Notices
86-95 Trucks & 4Runners 2nd/3rd gen pickups, and 1st/2nd gen 4Runners with IFS

fuel pump cushion needed

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2021, 03:50 PM

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
fuel pump cushion needed

Hey Guys, I'm trying to revive my PU after sitting for some years...so I'm going through the fuel system at the moment...so far I've got a new tank, fuel pump, fuel pump bracket, and sender

so today I pulled the non functioning fuel pump out of the old tank, and the piece of rubber that cushions the bottom of the pump against the bracket is a gummy mess and is unusable ..the Denso 950-0150 pump that I bought didn't come with a new one (bought it before I had actually removed my old one)..anybody know where I can get a replacement part from that doesn't cost a small fortune for a simple piece of rubber, or am I stuck paying the $41 that Olathe Toyota wants for one?

...went to Olathe because they had the fuel pump bracket I needed..
Old 05-15-2021, 07:00 AM
YT Community Team

Received 907 Likes on 647 Posts
If you use Olathe's online site the price is $32.00. The least expensive online price I saw from competing dealers was $25.00. You could call Olathe's toll free number for online parts and see if you could order online and pick up in store to avoid a shipping fee. I assume the part# you need in 23249-43080.
The longer you're willing to wait the more options you have and cheaper the object will be. I ordered my front and rear diff bearings from Amayama. Took 3 months to get out of Japan(covid has really slowed that down) but I paid 50-75% less than the least expensive USA source. But I was in no hurry.

Last edited by Jimkola; 05-15-2021 at 07:02 AM.
Old 05-15-2021, 11:01 AM

Originally Posted by Jimkola
If you use Olathe's online site the price is $32.00. The least expensive online price I saw from competing dealers was $25.00. You could call Olathe's toll free number for online parts and see if you could order online and pick up in store to avoid a shipping fee. I assume the part# you need in 23249-43080.
The longer you're willing to wait the more options you have and cheaper the object will be. I ordered my front and rear diff bearings from Amayama. Took 3 months to get out of Japan(covid has really slowed that down) but I paid 50-75% less than the least expensive USA source. But I was in no hurry.
I used Olathe online to get the fuel pump bracket because they had it cheaper than amazon did..had to have it shipped, they're in Kansas, I'm in Arizona

Olathe wants $32.42 for the cushion, and $9 to ship, so $41.42 to me
Larry H Miller Toyota wants $26.43 and $3.67 shipping, so $30.10...I ordered it from them today

still $30 for a piece of rubber that's only 1 3/4 inches across is crazy...

...can't wait to start buying the aftermarket fuel lines and fittings to replace the rusted and rotten factory discontinued stuff under there...may have to visit a junkyard, and see what I can find..though I've heard Toyota's are few and far between in the junkyards here as everybody loves them for the deserts
Old 05-29-2021, 02:04 AM

finally received the fuel pump cushion in the mail..unimpressive piece of rubber for $30

since I can't get a new one from the dealer, guess I'm going to have to either bend up the piece of fuel line I need, ...or I might go with a small section of aftermarket braided stainless from the screw on fitting at the tank up to the one on the fuel filter to replace it

depending on what it would cost, I might go all the way to the motor, since I want the truck to have a desert race truck/prerunner vibe with fiberglass fenders, big tires, and a flexy suspension anyway