Notices
86-95 Trucks & 4Runners 2nd/3rd gen pickups, and 1st/2nd gen 4Runners with IFS

First real trail run.....possible hydrolock? :(

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2008, 05:30 PM
Contributing Member

Received 30 Likes on 25 Posts
Originally Posted by BAMF_CT2004
incase you have or havent already click on my youtube link in my sig. I think you will enjoy (superfinger)
lmao

yeah, the name "iamsuperbleeder" stemed from Dane Cook after a strange haloween one year, it's a long story; the name's kinda stuck sence then...

SU-FI!!!

Last edited by iamsuperbleeder; 10-27-2008 at 05:32 PM.
Old 10-27-2008, 05:46 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
BAMF CT2004

No, they are on 31 just north of 176. Legality is fine as long as you don't call a tow truck, or be REALLY loud by this one place.
Old 10-27-2008, 05:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have been on 31 numerous times and never noticed anything. do you have to turn onto brighton then jump on the trails? also who's land is it. I could see noise being an issue but calling a tow truck shouldnt be a problem. Seriously, if it not legal you should stay out of there. Doing stuff like that give us wheelers a bad name and makes it just that much easier to have parks closed down. The whole point of this sport is to be safe and to help conserve land. Just going out to tear up someone elses land is not cool.

Last edited by Dan.3; 10-27-2008 at 05:57 PM.
Old 10-27-2008, 06:14 PM

Yea, or about a mile before that is River Birch which is where another good set of trails is.

It is owned partially by the fountains, and another part a real estate company. The reason the tow truck is the problem is because they have to ask the Fountains come onto this one part (where some people were once), and had a bobcat in reverse all night, so the beeep was what was annoying.

The land is used nearly everyday by ATV's, dirtbikes, trucks, and SUV's.

Firs place I got stuck, but I got out of it myself.

Where it stalled

The pond

Where it sits now
Old 10-27-2008, 06:24 PM
Contributing Member

lol, I think I would have washed some of the mud off before puting it in the garage

man, you need tires like I do...
Old 10-27-2008, 06:27 PM

Oh, and I just looked at Google earth too. Yea back then it was just literally gravel roads. Now its ruts and mud and pits.

To be quite honest it would be nice if it still was cuz then I could just go back there for a little privacy.

Yea thats on my agenda too, lol. I gotta wash it and then put it in the garage. Ye my tires suck, but at least i have good ground clearance, lol.

Last edited by 24Runna; 10-27-2008 at 06:28 PM.
Old 10-27-2008, 06:30 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by 24Runna
To be quite honest it would be nice if it still was cuz then I could just go back there for a little privacy.
and do what?

nevermind, I don't wanna know...
Old 10-27-2008, 06:37 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
bam... clank... whirr....
Old 10-27-2008, 06:39 PM

Make sure to check your starter and alternator. They do not like water or mud. If it does turn out to be either of the two, get the lifetime warranty on both. I have paid off the extra cost 100%. One goes kaput, bring it in to the store and get a brand spankin new one, no questions asked.
Old 10-27-2008, 06:47 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by hmmwv15
Make sure to check your starter and alternator. They do not like water or mud. If it does turn out to be either of the two, get the lifetime warranty on both. I have paid off the extra cost 100%. One goes kaput, bring it in to the store and get a brand spankin new one, no questions asked.
x2
people here on yotatech look at me funny when I say get the part with the lifetime warranty. They always say that my time costs money, to which I agree with for the most part, but this is my truck so to whom do I send the bill for my time? I'd rather replace my starter twice a year for free, than pay for two starters in two years.

if you don't get it, don't bother trying.

Last edited by abecedarian; 10-27-2008 at 06:49 PM.
Old 10-27-2008, 06:49 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by abecedarian
bam... clank... whirr....
haha, that's obvious
Old 10-27-2008, 06:54 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by hmmwv15
oh but see some places do ask questions...

"you had this starter out mudd'n boy?"

"why no sir, I had the truck out mudd'n, the starter just tagged along with the truck. I was going to leave the started at home, but then the truck didn't wunna go, so I felt bad and brought the starter along"

seriously, when I worked at Advance Auto Parts, they use to try to get me to say that crap to people. if it come's with a lifetime free replacement and you paid the extra $$ for that warranty, then damnit you got a free replacement from me, I didn't care if it was 5 gallon bucket of muddy water when you brought it in...

Last edited by iamsuperbleeder; 10-27-2008 at 06:55 PM.
Old 10-27-2008, 07:08 PM

Battery was mostly dead making your starter not engage correctly. Its probably fine.

Also if its cold you could have frozen the water in the starter. I've done that in my old '94 Yukon GT before.
Old 10-27-2008, 07:29 PM

im hoping you have your plugs out, but also make sure you cover up the holes with some tap or clog them with some rags, you dont want all that dirt falling into your cylinders
Old 10-27-2008, 08:18 PM

Wow so many responses, lol.

Plugs are out, and have been out, in which I found out that one of the plugs were never in correctly. It still fired, but compression was probably horrible. Tomorrow I'll put the new battery in and try again, if it is the same result, I'll just get a new starter. Any place in particular I should get it? Carquest, NAPA, Autozone,and Pepboys are around here.

Anything special for washing the engine bay?
Old 10-27-2008, 08:43 PM
Contributing Member

Wow so many responses, lol.
that's why YT's the best!

Any place in particular I should get it? Carquest, NAPA, Autozone,and Pepboys are around here.
just call around and see what kinda prices and warranty's people offer. some places will even match a lower price too so long as the warranty's are the same; keep that in mind
Old 10-27-2008, 08:43 PM

Did you change your oil before trying to crank it over? Did you pull all plugs before cranking or just one? Starter could be fried. Pull it out and jump it while its in a vice and see if it engages! haha Trust me I've done it holding the damn thing!
Old 10-27-2008, 08:45 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by stagger_lee
Pull it out and jump it while its in a vice and see if it engages! haha Trust me I've done it holding the damn thing!
ah, the lil ol 22re starter doesn't kick that hard; hold a 7.3l powerstroke starter and jump the leads
Old 10-27-2008, 08:51 PM

Will do iamsuperbleeder.

stagger_lee, the oil was changed, and all spark plugs were out. Will try that ASAP. I don't think it is even worth trying to get a new battery cuz now all it does is whirl really fast. So the starter is toast. #$#@$#$ I just replaced the damn contacts in the middle of a Chicago hotel parking lot. My dad was right, should have just gotten a new starter.

Poop. Oh well a blessing in disguise, now I can finally check the valve clearances, replace the valve cover seals, clean out the plenum, check the vacuum hoses, new timing belt and water pump (is it necessary?), coolant flush, PCV, big three upgrade, fusebox + wire replacement, start drain &filling the trans and t-case, and the fuel filter. Then I can do the body work (rust, and cancer), Whew I'm going to be down for awhile.

But I'll have YT and this thread for help!!

Stay classy Yotatech....
Old 10-28-2008, 07:39 AM

What do you mean the spark plugs werent in correctly?
You're in for a world of hurt if they were cross threaded...

Quick Reply: First real trail run.....possible hydrolock? :(