Notices
86-95 Trucks & 4Runners 2nd/3rd gen pickups, and 1st/2nd gen 4Runners with IFS

I got it, I got it, I got it !!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2009, 05:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Were door panels like that standard in Europe? Are they aftermarket or custom? Can you get them like that here in US? I like em. Hell I like the whole rig. Congrats. Don't do like I did and spend so much good time makin her your own that you hate to take her offroad.
Old 06-03-2009, 03:57 PM

Originally Posted by DeathCougar
Yea, good question. Looks like a repaint possibility to me?

Too bad you are gonna take such a nice 4Runner and wheel it

Wheel it and enjoy! They don't make 'em like that anymore.

Just keep it alive and running sweet.
Old 06-03-2009, 04:20 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
nice door panels!
Old 06-03-2009, 04:51 PM

Lightbulb

Please, please, please...

Before you do anything to it, take plenty of pics and then post or save them somewhere for posterity's sake, that is so clean! I'm jealous!!

Better yet, break out a clay bar, polish and wax, get it all as clean as possible then get the pics..what a beautifully preserved example of the trucks from the era!
Old 06-03-2009, 04:52 PM

Originally Posted by desertcamper67
Daaaaaaaaaaamn that 'runner is clean.

I really wish I had the 3 point seatbets in back.
Actually an easy enough retrofit to perform, the bracket is just there along with the small piece of tube where the upper bolts go. Get yourself a set of mid 80's seatbelts out of a singlecab, make the bracket and top bolt setup and connect to the factory lap belt bolts on either side.

Originally Posted by SkinnyDip
Were door panels like that standard in Europe? Are they aftermarket or custom? Can you get them like that here in US? I like em. Hell I like the whole rig. Congrats. Don't do like I did and spend so much good time makin her your own that you hate to take her offroad.
Germany and Europe editions had those panels as well as a few of the one's from Africa.

Last edited by KelleyC; 06-03-2009 at 04:55 PM.
Old 06-03-2009, 07:28 PM

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts
idk what the big deal is about the door panels? both of mine had the exact same ones. but they were both turbos.
Old 06-03-2009, 07:45 PM
Contributing Member

That is one sweet original Doc! That whole thing is mint! I know you want to do it up but I say leave it stock in a few years you'll be able to enter it in concours shows... I love those original decals... as clean as she is I bet she spent her whole life up on the plain and was hardly ever down to the sea...

Those door panels with the deep dish inset arm rests are rare over here...

did'nt you used to have a mustache doc?

instead of the ARB air locker you could put in a toyota e-locker... but then you would'nt have a compressor on board to air the tires up/down...

Last edited by aviator; 06-03-2009 at 07:50 PM.
Old 06-04-2009, 01:07 AM

The truck came originally from Switzerland.
I think Switzerland was the only country in Europe where 1st gens where sold officialy by toyota.
I saw many pics of Scotty´s C 1st gen, and door panels are the same.
In fact I´ve seen many american 1st gens with these door panels. Why do you find them so rare ??? I guess 88 and 89´s came with those panels...
The most rare thing is that the Odo comes in KMs and not in Miles, hahahahaha.
The paint is absolutelly original and not repainted anywhere . (Just amazing...)
The vin plate is in the engine bay. Maybe those european models have some minor differences...
I have to confess that " I HATE THE LATERAL STICKERS !!!".
Yes, they are original, but ....
The truck is going to be strongly equiped, but not hardly wheeled...
Yes I now: "I am a pu**y", but you have to understand that if I brake anything in this truck, its going to be a pain in the *ss, to find replacement parts here in Spain.
Mechanically is no issue, but for body parts, you can go die at the spanish toyota dealer ....
I´m so happy that you like it.

AVIATOR my friend, .... Never in my life weared a moustache. My buddy Cesc does, hahahahahaha

Cheers
Facu
;-)

Last edited by drfakoo; 06-04-2009 at 01:11 AM.
Old 06-04-2009, 05:59 AM

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
DR,

Absoulutly beautiful runner you found! Glad a yota man like your self picked it up before someone thrashed it! Enjoy, cant wait to see what you do with it
Old 06-04-2009, 06:40 AM

Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts
I think what people are referring to are the dual door handles. I have only ever seen something like that on my 67 Toronado. Love the rig!!! Great find!!!
Old 06-04-2009, 07:00 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
The dual door handles are on all 1st gens. I was referring to the door panels with built-in arm rests. They may be common in Europe, but they're super rare over here. I have a set in my turbo pickup, and it's pretty much the only set I've seen. I think it was a turbo only option in North America.
Old 06-04-2009, 07:22 AM

That's a great looking truck! Have fun with it.

The dual door handles are on all 1st gens. I was referring to the door panels with built-in arm rests. They may be common in Europe, but they're super rare over here. I have a set in my turbo pickup, and it's pretty much the only set I've seen. I think it was a turbo only option in North America.
Hmm, I too have those same door panels on my 88...with a little extra bling I added.
Old 06-04-2009, 08:56 AM
Contributing Member

The dual handles are also on the 2dr 2gen runners. Now that I think about it I did see those door panels on a 1gen SR5 here years ago... I guess it's just that they are getting rare here these days...

must of been your buddy Cesc in the pic at the welding shop then lol...