Notices
86-95 Trucks & 4Runners 2nd/3rd gen pickups, and 1st/2nd gen 4Runners with IFS

New (to me) 94 4Runner

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2010, 05:11 PM
Contributing Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I will get a few when I get my camera working properly again.
Old 02-22-2010, 10:31 PM

Great looking Runner. The black rims with the green paint looks sweet. When you did the bed linner spray did you spray a clear coat over it? Buddy of mine did it to his rocker panels on his Ford, he did after. Looks ok but not sure if its needed. Thinking of doing my Yota hood, fenders and inside bed with it, then eventually the whole truck.
Old 02-23-2010, 11:53 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Nice Ride man, I just picked up a 94 4Runner this last Sunday 2-21-10. Same color as yours. Mine had a few more miles but the body and interior are a perfect 10. I am loving the lift and tires. I have been considering it even before I bought the runner knowing I wanted one for out door excursions. Are you happy with the bj spacers and lc coils. I had a 93 extra cab many years ago witht the Tbars cranked 2.5 inches running downey T bars. The truck was rough as hell. Let me know how the 1" crank feels compared to stock. I like when they sit level not racked back or front. Also other then removing the auto hubs, did you have anything else to change other then putting the manuels back on. Thanks for the info and I look forward to see more of your work. NICE 4RUNNER
Old 02-23-2010, 01:12 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by 86YotaCO
Great looking Runner. The black rims with the green paint looks sweet. When you did the bed linner spray did you spray a clear coat over it? Buddy of mine did it to his rocker panels on his Ford, he did after. Looks ok but not sure if its needed. Thinking of doing my Yota hood, fenders and inside bed with it, then eventually the whole truck.
Thanks for the compliments. No clear at all. I just removed the hood and sanded it down really good with medium Scotch Brite pads and then I cleaned and wiped it down really good with lacquer thinner. It looks pretty good to me and to be honest with you I am very glad that I did it. IMO it looks better than it would have if it were still green and in good shape. I hope to start on coating the rockers this upcoming weekend. I will try to get a few updated pics soon.

Originally Posted by 85toyman
Nice Ride man, I just picked up a 94 4Runner this last Sunday 2-21-10. Same color as yours. Mine had a few more miles but the body and interior are a perfect 10. I am loving the lift and tires. I have been considering it even before I bought the runner knowing I wanted one for out door excursions. Are you happy with the bj spacers and lc coils. I had a 93 extra cab many years ago witht the Tbars cranked 2.5 inches running downey T bars. The truck was rough as hell. Let me know how the 1" crank feels compared to stock. I like when they sit level not racked back or front. Also other then removing the auto hubs, did you have anything else to change other then putting the manuels back on. Thanks for the info and I look forward to see more of your work. NICE 4RUNNER

Thanks for the compliments and congrats on your purchase. I am sure you will like it as I sure do like mine. As for the BJ spacers and LC coils they are great so far and I have no idea that will change. I had a Revtek spacer in the front and LC coils in the rear of my 97 and I loved it and feel certain this one will be the same.

I have not done the hub swap yet so I can't help there but I will update when I do. I have so many parts in the garage waiting to be installed and so little time to install them.
Old 02-23-2010, 02:26 PM

Your ride looks bad-a$$ man. I can't wait to put in my coils. Gotta get some BJ spacers first and a 1 inch BL. And shocks. Do it all at once. I like the 15" wheel and 12.5" wide tire better, so that's what I'll do, but your runner looks sweet on the 285s. Now go wheel
Old 02-26-2010, 02:37 PM
Contributing Member

A few more pics with the ugly SR5 stripes removed, the Yakima Loadwarrior, and the Hella 500FF lights installed...

Old 02-26-2010, 02:39 PM
Contributing Member

A few of you had requested pics of the hood after I painted it with the Rust-Oleum Bed Liner. Here are a few crappy ones but should give you the idea...

I hope to be able to get the rockers done the same way next week.
Old 02-26-2010, 02:56 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
nice runner :p looks awesome. love th 33"s on steel wheels and the roof rack.
Old 02-26-2010, 03:29 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
looks good. No offense but I plan on copying your style. Only question is how did you run the wiring for the lights? I cant figure out how to get the wires off the top with out drilling holes in the roof? Back door is roll up window. Share your secret.
Old 02-26-2010, 04:08 PM

Your hood turned out awesome. You're making me want to install my lift so bad, but I'm waiting on funds for shocks. I love your rig
Old 02-27-2010, 09:41 AM

Looks great. Thinking i will get some of that spray soon and start on my Yota.
Old 02-27-2010, 05:05 PM
Contributing Member

Thanks again for all of the compliments guys. I went on a bit of a shopping spree for the truck today today.

Here is a list of what will be here next week..

Smittybuilt XRC 10 competition winch w/synthetic rope
Aussie locker for the rear
New headunit CD player and new speakers
Cobra CB (still need to order antenna)
Hi-Lift jack
New wheel and tire for spare

I also got word today that my bumper guy will be able to start on my truck around the middle or end of March which was great news for me. He will be building and installing both front and rear bumpers as well as DOM sliders. Now all I need to do is find some time to install all of this stuff...
Old 02-27-2010, 05:17 PM

Sweeeeet i cant wait to see this thing all done and in the mud haha
Old 02-28-2010, 10:04 AM
Contributing Member

Did a little mild wheeling last night at a friend's house. Sorry no pics. I was very impressed at how well it did with what little has been done to the truck. I am very excited to get the rest of my parts installed and ready to use.

Old 02-28-2010, 12:06 PM

badass 4runner right there ^^^
Old 02-28-2010, 02:14 PM

How did you remove the stripes? I have the same color, just a year older.
Old 02-28-2010, 03:39 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by 91_TOYOTA_4x4
badass 4runner right there ^^^
Thanks

Originally Posted by nsb22
How did you remove the stripes? I have the same color, just a year older.
3M eraser wheel that I bought at my local Car Quest. Just need a good die grinder and air compressor to turn the wheel and it will peel the graphics right off. Afterwards I cleaned the area really good with lacquer thinner and waxed the area with a good cleaner wax. Looks much better IMO.
Old 02-28-2010, 10:21 PM

You can power wash the vinyl off, but then there's the adhesive left. 3m makes an auto adhesive remover, but it doesnt work very well. The best thing is a rubber wheel on a drill, but you'll burn off a decent ammount of the clearcoat too.
Old 02-28-2010, 10:23 PM

Oh, he said it. I'm sure his looks better than mine.
Old 03-17-2010, 05:44 PM
Contributing Member

LOTS of work going on with the Yota since the last update. I will have new pics up soon listing all of the mods. Here is a sneak peak at the best one.....

If you look closely you can see a couple of the others.

Quick Reply: New (to me) 94 4Runner