Notices
86-95 Trucks & 4Runners 2nd/3rd gen pickups, and 1st/2nd gen 4Runners with IFS

Need help FAST!sold tires..kid wants $$ back

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2007, 05:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
this is so stupid its hard to find the right word.. immature? lost? hopeless? tell them to get bent!! its like going to a yard sale or auction.. you look, you like, you buy. no refunds! unless you were like listen, try them out for a few weeks let me know what you think. if you dont like them ill give you your cash back.. i doubt you did...just tell them whats up..
Old 12-10-2007, 05:31 PM

yeah, if some 17 year old kid called me and said "you'll have to deal with my dad!" i'd laugh at him. what kind of a threat is that?

give the fockers my number, tell them i'm your agent. i'll tell them where to go.
Old 12-10-2007, 05:35 PM
Contributing Member

I'm glad you're not worrying about it. That means your conscience is clean. Tell them you don't have the money and and all sales are final. Don't bring up all the other stuff about them taking the wheels a month ahead and the $300 possible insurance claim or etc. The court won't care about that stuff (If it gets that far). All they care about is facts. The facts are you sold them a set of wheels, you explained to the interested party the condition of said item, they paid for the item and left. You received payment an adult and ALL SALES FINAL!

Ps...and don't be a jackass like some members are telling you. Be polite and respectful. If it escalates, file a report for harrasment. Write everything down and save all your texts and vm's. Be smart! .. Just my opinion.

Last edited by Djlarroc; 12-10-2007 at 05:36 PM.
Old 12-10-2007, 05:42 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
For all those saying a minor can't enter a contract- What contract? He didn't sell him a house man, just a set of tires. I'd tell them to go fly a kite. Sure they can sue you, that's beside the point. Tell them to get bent. If they sue you, just tell the judge the truth and you will be fine.
Old 12-10-2007, 05:45 PM

Just to throw a different point out there (just for the sake of doing it). The kid and his dad probably took the tires to Pepboys and when Pepboys said they wouldn't mount the tires the dad probably asked why not. It's a possibility that Pepboys told them that they don't mount used tires and as a side note told them that its "unsafe" to mount them with a tear in the bead. Although it rarely happens, there IS a reason why Pepboys doesn't mount used tires (Liability). So you showed the kid the tires and told/showed him the tears and he purchased them anyways. I don't know if this matters, but it could, at any time did you say there are some tears in the beads but the tires are/should be fine? Now I know that some tears are pefectly safe, but there are tears that are dangerous. And if a judge hears you told them "the tears are fine" and hears Pepboys say that tears "are unsafe" then there is a chance it could be trouble for ya. Also, with regards to "no warranty", I don't know the particulars about it but there is such a thing called implied warranty. I think that implied warranties are the reason why "As Is" is such a well known term. I think that to disclaim an implied warranty seller must clearly state "as is" or "with all faults". If not then there is a chance the implied warranty might get ya. I did take a business law class but I was or through most of the classes (freshman year). So don't take my reply as fact, it probably isn't. All I'm saying is I do remember when my professor read cases and had us guess the decisions, that I was surprised by alot of the judgements, and that a single sentence is what ruined a persons case. I don't know the particulars of your transaction so don't take this as a reason for any action or inaction. I'm just throwing this out there to give their hypothetical arguement so those who read this can argue against (thus further helping ya out).
Old 12-10-2007, 05:49 PM

Originally Posted by IllToy
Better off Dead
Old 12-10-2007, 06:06 PM
Donny, you're out of your element
Staff

Received 55 Likes on 34 Posts
Just a brief synopsis of all the things you can tell him to do, according to this thread lol:

1. Get bent x2
2. Give your "agent" a call
3. Take you to court
4. Sit and "rotate"
5. Buy his own new tires
6. Take it somewhere else and stop crying
7. Bug off
8. Take a big bite and go away
9. no money back, Tough luck
10. kiss your (behind)
11. Go screw themselves

And finally, my option, which is to go pound sand.

Plain and simple you explained the damage. They bought them anyways. Tough love go pound sand and next time dont buy something when you have no idea what you are doing.
Old 12-10-2007, 06:55 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
just tell the people to take the tires to a Big O or whatever they have out there, Big O will mount anything. you'd be surprised at the stuff i have to mount sometimes. ive had to mount a 9 year old tire that was beat to crap onto a rusted 15" junkyard rim. no warranty, we told the guy that we were not responsible. had it in writing. the guy signed it. theyre all set.
Old 12-10-2007, 06:57 PM

so the saga continues wow... how lame. Are the tires goin onto another yota?
Old 12-10-2007, 07:20 PM

dude they dont have jack on u. If i was you id call him and tell him if he dont stop calling hes gonna have to deal with my dad lol but seriously you shoulda had him sign some thing.
Old 12-10-2007, 07:25 PM
CJM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Do nothing, you didnt do anything wrong and its buyer beware. They have no legal recourse.
Old 12-10-2007, 07:56 PM

WELL..after a night of the mom texting me lol..Here is where im at
I owe them $300
The mom said her husband didnt know about the rips, or he woudlnt have bought them..Wich isnt really my fault because the son said "i'll buy them" them the mom gave me the money. if the dad was that into the deal, he woudl have came out to talk to me..not use his son as the middle man.

Well....im not giving them the $$ even though they demand i take it to them tomorrow.
Old 12-10-2007, 08:05 PM
CJM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Dont even bother with them anymore, they keep texting you I suggest you file a harassment complaint.

If you want to explain it to them plain and simple: You explained the defects, he bought them no warranty or return policy they are yours period and you aint taking them back unless you charge a restocking fee of oh 100% for your efforts and time.

If you really have issues with them invite them down for the money and ask me to attend.. I am sure MR 1911 will convince them other wise... Humor man, joking..

Last edited by CJM; 12-10-2007 at 08:06 PM.
Old 12-10-2007, 08:15 PM
Banned

Received 20 Likes on 9 Posts
The mom is texting you.

Old 12-10-2007, 08:17 PM

yea haha..cuz i told her i couldnt pick up the phone while I was at work...after they called me about 12 times.
Old 12-10-2007, 08:27 PM

lol a what a bunch of sore losers.. holy crap man thats what you get with messing with punk ass kids with mommies money in their hands. Just tell them that it was sold AS IS so its their problem. Kids mom texting you is also kinda sad/ pathetic..
Old 12-10-2007, 08:30 PM

gg with texting moms. i really dont see any reason that you should give them their money back, they are going to proally hate you because of their ignorance but thats their problem since you told the kid about the damage on the tires. its his fault more than it is yours.
Old 12-10-2007, 09:06 PM

You need to call the cops and just let them know that way its documented they are harassing you, and if for some reason this escalates you can have something to fall back on. My brother is a cop and says that its alot easier to determine the problem if its done this way as opposed to the cops getting a random call from a neighbor about two people yelling in the front yard. If you think they are annoying now, wait until tomorrow when they realize you aren't gonna pay.

Last edited by Mr.Dabadina; 12-10-2007 at 09:21 PM.
Old 12-10-2007, 09:15 PM

I told him I mounted them like that without a problem and drove on them for a while without problems. Then said, if he used bead sealer they SHOULD mount ok
Old 12-10-2007, 09:23 PM

I would tell them to go buy one new tire and be done with it.
or you could play nice guy and you could call around and find a tire place that will mount the tires and tell them to go there.

we have a few tire places that will sell used tires with good tread and there is no refund.
if there was any physical threat in the past I would not talk to them tomorrow and if they show up at your place call the cops.
also most lawyers offer a first time consultation for free you may want to talk to one to cover you grounds.

Quick Reply: Need help FAST!sold tires..kid wants $$ back