just got a job at chrysler, might have to sell the yota :~(

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2009, 05:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
^^ probably not!
Old 11-04-2009, 05:32 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Bobcat Sig
Really? So the fact that my Tacoma's engine, tranny and other engine components were built in Japan and installed into the truck in California, doesn't make it a Toyota?

Try telling that to Tundra, Sequoia and Matrix owners.

Point of fact, my brother drives a 4th gen 4Runner and the interior fit and finish is all but identical.
You're frame was made by Dana. Your frame has serious deficiencies that lead to major rust problems in a lot of areas.

4Runners have all been made in Japan. No frame issues.
Old 11-04-2009, 07:19 PM

Typical union thuggery. Sucks to put up with, but it's your choice to work for an organization like the UAW.
Old 11-04-2009, 09:11 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Matt16
You're frame was made by Dana. Your frame has serious deficiencies that lead to major rust problems in a lot of areas.

4Runners have all been made in Japan. No frame issues.
The only good things DANA ever made was the 44/60 axles and the 20/300 t-cases.

My runner has the J at the beginning of the vin, so did the pickup.... no issues with either. Oh and they also say TOYODA on the power steering pump fluid res although I don't know why.
Old 11-05-2009, 05:08 AM

Originally Posted by Junkers88
Oh and they also say TOYODA on the power steering pump fluid res although I don't know why.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sakichi_Toyoda

There are a few threads on here as well about it.
Old 11-05-2009, 02:05 PM

Originally Posted by Asha'man
Typical union thuggery. Sucks to put up with, but it's your choice to work for an organization like the UAW.
well, i won't be a part of the UAW. not all employees are. the general rule of thumb is that all blue collar workers are UAW, and all white collar workers are not UAW. i'm an engineer, and therefore i'm not part of the union. however, the mentality towards foreign vehicles is the same, union or not.

oh, and for the record, i'd much rather not work in the american auto industry. i love cars, always have, but it's so unstable. unfortunately, we are stuck in detroit due to owning a house (which we actually bought for 25% less than the appraised value, but then the recession happened and the value dropped WAAAAY below even what we paid for it). so now we have 2 choices. foreclose and move away and start over (NOT an option for me), or suck it up and stay. this was the first job i could get, so i took it. the next big up and coming thing in detroit is the defense industry. i'm hoping to eventually get into that industry (and engineer is an engineer is an engineer) cuz it'll be MUCH more stable.
Old 11-05-2009, 02:12 PM
Contributing Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Junkers88
The only good things DANA ever made was the 44/60 axles and the 20/300 t-cases.
They made good Wix filters too.
Old 11-05-2009, 02:26 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Blk63vette
Will there even be a Chrysler in a couple of months??
Funny, I was thinking the same thing. Fortunately/unfortunately this problem should only plague the OP for 6-18 months I would guess. (sorry man and good luck)
Kudos for trying to do the right thing by doing whatever it takes to fulfill your obligations.
Old 11-05-2009, 02:56 PM

Defense industry?? are the detroit lions defense planning a riot? just kidding,or maybe the homeland security(homer lanskurity)got inside info that detroit will be ground zero for the next civil war...j/k lol
Old 11-05-2009, 03:52 PM

Just get a jeep.........
Old 11-05-2009, 05:42 PM

Originally Posted by TubedYota
Just get a jeep.........
JEEP:

Junk Each and Every Part

Old 11-05-2009, 06:09 PM

Originally Posted by ayoung101
well, i won't be a part of the UAW. not all employees are. the general rule of thumb is that all blue collar workers are UAW, and all white collar workers are not UAW. i'm an engineer, and therefore i'm not part of the union. however, the mentality towards foreign vehicles is the same, union or not.

oh, and for the record, i'd much rather not work in the american auto industry. i love cars, always have, but it's so unstable. unfortunately, we are stuck in detroit due to owning a house (which we actually bought for 25% less than the appraised value, but then the recession happened and the value dropped WAAAAY below even what we paid for it). so now we have 2 choices. foreclose and move away and start over (NOT an option for me), or suck it up and stay. this was the first job i could get, so i took it. the next big up and coming thing in detroit is the defense industry. i'm hoping to eventually get into that industry (and engineer is an engineer is an engineer) cuz it'll be MUCH more stable.
That's good, anyway. The further you can distance yourself from that hotbed of corruption and anti-Americanism (unions), the better.
Old 11-05-2009, 07:15 PM

It is probably the worst in the Detroit area. Everybody is trying to protect their jobs. When i lived in N. Ohio and Ford was having problems in the early 80's, all the workers there started buying their own Lorain made T-Birds and Cougars. Kept them employed.

Either keep the Yota and take the bus or put a bike rack on the back of it & ride in from the back 40 where they make you park.

Jobs are hard to come by in Detroit. It's one of the hardest hit metro areas.
In the end, you gotta do what you gotta do.
Old 11-06-2009, 04:38 PM

Originally Posted by JamesD
JEEP:

Junk Each and Every Part

LOL not tryin to start anythin but my jeeps run............
Old 11-06-2009, 05:14 PM

dont want to start anything either but i have to say the cherokee i used to own took my abuse fairly well. and that 4.0L is an great engine. and that aisin warner tranny behind that aint bad either.
Old 11-06-2009, 05:52 PM

Originally Posted by xjdubber
dont want to start anything either but i have to say the cherokee i used to own took my abuse fairly well. and that 4.0L is an great engine. and that aisin warner tranny behind that aint bad either.
Yeah and it will do as many miles as any yota I've had (almost 300K) and have a lot more power doin it + it has a 4 link front, straight axle and tons of aftermarket support (ever hear of jeepspeed?) I'm not a single brand kind of guy..........chevy had the K5 ford has the 66-77 bronco.......toyota has a good small truck and runner........but when it comes down to it you really can't beat any jeep.........well that's the thing you can beat the hell out of it and it will love it and ask for more

p.s. Please don't ban me lol.............
Old 11-06-2009, 06:13 PM

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
sure you can beat a jeep, lol.
it's called a TOYOTA.
Old 11-06-2009, 06:16 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by xjdubber
I'm no yota fanboy. Every car has its ups and downs, and mostly every car/truck should last thousands and thousands of miles if its taken care of properly. I've seen chevys go for 300,000 miles. Dodges go for 250,000. They were all well maintained (most of these are farm trucks around this area).

But toyota is the best :-P
Old 11-06-2009, 07:00 PM

Every car has their ups and downs......Toyota just has more ups than it does downs
Old 11-06-2009, 07:22 PM

^^^ true...I always like my jeep though, and was just super amazed the one time when I checked my rad level and did not put the cap back on right. that was at the bottom of a trail i could not stop untill i got to the top of the trail. the last 10 minutes of that trip to the top then poor thing was knocking, smoking and everything else. Opened up the hood oil was seeping out of every gasket. i let her cool down found some water to fill er up and put the cap on right and drove it another 60,000kms before i sold it. funny thing was that she never leaked a drop of oil even after that. it had 350xxxkms on it when i got rid of it.

anyways sorry about the thread Hijack......I would say find any chrysler product and park your toyota on top of it. Its rediculous that they have seperate parking for competitors brand cars. Kinda shows that they're scared.

Quick Reply: just got a job at chrysler, might have to sell the yota :~(