Notices
86-95 Trucks & 4Runners 2nd/3rd gen pickups, and 1st/2nd gen 4Runners with IFS

Missing connector & catalyst

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2020, 06:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Missing connector & catalyst

Hey guys I'm a newbie on this forum and it' glad to be part of this toyota community

Name is Alan. I'm running a '90 Hilux DLX 4wd w/ 22RE engine. This beautiful ride had been with my family since my grand dad bought it as new. Truck passed through dad hands, he sold him to an old neighbor who never took care of this truck and now by this year, I've got the opportunity to own it and return it again to the family. I've been in love with this truck for too long, a simple but though machine.
Now I'm restoring it so as far as I go into some overhaul I find into some dead ends that even my mechanic can't figure out. One of this is that I've got this missing connector and I don't seem to find where it goes exactly. A friend who owns a 4Runner says it's part of the EGR system but can't still find where exactly goes. And the last one is that the previous owner lives in a state that it's not necessary the use of a catalyst converter so he removed it. And now where I live I should do 2 time a year an emission test so I can keep driving legally my truck but since I don't have the catalyst my truck was rejected. So i want to know if anyone knows the input and output size of the original catalyst so i can buy a generic one, since the oem is not available at any toyota dealership.

Thanks in advance and here I leave the photos of both problems.
Old 11-06-2020, 07:52 AM
YT Community Team

Received 907 Likes on 647 Posts
First. We need to clarify. " I've got this missing connector and I don't seem to find where it goes exactly"
I'm assuming you have something unplugged. I need pictures!

Getting a bolt up catalytic converter isn't a problem. I got a Magnaflow one that fit fine. I find the quality rather average, maybe a tad less. About the best thing about it is the smog tech can say a converter is present. I heard Walker may be a bit better. What do you have now, did someone bolt in straight pipe that has flanges, or was pipe welded in?