Notices
86-95 Trucks & 4Runners 2nd/3rd gen pickups, and 1st/2nd gen 4Runners with IFS

Leaf spring pads spacers and camber adjustment

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2020, 07:10 PM

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
Leaf spring pads spacers and camber adjustment

Upon looking for leaf spring pads for mi truck I am having much difficulty. Anybody have any part numbers for aftermarket pads that you've used that fit like the original?

I have original Toyota Part numbers as.....

leaf spring pad 4837235010

leaf spring pad spacer 4803735010

the leaf springs are 2 3/8" wide

HELP!

Old 03-03-2020, 07:06 AM

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
It;s gonna take a little while to get here, but it looks like Amayama still has them. (Genuine Toyota)

I looked recently at my stealership and got no help, so now I'm just saving some pennies for an OME spring kit, and hoping it comes with pads, hah.
Old 03-03-2020, 10:28 AM

Originally Posted by Neemox
It;s gonna take a little while to get here, but it looks like Amayama still has them. (Genuine Toyota)

I looked recently at my stealership and got no help, so now I'm just saving some pennies for an OME spring kit, and hoping it comes with pads, hah.
Thanks for the info!! That is the first time Ive heard of or seen that company or site. Seems like that is THE place to go for stuff I can't find elsewhere.
Haha Ill keep my fingers crossed for you hoping that the pads come with the springs, were they that expensive that you decided to take the risk instead of ordering them along with the springs? OEM prices can be scary sometimes.
Old 03-04-2020, 03:52 PM

Received 36 Likes on 27 Posts
Another great source for OEM parts is www.toyotapartsdeal.com

I've had great luck there. Reasonable pricing as well
Old 03-04-2020, 03:57 PM

Originally Posted by Warwagon
Another great source for OEM parts is www.toyotapartsdeal.com

I've had great luck there. Reasonable pricing as well
Originally Posted by dh12791
Thanks for the info!! That is the first time Ive heard of or seen that company or site. Seems like that is THE place to go for stuff I can't find elsewhere.
Haha Ill keep my fingers crossed for you hoping that the pads come with the springs, were they that expensive that you decided to take the risk instead of ordering them along with the springs? OEM prices can be scary sometimes.
Upon checking it out it looks like a great site. I was a little weary about if I was navigating the site right and if I was looking at the proper part numbers so I sent them an inquiry asking if they could pinpoint the right "catalogue" for my truck. They sent me a message back and said that based on the information that I gave them(filled out their inquiry form) that they could not locate the catalogue for my specific vehicle. Any pointers?
Old 03-04-2020, 04:01 PM

Received 36 Likes on 27 Posts
Originally Posted by dh12791
Upon checking it out it looks like a great site. I was a little weary about if I was navigating the site right and if I was looking at the proper part numbers so I sent them an inquiry asking if they could pinpoint the right "catalogue" for my truck. They sent me a message back and said that based on the information that I gave them(filled out their inquiry form) that they could not locate the catalogue for my specific vehicle. Any pointers?
What type of truck do you have? Theres options on the website to pick your truck specs then search those part numbers you have against the compatibility of the truck. I only did a quick look but it looks like those numbers work fine and you should be able to find what you need.
Old 03-04-2020, 04:10 PM

Originally Posted by Warwagon
What type of truck do you have? Theres options on the website to pick your truck specs then search those part numbers you have against the compatibility of the truck. I only did a quick look but it looks like those numbers work fine and you should be able to find what you need.
not exactly sure to be honest. still learning all the oddball frame and body numbers and what not. Theres some info on it in my bio. the original window sticker I have says
Year/Model: 1990 8254A
my frame has: VZN905011179
Vin is: JT4VN93D6L5011179

Didn't even cross my mind till now actually but maybe Ill make a post on this to try to get some more info. The forum must have some good links to VIN decoders and stuff right?
Old 03-04-2020, 06:35 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Try partznet dot com ? They are in Philly area-
Old 03-04-2020, 06:53 PM

Originally Posted by det107
Try partznet dot com ? They are in Philly area-
Just gave them a look see. No bueno. Thanks for the recommendation though. It's looking like they'll be an Amayama buy for me.
Old 03-08-2020, 11:19 PM
YT Community Team

Received 907 Likes on 647 Posts
McGeorge Toyota beats Tootapartsdeal by a little bit, and since they're in a different state I don’t get taxed. I recently ordered a window run from Amayama and it was a great deal($30), and Shipping was only $10-$11.

if you ever want OEM grade terminal ends EasternBeaver can get Yazaki brass terminals at a very fair price. They’re the open barrel type, which requires a special crimper, but worth it for bomber connections. He lives in Japan, so it take a week to get.
Old 03-08-2020, 11:51 PM
YT Community Team

J=Japan(country where vehicle assembled) This is a big deal because USA still charges tariffs on vehicles built overseas. Not so bad on cars, but brutal on trucks.
T=Toyota
4=truck(2=passenger vehicle, 3=sport utility)
VN =V6 engine Hilux
93=2wd extracab
D=Deluxe
L=Oops. Year of vehicle. Not steering wheel
the last 6 numbers are the serial numbers unique to your truck.

the 8254a is used in the Sales dept and says the same thing. The “a” would mean a production early in the model year. About half way through the year they often switch to “b”. They do that mostly if the plan to boost the price a bit.

Last edited by Jimkola; 03-10-2020 at 03:15 AM.
The following users liked this post:
Neemox (03-09-2020)
Old 03-09-2020, 06:29 AM

Originally Posted by Jimkola
McGeorge Toyota beats Tootapartsdeal by a little bit, and since they're in a different state I don’t get taxed. I recently ordered a window run from Amayama and it was a great deal($30), and Shipping was only $10-$11.

if you ever want OEM grade terminal ends EasternBeaver can get Yazaki brass terminals at a very fair price. They’re the open barrel type, which requires a special crimper, but worth it for bomber connections. He lives in Japan, so it take a week to get.
J=Japan(country where vehicle assembled) This is a big deal because USA still charges tariffs on vehicles built overseas. Not so bad on cars, but brutal on trucks.
T=Toyota
4=truck(2=passenger vehicle, 3=sport utility)
VN =V6 engine
93=2wd extracab
D=Deluxe
L=steering wheel on left side
the last 6 numbers are the serial numbers unique to your truck.

the 8254a is used in the Sales dept and says the same thing. The “a” would mean a production early in the model year. About half way through the year they often switch to “b”. They do that mostly if the plan to boost the price a bit.
Thanks for that information Jimkola youda man. It looks to me like McGeorge and ToyotaPartsDeal list the parts but are not actually able to get them (says discontinued) Looks like Amayama is my best bet. I have other parts I will need to get from them and think I have gathered all the right part numbers to get the order right the first time hopefully with the way their ordering system works.

I will definitely keep EasternBeaver in mind for the terminals. Depending on what I need that will probably come in handy when I get around to doing whatever wiring I need to do for my 5vzfe Ill be putting in.

And that Vin information is great thanks Ive used a couple online decoders but dont remember seeing it broken down exactly quite like that.
When you say its a big deal that its made in Japan you mean at the time of purchase? Or does that add value to the truck in general?
Old 03-09-2020, 06:50 AM
YT Community Team

Amayama isn’t very good on updating availability. Odds are, if it says unavailable here in USA it won’t be available in Japan, either. I placed an order with Amayama on something they had a price for(discontinued here) and after 3 days they refunded my money saying the part was unavailable. But you can give it a shot.

Imported trucks get hit with a 25% tariff. That’s why Toyota was so keen on getting a US factory. Remember the Subaru Brat with the plastic jump seat in the bed? It got classified as a car and the tariff on a car was only 2.5%. You just pulled the seat out after you bought it.

don’t forget these sites
Aisin:https://www.aisinaftermarket.com/eng...lineparts.html
Denso:https://densoautoparts.com/find-my-part.aspx

Last edited by Jimkola; 03-09-2020 at 07:06 AM.
The following users liked this post:
old87yota (03-18-2020)
Old 03-09-2020, 07:08 AM

Amayama isn’t very good on updating availability. Odds are, if it says unavailable here in USA it won’t be available in Japan, either. I placed an order with Amayama on something they had a price for(discontinued here) and after 3 days they refunded my money saying the part was unavailable. But you can give it a shot.

Imported trucks get hit with a 25% tariff. That’s why Toyota was so keen on getting a US factory. Remember the Subaru Brat with the plastic jump seat in the bed? It got classified as a car and the tariff on a car was only 2.5%. You just pulled the seat out after you bought it.
Thanks for the heads up. I will give them a shot and see what happens. Gotchya so without that tariff my truck would have been even cheaper than the already pretty cheap original sticker price. I did not know that about the tariff on trucks. Just looked up the Subaru Brat that thing is cool can't say Ive ever seen one or heard of them before.

Thanks for the part sites. Now have them bookmarked!

Last edited by dh12791; 03-09-2020 at 07:18 AM.
Old 03-09-2020, 07:47 AM
YT Community Team

I needed the u-bolts for my leafsprings(the ones that hold the spring pack to the perch) and they were discontinued. I went by the dealer and they had stacks of leafsprings that were part of a recall on the 2nd gen Tacoma. The replacement springs came with new hardware and the parts manager gave me a pair of used u-bolts. Fit perfectly. So you might look at early Tacoma’s to see if some of those parts might fit. The dealer will have no info from Toyota showing what interchanges, so you need to do your own measuring and comparing.
Old 03-09-2020, 07:54 AM

I needed the u-bolts for my leafsprings(the ones that hold the spring pack to the perch) and they were discontinued. I went by the dealer and they had stacks of leafsprings that were part of a recall on the 2nd gen Tacoma. The replacement springs came with new hardware and the parts manager gave me a pair of used u-bolts. Fit perfectly. So you might look at early Tacoma’s to see if some of those parts might fit. The dealer will have no info from Toyota showing what interchanges, so you need to do your own measuring and comparing.
Good to know. I actually ordered used leaf spring seats from japanesetruckdismantling.com and they sent ubolts with them eventhough i didnt need them the pads are the last thing i couldnt find. So if anyone needs the same u bolts i have let me know.