Notices
86-95 Trucks & 4Runners 2nd/3rd gen pickups, and 1st/2nd gen 4Runners with IFS

Got my custom sliders put on - pictures!

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2009, 06:07 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Looks great!
Old 06-19-2009, 06:10 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Welds are a little sloppy but verts are the hardest, they dont look too bad considering they're verts
Old 06-19-2009, 06:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Awesome job! What size tubing? I would love to weld me up a pair but Im so worried about drilling or welding to my frame. I have heard some nasty stories of weak spots and cracks. But this has def made me think about it. They look sick! How well have they held up?
Old 06-19-2009, 06:44 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
sweet. even tho you had em put on 2yrs ago. i think 350 for custom sliders and install is a dern skippy deal
Old 06-19-2009, 09:38 PM

Originally Posted by algranger
Welds are a little sloppy but verts are the hardest, they dont look too bad considering they're verts
Haha thanks, this is my first time ever give me a little credit I'm tryin to teach myself I just got the welder last week.

Originally Posted by cethdawson
Awesome job! What size tubing? I would love to weld me up a pair but Im so worried about drilling or welding to my frame. I have heard some nasty stories of weak spots and cracks. But this has def made me think about it. They look sick! How well have they held up?
Idk exactly what size, I didn't make the sliders, I had a guy make 'em for me a couple years ago, it's somethin like 2.5'' DOM tubing. I haven't had any cracks or anything they've held up awesome, been on Fordyce and will be goin through the Rubicon here soon

Originally Posted by yoder519
sweet. even tho you had em put on 2yrs ago. i think 350 for custom sliders and install is a dern skippy deal
Yeah I thought so! I don't think many people realize that I got them a couple years ago and I'm just updating the thread for the gussets lol
Old 06-20-2009, 04:59 PM
Contributing Member

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Good call on the guessets. Sliders are one of the best things ever! One good thud and they pay themselves off. Also provides great side impact protection on the road
Old 06-20-2009, 10:04 PM

Originally Posted by Jay351
Good call on the guessets. Sliders are one of the best things ever! One good thud and they pay themselves off. Also provides great side impact protection on the road
Yeah they've definitely paid for themselves over the past couple years! The gussets will just make em that much better plus it was good welding practice
Old 06-21-2009, 08:43 AM

This is going to be my next mod for sure. I really like the way they came out on your rig. I have been wanting to sas for awhile and yes I have been plenty of places that I could have used it, yet I think I can push a little farther even with IFS if I can get away without body damage. After looking at yours I know just what I want.
Also Those welds really are not bad for someone still learning. I find when welding vert starting from the bottom going to the top seems fairly smooth that way your not passing slag in front of your weld but Im no pro thats just me. good job!
Old 06-21-2009, 02:25 PM

Originally Posted by Slowstrike
This is going to be my next mod for sure. I really like the way they came out on your rig. I have been wanting to sas for awhile and yes I have been plenty of places that I could have used it, yet I think I can push a little farther even with IFS if I can get away without body damage. After looking at yours I know just what I want.
Also Those welds really are not bad for someone still learning. I find when welding vert starting from the bottom going to the top seems fairly smooth that way your not passing slag in front of your weld but Im no pro thats just me. good job!
Thanks! I was welding from the top down, I'll try from the bottom up when I weld on my TG differential armor on my rear axle. Armor should be one of the very first things to go on a trail rig. IFS is more capable than most think especially when you have the right armor! I dragged my truck (when it had 31's and was open/open) through Fordyce to the first creek crossing, I couldn't have done that without the sliders and MC rear bumper.