Notices
86-95 Trucks & 4Runners 2nd/3rd gen pickups, and 1st/2nd gen 4Runners with IFS

One Sad 4runner

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2007, 01:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i had someone at school try to pry open the sliding rear window in my truck while it sat in the parking lot outside my dorm. get an alarm, with one shock sensor under the dash and another in the rear. And... air horns... the loudest you can find. even the dumbest criminal will %$^# their pants and run at the sound of those.
Old 04-24-2007, 01:09 PM

Originally Posted by toy power
i had someone at school try to pry open the sliding rear window in my truck while it sat in the parking lot outside my dorm. get an alarm, with one shock sensor under the dash and another in the rear. And... air horns... the loudest you can find. even the dumbest criminal will %$^# their pants and run at the sound of those.
very nice. how much? lol.
Old 04-24-2007, 03:28 PM

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
That's always hard to see man. Car part stealers and taggers are all the same. They act like tough ☺☺☺☺☺, but are too cowardly to do anything during the daylight.

My car has been spared so far. I have a sub in the back and an amp under the seat. the only thing you can see is the POS deck. My locks have been popped three times in the last three years, but the trusty old factory Yota alarm has saved the car. I've had to replace the locks twice now, and now that I think about it, both door locks are busted again. ☺☺☺☺ERS have tried four times now... But the alarm has only gone off three times... I'm just glad they haven't smashed the window. The alarm would do no good then.
Old 04-24-2007, 03:36 PM

my alarm consists of a little sticker that says protected by toyogaurd. other than that...
Old 04-24-2007, 04:08 PM

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
man that sux, ive had a system in my 4Runner for over a year and havent had problems yet. I guess it helps that im in a smaller community.
Old 04-24-2007, 04:13 PM
Contributing Member

keep your eyes open, you may just see someone breaking into a vehicle some day. most likely, they will be the same ones that hit yours.

break out the 'massage oil', now thats karma!

lee
Old 04-24-2007, 05:22 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
! good thing about living in rural MS.. I never take the keys out of my truck, the doors are never locked.. We don't even lock the house most days.. Country living has its advantages........that sucks man, hate you got jacked
Old 04-24-2007, 06:12 PM

that sucks man, my truck got stolen and they took everything that came off except for the tires then dumped it on the side of the road, at least they didnt break anything to get in.... god dam theifs need to die
Old 04-24-2007, 06:33 PM
Drama Queen/Banned

Any chance it's someone you know?

Slashing the tire makes me think so.
Old 04-24-2007, 06:42 PM

I can't imagine someone breakiing into my vehicle. The closest thing thst happened to me was a break in at my moms house but it was after we had gone. mom had to come back home and heard the basement door shut and saw someone run away in the woods.

I did run someone away from my truck while I was at home as well. mom with her handgun and me with my louieville slugger. I wish I could have caught up to them. They couldn't get into my vehicle very well because it was sitting up so high. I was glad to have my 4" susp. + 3" body + 35" tires. Seemed to make a good theft deturent.

Sorry to hear about that happening after only 3 days.

I wonder if plexy windows would deture someone? hmmmmm
Old 04-24-2007, 06:46 PM

sorry to hear. i cant even imagine...

what year 4runner is that? looks identical to the one we sold about 8 years ago...

does 2rgf116 mean anything to you?
Old 04-24-2007, 07:09 PM

Originally Posted by dijlop
very nice. how much? lol.
depends one what alarm you buy and if you install it... but i paid $30 for a set of air horns at parts store; advance auto or something similar.
Old 04-24-2007, 08:55 PM

ahhh that sucks, i plan on building in my stereo in to the truck with covers so invisimable to the untrained eyes
Old 04-24-2007, 08:59 PM

this scares me, i just put a sub and amp in my ride today. i need an alarm.
Old 04-24-2007, 09:01 PM

There just subs, next time spend it on something worth it.
Old 04-24-2007, 09:05 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
They slashed your friggen tire.. What jackass's.

My gf's car got broken into in a parking garage in Vancouver, BV last winter and they got my sunglasses and some other stuff.

If only we'd caught them in the act, I'd still be in Canada. LOL

arrrgghhhh .. I could go ona racist rampage right now but i wont but damn the stereotypes can be so damn coincidental!!!!!

Goodluck in gett'n 'er back in shape. Atleast they didnt rip apart the inside (right?)

On a positive note, just know you're not like them and don't get tooo frustrated over it since that will only bring more of this your way (if you believe in the power of positive thinking) =)
Old 04-24-2007, 09:57 PM

yeah, i have to rip the seats to get all the glass.
there is no way they are getting my deck, its bolted to the dash.
i dont want to drill holes through the bottom of my truck, idk why, i have some big holes in my pickup from subboxes bolted down.
im thinking maybe a huge chain bolted to the top and on the tie down rungs.

new window will be here tomarrow, and hopefully an alarm next week. remote start baby, oh yeah.

bothe key holes and wing wondows in my p/u are messed up from thieves.
let me catch them, they wont see daylight again :]

i live in a small town but those bay area a-holes keep movin out here.

the inside is good, it sucks though, the same day she saw her first mud with me.
ahwell, game me a reason to de-tweakerfy the inside and do the stereo system right!

Last edited by 91muddog; 04-24-2007 at 10:01 PM.
Old 04-24-2007, 10:27 PM

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
I've heard horror stories of bolted down stereos that the punks couldn't get. They were pissed about not getting anything, so they took a screw driver to the dash.
Old 04-24-2007, 11:45 PM
Contributing Member

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
^ yeah, or the story of the dude who welded razor blades under his dash to cut up a would be theif.

Came back to his car to see blood and one hell of a mess.
Theif subossibly took a knife to his seats, kicked in his dash and whatnot...

I have made a habbit to leave my truck looking empty inside, only thing a theif can see is my wheel club.
Old 04-25-2007, 07:13 AM

I had a set of headlight covers stolen from my car once (parked at the mall too).... I put a reward in the local newspaper for anyone having any information about it, took a couple days but someone called anonymously and told me who it was and wouldn't even accept the $100 reward i had offered. Yes the covers only cost $40 but i got my covers back and satisfaction from the 2 punks : ....if was me i would try a reward and see what turns up

highway

Quick Reply: One Sad 4runner