Notices
86-95 Trucks & 4Runners 2nd/3rd gen pickups, and 1st/2nd gen 4Runners with IFS

Gas!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2008, 02:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fort Frances, ON its $1.40/L for gas and $1.42/L diesel. Thats $5.30 and $5.37 a gal. I'm going really easy on the fuel pedal now. I've been able to squeeze about 230-250 miles for half a tank out so far on average.
Old 06-17-2008, 03:19 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
$3.87 here. Just checked my 4R's mileage. 19mpg mix city and highway with an auto and a/c. I was hoping it would break 20mpg.
Old 06-17-2008, 06:56 PM

$3.98 USD/gallon at the Hess station near me in Central Florida

This is the absolute outcome of our currency crashing. It's not the Oil execs...it's not the Saudi's....it's the men behind the curtain who run the money show...The Federal Reserve and the Bankers who are running the global money supplies. The USD is the ROOT of the problem. 30+ years of nothing but paper crap that was forced on the world (since 1971).

I expect a gallon of gas to be at $6 USD before years end, and at least $8-10 USD in the second quarter of 2009, but who knows what gas will be in other currencies.

I don't care how much Ben Bernanke or Henry Paulson talk about a "strong dollar policy", it isn't going to happen. It's like a kid who is getting bad grades and expects his grades to get better by saying 'I will get better grades' and doing nothing about it.

Bernanke will have to raise interest rates to 10% or higher for the dollar to gain any ground. They're at 2% right now... We're screwed.
Old 06-17-2008, 06:56 PM

im at about 85 miles on a half tank(uncalculated with 4.10's and 33's) and gas is usually around 4.15-4.20gal here.
Old 06-17-2008, 07:30 PM

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by Yopar

This is the absolute outcome of our currency crashing. It's not the Oil execs...it's not the Saudi's....it's the men behind the curtain who run the money show...The Federal Reserve and the Bankers who are running the global money supplies. The USD is the ROOT of the problem. 30+ years of nothing but paper crap that was forced on the world (since 1971).

I expect a gallon of gas to be at $6 USD before years end, and at least $8-10 USD in the second quarter of 2009, but who knows what gas will be in other currencies.

I don't care how much Ben Bernanke or Henry Paulson talk about a "strong dollar policy", it isn't going to happen. It's like a kid who is getting bad grades and expects his grades to get better by saying 'I will get better grades' and doing nothing about it.

Bernanke will have to raise interest rates to 10% or higher for the dollar to gain any ground. They're at 2% right now... We're screwed.
Yep....get out the vasoline and get ready to cry. The world as we've know it is going bye-bye!
Old 06-17-2008, 10:16 PM
Contributing Member

Location: Where it always works if you work it, in Sunny Selinsgrove, PA
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

you're right. the Federal Reserve shouldnt even exist!

ever watch this? Zeitgeist
Old 06-17-2008, 10:46 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by acexxxoasis
is that 5.70 canadian or american? if its canadian its like 5.58 still thats alot of money though...
Our dollars are virtually identical in value at the moment.
Old 06-18-2008, 02:11 AM

1.39 a litre here in Manitoba. I think there's around 4 litres to a gallon roughly....
Old 06-18-2008, 04:06 PM

So you are saying that China and India's demand for gas has nothing to do with the World price of $'s/barrel of oil? I think a population of 2 Billion+ with a growing middle class is definitely going to impact price of oil/gas do to the overwhelming demand for fuel. How could it not? Many of the people where I live who work in the oil/gas business are worried about many huge Chinese Oil/Gas companies who are ready to buy them up due to their country's huge fuel demand. It's not all about the US Reserves and Federal Bankers.

But you do make some good points and acknowledge the World Power Brokers.

Cheers
Old 06-18-2008, 06:14 PM

Sure they are affecting the demand, but not this quickly, I mean we're talking billions of dollars a day increases. The massive increases of food and fuel prices, this quickly, are being caused by the outcome of what Central Banks, (who have controlled the world for the past 100 years-- mainly the ones who own London and NY) have done: pumping liquidity into the system, crashing the currencies and then slowly implementing more control, moving toward a 1 currency system for the world (many say this is all by design, who knows if it's just human nature to want more and more control). Just like the cartoon Ren and Stimpy, these people want to rule the world. But now.... they are up against the Chinese bankers, and India and Iran and Venezuela, etc etc... And they are up against the fact that the internet has educated millions about their operations and plans.

The root of the problems of everything we are dealing with today, from oil to food to terrorism, has to do with control of the money supplies. They own the media that keeps us scared of people with towels on their heads, they keep us fighting in wars that take the children away in the name of patriotism, etc.

Check these out:
http://tinyurl.com/5qckkp
http://tinyurl.com/5qknao

We in trouble! But, like Ireland just did the other day by voting against the Lisbon Treaty for the EU, we can revolt and rise up against the tyrants to take back the land for our children and families.
Old 06-18-2008, 06:39 PM

Sure they are affecting the demand, but not this quickly, I mean we're talking billions of dollars a day increases. The massive increases of food and fuel prices, this quickly, are being caused by the outcome of what Central Banks, (who have controlled the world for the past 100 years-- mainly the ones who own London and NY) have done: pumping liquidity into the system, crashing the currencies and then slowly implementing more control, moving toward a 1 currency system for the world (many say this is all by design, who knows if it's just human nature to want more and more control). Just like the cartoon Ren and Stimpy, these people want to rule the world. But now.... they are up against the Chinese bankers, and India and Iran and Venezuela, etc etc... And they are up against the fact that the internet has educated millions about their operations and plans.

The root of the problems of everything we are dealing with today, from oil to food to terrorism, has to do with control of the money supplies. They own the media that keeps us scared of people with towels on their heads, they keep us fighting in wars that take the children away in the name of patriotism, etc.

Check these out:
http://tinyurl.com/5qckkp
http://tinyurl.com/5qknao

We in trouble! But, like Ireland just did the other day by voting against the Lisbon Treaty for the EU, we can revolt and rise up against the tyrants to take back the land for our children and families.
This isn't the thread to discuss global politics and world power brokers. (Even though I got caught up in it too). In respect of the OP let's not hijack the thread and agree that there are a lot of factors that affect fuel prices (and trust me, the links you provided are only "scratches of the surface" in regards to what we know about global powers etc.).

Back on topic, gas here in Calgary is 1.309/litre on average for 87 octane.

Cheers,
Denny
Old 06-18-2008, 07:37 PM

yeah, I agree, sorry about that tangent
Old 06-18-2008, 07:57 PM
Contributing Member

Location: Where it always works if you work it, in Sunny Selinsgrove, PA
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
yeah, I'm sorry as well, though I'd love to discuss this with you two and anyone else who would be interested in great detail...
Old 06-18-2008, 08:11 PM

Anyhow, back to gas...

Paid $3.97 here in Dallas the other day for 87.

Heard something on the radio the other day about gas stations trying to start gas wars again. Not really like it was in the old days, or so I've heard. A buddy of mine told me of the olden times where he once paid $.24 a gallon while his local stations were price warring. This was obviously a long time ago. The pricing they're trying these days is much more temporary, and is designed to get people in the doors so the store can offset the money lost on gas prices with purchases of sundries, drinks, snacks, etc.

A caller to the radio station said that he stopped at a station near Love Field airport and paid $3.67 for regular. That was yesterday, I believe.
Old 06-19-2008, 01:58 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
regular unleaded here is 3.99 a gallon #2 diesel for my powerstroke is 4.59 it was in the 4.60's for a while but droped off some around 10cents a gallon where gasoline has continued to rise
Old 10-08-2008, 11:02 AM
Contributing Member

Gas at several stations in Fort Worth is going for $2.95 a gallon. NO LIE!!
Old 10-08-2008, 11:17 AM

Bunch of whiners. We were paying $7/gal in the summer here in Vancouver, Canada. Now its back down to a cheap $6/gal so we can relax. This is a pointless thread as it just makes people mad at the raping they are getting at the pump.

Last edited by Matt16; 10-08-2008 at 11:20 AM.
Old 10-08-2008, 11:25 AM

Now gas is 2.86 in Missouri
Old 10-08-2008, 11:30 AM

Why is gas so much money in canada? I feel pretty lucky after reading that 6.00 is concidered cheap
Old 10-08-2008, 11:30 AM

Originally Posted by huntnfreak
Now gas is 2.86 in Missouri
BUgger off See above...$7/gal

Quick Reply: Gas!!!