Notices
86-95 Trucks & 4Runners 2nd/3rd gen pickups, and 1st/2nd gen 4Runners with IFS

Dual Case Adapters

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2020, 05:57 PM

Received 40 Likes on 30 Posts
Dual Case Adapters

So been patiently waiting for the Marlin MC08 to come back in stock to order. A few months back I inquired and was told ETA of late August early September. Touched based again with them and now am being told no expected ETA at this time now. I get it, production runs, Covid, shrinking market while Marlin shifts focus to Tacomas. But was also told in the email that they expect to have Inchworm adapters in stock soon which blew my mind but makes no sense. Didnt Inchworm go out of business in 2017 and bought up by Trail Gear? The website is dead, no posts on their FB page since their liquidation sale. When I asked the Marlin customer service rep if they secured old inventory or was this new production from Trail Gear I was told it is new production from Inchworm (???)

Does anyone have any info on what might be going on behind the curtain? Adds to the question on what adapter to get. I was trying to hold out for a MC08 adapter but with no ETA was just going to pick up an AA TX2 (at least it has the dual row bearing, although they two extra light duty bearings instead of just one light duty bearing compared to the old AA deisgn from what I understand) but now we have new Inchworm stuff coming back on the scene that hasnt been available in years?

Last edited by Dr Phat; 09-02-2020 at 06:45 PM.
Old 09-02-2020, 06:22 PM

Received 554 Likes on 452 Posts
Pre-order, commit your cash, this gives them hard numbers to work with. "You don't have it in stock, I'll wait" leaves them up in the air about how many they are going to sell and leaves them with the conundrum of do we pull the trigger and have 10, 20, or 100 of these made and not knowing if they can sell them.

PS you text color is very wrong.
The following users liked this post:
swampedout (09-05-2020)
Old 09-02-2020, 06:27 PM

Huh, I never considered that as an option which I would have no problem doing but they never offered.

I get weird issues with the text color. The mobile version of the site is white background so the black text is helpful, but black text on the desktop black background site is unreadable.
Old 09-02-2020, 06:42 PM

Received 554 Likes on 452 Posts
Originally Posted by Dr Phat
Huh, I never considered that as an option which I would have no problem doing but they never offered.

I get weird issues with the text color. The mobile version of the site is white background so the black text is helpful, but black text on the desktop black background site is unreadable.

Should probably ask them "hey are accepting pre orders", even that goes a bit farther I would expect. Think of it from thier view, this is a prospective customer vs this is a customer that's willing to prepay. In the first case they are thinking "well that is a possible sale unless he finds a used one", and second case " hey accounting I've got another pre order, we've got half the minimum manufacturer setup fees sold, we're going to get a volume discount! "

You shouldn't never have to change the default of text color. If you're sending on mobile or desktop it should be "default", then when the server side prefs run it will either switch it to light or dark based on the client prefs or light dark theme. Dunno I never touch that button unless I'm trying to reply inline to a long message and get tired of doing the " [ quote ]" stuff.. Iirc there is a "(default)" tag which is what you should select of you've been Playin with the colors (PS: it says "automatic on mobile" when you hit the font button..
Old 09-02-2020, 06:47 PM

Makes total sense to me, I’ll see if they update anything about the inchworm case this week, if not I’ll give them a call directly next week and ask about preorder.

I switched my original post back to automatic, seemed to do the trick. When I first posted i left it in auto like normal but it stayed black/charcoal text on a black background so I forced it to white.
Old 09-04-2020, 10:46 AM

Received 307 Likes on 211 Posts
Get one from advance adapters. Ive always had very good luck with their parts and customer service. Usually in stock and ready to ship. Can usually get them cheap through polypreformance too.

https://www.polyperformance.com/adva...se-crawler-kit

Dual Case Adapters-beac6fbl.jpg
swampedout (09-05-2020)
Old 09-27-2020, 05:58 AM

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
I've also been waiting on Marlin. Thinking of pulling the plug and getting trail gear. I'll try giving them a call and see if I can pre-order as well, see if they can give a date.

https://trail-gear.com/drivetrain/tr...e-adapter.html
Old 09-27-2020, 06:01 AM

I ended up ordering the Inchworm from Marlin. They haven’t started shipping yet but are at Marlins. After talking on the phone the designs between the MC08 and Imchworm is nearly identical, they inchworm one is just not anodized red and is clockable but uses the same billet and same bearing design as the MC08. Same price as the MC08 as well.
SheepishLion89 (10-04-2020)
Old 02-06-2021, 08:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Dr Phat
I ended up ordering the Inchworm from Marlin. They haven’t started shipping yet but are at Marlins. After talking on the phone the designs between the MC08 and Imchworm is nearly identical, they inchworm one is just not anodized red and is clockable but uses the same billet and same bearing design as the MC08. Same price as the MC08 as well.
Did you take any pictures of the new inchworm case? I'm really curious to see the details. Still can't find anything on trail gears or the marlin website. Lowrange offroad seems to have some old literature on the cases when they were painted blue.
Old 02-07-2021, 08:03 AM

Ended up canceling my order because it hadn’t shipped and got a 23 spline MC08.

Old 02-14-2021, 10:48 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
When did you order that badboy?! it says they are currently out of stock & I'm trying to dual the SAS'd '86 4runner before April damnit!
Old 02-14-2021, 11:48 AM

Oof good luck, I ordered the Inchworm one over the summer but when they announced they MC08 were back in production I canceled it and switched to a preorder. Got it in early December. Hope they do another production for you soon! Give them a call about the Inchworm adapter!