steep cam in a SB Chevy for instance, then your vaccum can drop and cause braking issues. basically a lack of power brakes; had it happen in my 82 Monte Carlo
what does this have to do with anything?
A simply cure for that is hydroboost brakes.... We were talking about power causing your brakes to lock up, not lack of vacuum at idle(the only time that your cam is really going to effect idle) causing you not to have any brakes.

And as for the comment about the 4runner in my avatar being daddies. Nice try, its mine. I didn't build it, i bought it. But it is mine. And the rig i traded for it was built by me. The comment about my age is kind of ty, I've served almost 10 years active duty military, i dont need my age, or my possession called into question by someone on a forum board.
Here is my old rig, on my trailer when i met the guy that owned the 4runner, so we could trade

and the 4runner loaded up on the trailer(im in black shirt)

the comment i made was after ozzie made several attempts to cover his tracks, instead of just admitting he was wrong, and didn't know what he was talking about. Nothing more, nothing less.

Ozzie, since you want to try and make # of posts relevant, how is it you can have 4000+ posts, yet not know how a brake system works, or what clutch to install in your truck?

Last edited by Dusten; 11-22-2008 at 01:26 PM.
Old 11-22-2008, 02:57 PM

I'm running 33x12.50x15 procomp M/T and I only have 1 complaint...they don't self clean very good. When these wear out,I'm going to try either the procomp xtreme M/T,or the BFG M/T.

Oh yea...back on topic!
Old 11-22-2008, 03:07 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
after i was trying to cover my tracks? trust me if i was tryin to cover my tracks i would have emailed one of the mods tellin them to delete my posts. quit being a di...err... jerk (edit for forum friendly language). i just mentioned your # of posts cuz u only have 20 something and already seem to be trying to start fights with me. oh well im done arguing, cuz arguing online is like being in the special olympics cuz even if u win ur still retarded. so yeah, go have fun with daddys truck.
and if you really are military, then i have to thank you for your service, though you dont seem to be very friendly.
btw, you're a marine, arent you?

Last edited by ozziesironmanoffroad; 11-22-2008 at 03:09 PM.
Old 11-22-2008, 04:32 PM

and if you really are military, then i have to thank you for your service, though you dont seem to be very friendly.
10 years of dealing wtih whiny momma's boys who shouldnt have joined will do that to you....

btw, you're a marine, arent you?
no
Old 11-22-2008, 05:14 PM

hm. well, thanks for your service anyway
Old 11-23-2008, 11:28 AM
Contributing Member

Received 30 Likes on 25 Posts
lol, I was just f-n with ya man, geez

thanks for serving our country btw!

can't we all just get along?
Old 11-23-2008, 11:47 AM

Forum Fight!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111
Old 11-23-2008, 12:13 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Old 11-23-2008, 12:36 PM
Contributing Member

Received 30 Likes on 25 Posts
lmao

sum1 will get pwned, haxor!!!!!!1111!!1111one
Old 11-23-2008, 12:41 PM

oh for god sakes. lol in the past 3 months i have seen more fights on this forum than ever before. Look we are talking about trucks, we don't need to diss on people's character. If someone has 4000 posts and still doesn't no crap, maybe that person is trying to learn by asking lots of questions? If the guy doesn't know what clutch to buy, maybe it is because they have never had to change a clutch in their toyota before? I didn't know what to get, so I asked and got answers from people who have done clutches on TOYOTAS, and have experiences with different clutches on their TOYOTA. I have done all kinds of car and truck work, and i spent quite a bit time in the auto shop in high school, but that doesn't mean as soon as come into possession of a vehicle i instantly know everything about it. I am not trying to be rude, nor should anyone else be one this forum. We are here to ask questions, learn, help others, and give our opinion about the trucks, not telling the person that he/she is being an idiot or not. At least that's why i am here. No one will probably listen to me, so in the mean time,

Last edited by Alex 400; 11-23-2008 at 12:43 PM.
Old 11-23-2008, 12:44 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
ozzie, youra nice guy, thankin him for somethin after he forced us to know hes the brake god. and he still gives you short answers. em em em. this yota on yota violence makes me sick lol
Old 11-23-2008, 01:48 PM

I hate you all.

Anyways.

Procomps are great tires. We were the only place in bakersfield that stocked them besides 4 wheel parts when i worked at discount tire centers... We sold them by the bushel.

I saw one come back with tread seperation.

Then again, i saw alot of tires come back with tread separation.

Like any tire, take care of them and they will take care of you.
Old 11-23-2008, 08:45 PM

I'm sorry, but I own a ford too, and I would have kept the EB. They are way harder to find in decent shape than a first gen 4Runner. At least around here. And they're just cool. Nice Super Duty too by the way. You have a 6.0L in it?
Old 11-23-2008, 09:57 PM

Wouldnt the power of the engine actually affect the brakes, because of the different vacuum in the brake booster?? Also, if the rear drum brakes are screwed up, the car will slide easier, because disc/drum brake systems are designed for the rear brakes to start first, and if they are messed up, they could easily lockup and slide before the front brakes engage. Which is helped my using mudders in the rain.
Old 11-23-2008, 11:15 PM

Originally Posted by Yotapowa
Wouldnt the power of the engine actually affect the brakes, because of the different vacuum in the brake booster?? Also, if the rear drum brakes are screwed up, the car will slide easier, because disc/drum brake systems are designed for the rear brakes to start first, and if they are messed up, they could easily lockup and slide before the front brakes engage. Which is helped my using mudders in the rain.
the amount of power the engine makes doesn't directly affect the amount of vacuum an engine can produce. Also brake boosters are different sizes which can create different amounts of assist. and yes if the rear brakes are out of adjustment, then they will start to apply before the front, slightly. but that is also why there is a proportioning valve in the brake system so that there is equal brake fluid volume between the drums and the disc.
Old 11-24-2008, 05:04 AM

Originally Posted by yoder519
ozzie, youra nice guy, thankin him for somethin after he forced us to know hes the brake god. and he still gives you short answers. em em em. this yota on yota violence makes me sick lol
i just dont like arguing about stupid stuff, and refuse to let myself get sucked into it. and i try to be a nice guy. lol.
Old 11-24-2008, 07:00 AM

Originally Posted by Skinsfan6
I'm sorry, but I own a ford too, and I would have kept the EB. They are way harder to find in decent shape than a first gen 4Runner. At least around here. And they're just cool. Nice Super Duty too by the way. You have a 6.0L in it?
here is the logic behind the EB. I bought it as a basket case. I was tired of putting money into it. I wanted something to wheel, not something cosmetically nice. I have my super duty and an older 58 F-100(big block/c6/dana 44/9"/np205/discs/power brakes/steering...) so the bronco had no place. It was alot of $$$ away from being a great wheeler. The backseat sucked, so my son couldnt go with. It just didnt fit my billing.
the superduty has the 6.4L TT in it.
Old 11-24-2008, 09:54 AM

Dunno about the mud terrains from pro comp, but my at's are great in the rain and snow. haven't tried mud, they're not suited for it, and Apalmer can attest to the performance of my at's in rocks, after airing down of course. Probable reason the jeep slid: 1. they're lighter and tend to lock brakes easier 2. he had mud tires, they just generally don't do as well in rain 3. they probably weren't siped, siping can make a hell of a difference.