Notices
86-95 Trucks & 4Runners 2nd/3rd gen pickups, and 1st/2nd gen 4Runners with IFS

Does anyone have pictures of wiring going to starter?

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2020, 02:37 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Does anyone have pictures of wiring going to starter?

I’m working on my truck, 94 V6 4x4 5spd, and the mechanic who last worked on it routed the wiring that goes down to the starter and then onto the transmission and o2 sensors incorrectly. Somewhere up around the battery is where I think he got off track and then just kept pushing forward. Now it’s a mess that I can’t figure out.

Does anyone have pictures that show the routing from the top, through the wheel well, and maybe even from the bottom looking up? It’s mostly the area inside the engine bay next to and above the starter that I can’t figure out. There’s two hard plastic brackets that I have no idea where those go. I would greatly appreciate any help with this. I want to pull all of that wiring harness up through there tomorrow and then re-route it correctly.
Old 10-19-2020, 06:35 PM

Received 100 Likes on 79 Posts
I thought I did; IIRC the goofy horseshoe thing sort of wraps around the top of shock and torsion bar A frame mounts. But can't find those pics.
Sorry; was hoping to dump a bunch of karma into the forum for withdrawal.
Old 10-21-2020, 02:02 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by coopster
I thought I did; IIRC the goofy horseshoe thing sort of wraps around the top of shock and torsion bar A frame mounts. But can't find those pics.
Sorry; was hoping to dump a bunch of karma into the forum for withdrawal.

I looked through an insane amount of pictures and videos, and someone had a picture of their header project from the front that accidentally showed the routing of that plastic horseshoe. In my two pictures, it’s just dangling in one of them, and that’s roughly how it was installed from the mechanic. It was going around a hard line for the ac or p/s or something and didn’t have enough slack to reach the mounting clips. I had to pull the wire completely out and reroute it down in there to get it to line up the way it needed to. There’s two clips that it attaches to. One at the plastic horseshoe, and another further down the wire toward the starter.

Now that I’ve posted this update, I can claim ownership of the only pictures on the internet that intentionally show this wire routing. Now, on to the other wiring that goes through there and back to the transmission and o2 sensors.

Last edited by Cat3TRD; 10-21-2020 at 02:06 PM.
The following users liked this post:
coopster (10-21-2020)