Notices
86-95 Trucks & 4Runners 2nd/3rd gen pickups, and 1st/2nd gen 4Runners with IFS

Here is my updated Truck.

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2007, 07:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I will also add my support for your work, That looks great and like a lot of fun for tourists.
I will also add my support for some safety cage/ roll protection for the back seats. I am imagining branches coming over the roof and whacking people in the back of the head. Rollover damage is obvious, but people getting drunk and what not on a vacation could lead to all sorts of rotten things.
Old 05-06-2007, 07:45 PM

Originally Posted by Robrt32
Are you endorced by the great Dave Ramsey?

Edit, nice build job, I wish i was better at fab work, I can do a little but nothing close to that
No Sir I am not endorced by Dave Ramsey
Old 05-06-2007, 07:50 PM

Originally Posted by trythis
I will also add my support for your work, That looks great and like a lot of fun for tourists.
I will also add my support for some safety cage/ roll protection for the back seats. I am imagining branches coming over the roof and whacking people in the back of the head. Rollover damage is obvious, but people getting drunk and what not on a vacation could lead to all sorts of rotten things.
I know this is hard to believe, but the area these trucks will be in is watched very close, they are guided tours, and drinking is not even an option. They will turn you away.
Old 05-06-2007, 08:25 PM
Contributing Member

Hey man, I'm over by Lincoln. I take it you do custom work for anyone as long as they have $$? I'd love to take a ride over your way and check out your work.
Old 05-06-2007, 08:27 PM

Those back seats look fuuuun!
Old 05-06-2007, 08:27 PM

Originally Posted by sts2usnss
Hey man, I'm over by Lincoln. I take it you do custom work for anyone as long as they have $$? I'd love to take a ride over your way and check out your work.

I would be open to that...PM me and tell me what you are looking to have done,and well get something set up.
Old 05-06-2007, 09:07 PM

Sick.
Old 05-07-2007, 12:11 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
everybodies a critic! I dont know what you enjoy in GA but in TX, at least where I come from, we lift our trucks because we like to drive them that way. Some like mud, some like rocks, some like sand, and others like...Wait incoming transmission....GD!!! ASPHALT Just because some people dont follow the "rock crawler" norm around here doesnt mean they are from hawaii. Why is it that anyone that does something to their truck other than go rock crawling has to explain themselves to everyone. Stupid ˟˟˟˟˟˟ing waterhead!!!!! geez

And sorry about the off topic post, I just hate people that think they know it all. I mean it must be my fault I cant find in the owners manual that you are only allowed to use your truck stock or built for rock crawling.
Old 05-07-2007, 05:30 AM

first4runner. Im noticing your the only one with a problem on this thread.

Even the people that don't like the design personally have given him compliments on his work. He has even recieved one offer of business.

Also you seem to be the only one bringing up rockcrawling on this thread. If you would look around the site a little more you would notice alot of "trail" pics that don't have anything to do with rockcrawling.
Old 05-07-2007, 08:12 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by first4runner
everybodies a critic! I dont know what you enjoy in GA but in TX, at least where I come from, we lift our trucks because we like to drive them that way. Some like mud, some like rocks, some like sand, and others like...Wait incoming transmission....GD!!! ASPHALT Just because some people dont follow the "rock crawler" norm around here doesnt mean they are from hawaii. Why is it that anyone that does something to their truck other than go rock crawling has to explain themselves to everyone. Stupid ˟˟˟˟˟˟ing waterhead!!!!! geez

And sorry about the off topic post, I just hate people that think they know it all. I mean it must be my fault I cant find in the owners manual that you are only allowed to use your truck stock or built for rock crawling.
That needs to be said around here weekly to remind some of these internet "crawlers" that there are many different tastes out there...

Usually it's me that reminds them though.

edit. There really didn't seem to be any bashing in this particular thread though... :confused:

Last edited by ovrrdrive; 05-07-2007 at 08:16 AM.
Old 05-07-2007, 08:17 AM
Contributing Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Nice little buggy, I'm sure the tourists will love them. Heck, I'd probably rent one if I was down there on vacation.
Old 05-07-2007, 11:36 AM

LOL He spent all that money to have you build him a truck and he went the cheap way on tires? Hows he doing with those OZ's?
Old 05-07-2007, 11:43 AM

Originally Posted by ovrrdrive
That needs to be said around here weekly to remind some of these internet "crawlers" that there are many different tastes out there...

Usually it's me that reminds them though.

edit. There really didn't seem to be any bashing in this particular thread though... :confused:
yea, there didnt seem to be much bashing, but hey, maybe there was. i agree with the fact that some crawlers need to back down and let people live life their own way. now those stupid 2wd fools that think they want to lift their trucks and mud and stuff with them, they should walk in front of a moving airplane.(btw, my trucks a 2wd, and im trying very hard to lift it.)
Old 05-07-2007, 11:48 AM

Originally Posted by Stomis
LOL He spent all that money to have you build him a truck and he went the cheap way on tires? Hows he doing with those OZ's?

For this trucks purpose, they work fine, hold air, look tuff, and are in expensive. So if a tire gets destroyed no one is out much.

Last edited by cweich; 05-07-2007 at 11:49 AM.
Old 05-07-2007, 11:54 AM

Originally Posted by cweich
For this trucks purpose, they work fine, hold air, look tuff, and are in expensive. So if a tire gets destroyed no one is out much.
good call.
Old 05-07-2007, 12:00 PM

WA4x4 = not a fan.

For tourists, sure it's cool. For anyone else....kinda dumb.

But...there's a lot of fab work. Talk them into making a rock buggy for the lead rig.
Old 05-07-2007, 04:01 PM

Originally Posted by cweich
For this trucks purpose
So how are these guys going to be used? It sounds like it's for tourists to play around on jeep trails, etc... but if that's the case you'd never need tires that big, and may as well just give them painted CJs with a similar transmission job to what you did on this one.

Really interesting work, by the way. Did you do the paint too, or the metalwork only?
Old 05-07-2007, 04:25 PM

you should do a build up on one of those trucks
Old 05-07-2007, 07:36 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I was just telling cweich here that I would like to do something super custom like this to my 4runners body, if it ever becomes my 100% play truck. And I told him that I want to do like 14-20" of lift. And Rocko Taco asks me out of nowhere if I am from hawaii. It set me off because if you trail/crawl your truck then there are no questions asked. But I have to constantly defend myself about lifting my "street" rig super high. That is just what we do down here in south Texas. Oh sure there are all kinds of rigs but it is a big thing to do down here is make a really huge lifted truck. I know it must be my fault. I mean Im the one who didnt read that you can only do certain things with your truck. Im sorry I broke the rules.
Old 05-07-2007, 07:39 PM

ince you mentioned tires, I thought I might pass this link your way. I have no connection with this, but this seems like it might be a smart way to put rubber under these things, and it is reusing/recycling. Great prices, I am hoping they are around when I need new tires.
http://high-tec-retreading.com/DesktopDefault.aspx

Quick Reply: Here is my updated Truck.