Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2007, 02:54 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
can i ask why fender flares?
Old 12-31-2007, 03:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
damn you guys gotta start talkin huh haha
um the horunner part is not part of pirate im only on yotatech
and its cause my buddie had an 89 camery thats shocks squeeked like crazy sounded like an old bed so we called it the love machine and the horunner just came outa that fo runna horunner you know how we do haha
and the flares why not? and for real they are for the long travel in the near future and personally i like them and thats all that matters

and still no one can tell me what the SUB o2 sensor is??
Old 12-31-2007, 03:42 PM
Contributing Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by horunner
and still no one can tell me what the SUB o2 sensor is??
Have you even tried searching for the info yourself? I didn't know what it was, but using my friend, and using a little common sense, I was able to figure it out. And go figure, the answer to that question has been told, your just to blind to see it.

You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink, yet, you want to be bottle fed on this one.
Old 12-31-2007, 04:05 PM

ok well if the answer has been told its by someone who themselves said they werent sure so i just figured it would be that hard for someone to confirm what he said
geez with all the s talking you guys do you act like it would been so hard for you to just answer the question instead of look hear and tell me how you know and instead of informing others you tell them to do it there self
glad i dont have you as a neighbor when i ask for help youd just tell me to figure it out myself i thought that was the whole point of me asking you guys
Old 12-31-2007, 04:35 PM
Contributing Member

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Its been posted!!! We don't know what a "sub o2 sensor" is, you have a cali truck they have a different emissions system then all other trucks. Im guessing that it would be the latter o2 sensor, hence the "sub"

Use google, search the archives or go post on pirate, they will show you some "shhhhht talking"
Old 12-31-2007, 04:35 PM
Contributing Member

I didn't know the answer, but I was able to look it up using the same tools you have at your disposal. I read the same things you did in this thread, then I Googled "SUB O2 Sensor" and read what I could find from that. I actually found the answer in the first link that I clicked on.

If you were my neighbor and needed my help, I'd be more than willing to give you a hand, though if I came over to help, only to discover that all you were doing was putting a new roll of toilet paper on your dispenser, I'd be a bit peeved. But if you needed something that you couldn't do on your own and needed an extra hand or a tool that I have that you don't, no problem.

There is a wealth of info on this board that can be unearthed doing a search. There are many other forums out there that offer the same thing. Its all available by your fingertips, you just have to go the extra step to look for it. Don't fault someone here for suggesting what it could be if you don't go the extra step to research that tip to see if it pans out.

Last edited by EWAYota; 12-31-2007 at 04:37 PM.
Old 12-31-2007, 04:49 PM
Contributing Member

Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts
Sub-O2 sensor is the one after the cat, assuming you have a CA emissions engine. Likely the heater circuit is out on it, use an ohmmeter or test light to check it out. Other option is the wires to it have made contact with the exhaust and melted the insulation. 3rd option is the sensor is dead.
Old 12-31-2007, 06:27 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by mr toytech
if the cel is flashing while driving it means there is a misfire bad enough to melt down the cat.
newer vehicles, yes. Also, this would cause the check-engine light to stay lit up all the time.

Older vehicles with intermittent check light flashing while cruising at freeway speeds are most likely 02 sensor related.

I wouldn't ignore it, but I wouldn't be in a real big hurry to fix it either
Old 12-31-2007, 11:00 PM

Ok, you got your confirmation (4crawler). x2 what EWAY said. I think you're encountering difficulty with us because you're submitting responses with grossly inadequate spelling/grammar/punctuation and asking questions that can be easily searched for (whether you're not able to due to laziness or idiocy, I don't know)--all the while insulting the very people who go out of their way to try to help and insinuating our ignorance.
Old 12-31-2007, 11:02 PM

Oh yeah, a 4th option to what 4Crawler said: perhaps your cat isn't doing its job anymore and you need a new one. Just an educated guess.
Old 01-01-2008, 12:42 PM

thank you guys who actually posted what you think it may be instead of telling to me use google yes ive put sub o2 sensor in google and it came up with alot of diff links for other engine and mainly stuff about an o2 sensor not a sub o2 sensor and im not insinuating anyones ignorance im just saying is it so hard to just give a steight answer? i understand that alot of you guys dont have cali emissions engine if you dont know at all then why try to answer the question? theres plenty of guys on here that do have cali engines that could offer they knowlage and triple thanks to 4crawler for giving me the best answer so for telling me that its the o2 sensor after the cat (unlike everyone else that said sub meant before the cat not after) and 4crawler i will deff be checking into the things you suggested ill post back when a figure it out and as far as posting on pirate f that the reason i posted here was because yotatechers sound like they know more and there are less a holes here but i guess everywheres got there smart a$$e$
i do appreciate everyone taking the time to respond (even though ill think twice about posting in the future)
THANKS YOTATECHERS
and excuse my spelling/grahmer/punctuation this just a forum not english class
Old 01-01-2008, 12:54 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by langzaiguy
CA emissions trucks have 2 O2 sensors--one before the cat and one after.
That was from post 18.

Last edited by EWAYota; 01-01-2008 at 12:55 PM.
Old 01-01-2008, 01:12 PM
Donny, you're out of your element
Staff

Received 55 Likes on 34 Posts
Originally Posted by langzaiguy
Ok, you got your confirmation (4crawler). x2 what EWAY said. I think you're encountering difficulty with us because you're submitting responses with grossly inadequate spelling/grammar/punctuation and asking questions that can be easily searched for (whether you're not able to due to laziness or idiocy, I don't know)--all the while insulting the very people who go out of their way to try to help and insinuating our ignorance.

As I said, despite being givn the answer several times you continued to ask the question.

Our advice is free, so dont push your luck insulting the very people trying to give you free advice. just try going over to Pirate and asking them the same question. You think we are mean? Hah.

And while this is not english class, grammar and spelling are VERY important. If people cant read what you type, they will just skip over it and you will never get the answer you desire.

Long story short: Lay off, dont act like a jerk, and take our advice the first time when we give it to you. You tread a thin line my friend, so just smile and we will all get along.
Old 01-01-2008, 02:07 PM

Sub-O2 sensor is the one after the cat, assuming you have a CA emissions engine. Likely the heater circuit is out on it, use an ohmmeter or test light to check it out. Other option is the wires to it have made contact with the exhaust and melted the insulation. 3rd option is the sensor is dead.

i wasnt given the answer till post 27 every one else just kept saying its an o2 sensor i knew that i wanted to know witch sensor was the SUB o2 sensor and what would cause the light to flash so wildly if you look no one actually gave me an accurate answer till 4crawler posted notice i didnt ask again once he answered my question thanks guys for the help but i guess i know who ill be PMing with anyother "stupid" questions
thanks alot 4crawler i really appreciate it
ok guys no more s talking the questions been answered i think the post is done
yay yotatech

Last edited by horunner; 01-01-2008 at 02:07 PM. Reason: spelling