Notices
86-95 Trucks & 4Runners 2nd/3rd gen pickups, and 1st/2nd gen 4Runners with IFS

Bleeder-Dude's Official 22re Engine Rebuild Thread - TONS OF PICTURES!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2009, 03:45 PM
Contributing Member

Received 30 Likes on 25 Posts
Originally Posted by camo31"10.50"
i give bleeder the "Most Beautiful Motor EVER built" award.....

it looks AMAZING..lets hope it runs just as good!
thank you! I'm hoping it'll run fantastic with all the money and labor time I'm throwing at it, lol

Originally Posted by davo247d
where did you get your headers bleeder and did you have have to get a new exshaust system?
it's actually just the PaceSetter header, I stripped and repainted it though

I also have PaceSetter's cat-back kit on the truck as well

The header can be bolted onto a stock system; it'll bolt right to the front flange on the catalytic converter.

I bought both the header and cat-back kit from Summit a little while back, about 4 months before the motor rebuild started
The following users liked this post:
Enzothehound (07-25-2021)
Old 07-19-2009, 05:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
WTF!!! Still waiting on Marlin? I hope he's sending you a free crawl box to make up for it. I guess that ground shipping from Cali to FL takes quite a while. That sucks man, but i suppose on the bright side your not completly done yet so it's not keeping you from firing it up.

Aside from that lookin GREAT bleeder.
Old 07-20-2009, 04:06 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by 4Krawler
WTF!!! Still waiting on Marlin? I hope he's sending you a free crawl box to make up for it. I guess that ground shipping from Cali to FL takes quite a while. That sucks man, but i suppose on the bright side your not completly done yet so it's not keeping you from firing it up.

Aside from that lookin GREAT bleeder.
yeeeesssss.... still waiting... I'm going to call them tomorrow if it's not here when I get home and see if I can get a tracking number or something... it's about to get agrivating... they said they were going to ship it not this past friday, but the friday before!

I popped the hood today with plans of scraping off a bunch of clay and mud from the front diff so I could more easily install my 4crawler 1" diff drop, just cause it's a lot easier to get to right now

Name:  IMG_3604.jpg
Views: 499
Size:  102.3 KB

well I ended up scraping it off, then found myself scraping TONS of dried up mud off the frame rails, ran all the way back to the rear tires, then moved up into the inner fender in front of the rear tires, and HOLY CRAP!!!

Name:  IMG_3605.jpg
Views: 513
Size:  82.6 KB

Name:  IMG_3606.jpg
Views: 504
Size:  77.3 KB

may not look like a whole lot from the pics, but I assure you, it was a LOT! and to top it off, while reaching up into the fender on the driver's side and breaking loose large clumps of dried dirt and mud, I also ended up pulling down HAND FULLS of a fire any nest that had started to take root in there somehow I didn't get eat'n alive; I think they were just as surprised as me, lmao

but, after that today, I have finally came to the conclusion that my truck will NEVER, EVER, EVER, EVER!!! see any mud hole again... it's been WELL over a year since the last time the truck was even playing lightly in some mud, and to find and break loose all this mess after that long, is rediculous...

RIP - Mud Life

Old 07-20-2009, 04:41 PM
Contributing Member

Received 188 Likes on 131 Posts
Oh geez...

j/k! Its nice having a pretty and loved truck isn't it?
Old 07-20-2009, 07:10 PM

Srry superbleeder idk ive said that a couple times that i wouldnt ever go mudding again and its like an addiction lol
Old 07-20-2009, 07:18 PM

Originally Posted by iamsuperbleeder

but, after that today, I have finally came to the conclusion that my truck will NEVER, EVER, EVER, EVER!!! see any mud hole again... it's been WELL over a year since the last time the truck was even playing lightly in some mud, and to find and break loose all this mess after that long, is rediculous...

RIP - Mud Life
you know, when i first got my yota i said "i'm not muddin in this truck, i'll only use the 4wd if i really need to" and everybody laughed at me. i actually didn't go out to the woods for the first 2 or 3 months i had it (i got it right after rainy season by the way ). when i finally got it out in the woods i just couldn't help myself. i had to see what the ol' 'yota could do.... just like you'll have to see how the new motor does, with all it's upgraded glory.

the mudhole beckons.... and you must obey its cries!!!

Last edited by mattaway; 07-20-2009 at 07:44 PM.
Old 07-21-2009, 10:17 AM

haha ive said the same thing all the time but like davo said it really is an addiction!
Old 07-21-2009, 02:05 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
super looks great I cant believe you still haven't gotten your MC clutch thats crazy.

I got mine all done and its awesome but now I have a new noice that I cant figure out so on to the next thing
Old 07-21-2009, 03:19 PM

That motor looks sick bro!

Puts mine to shame.

Name:  photo012.jpg
Views: 528
Size:  140.0 KB

Only thing I can brag about is that My truck is driveable!

Nice work though bro!
Old 07-21-2009, 04:00 PM

Received 120 Likes on 59 Posts
Looks good Travis !!
Cant wait to see er movin again !!

Old 07-22-2009, 06:20 PM
Contributing Member

You know, the mudding use to be an addiction; the truck spent the first year I had it looking like that photo, lol

BUT, I learned pretty quick that I was killing my baby

I still like to go out and WATCH other go mudding, don't get me wrong, epsecially when they're buddies of mine and they're just play'n in their spare truck, lol. But honestly, it's kinda stupid to do in a daily driver...

I'll still take the truck out to the woods, and more than likely end up pulling people out and getting the truck a little dirty at times, but I'm not going to go head on into a mud pit on purpose just to see if I can make it, lol.

OH, update the MC ordeal

I called them up today, got a tracking number, and the clutch will be here Friday

It's not getting put in Friday cause I've got a date but my father is coming over Saturday and we're going to set the motor in the truck

I'll probably call up the Toyota dealership tomorrow and see if I can't get my little parts and peices on the way there so I can pick them up, probably saturday afternoon, or maybe even before we start to set the motor in.

I'll be sending the injectors out either Friday or Saturday as well; I had to wait on the pay check, as I've been flat BROKE all week, and have been living off the spare change in the jar on the nightstand damn expensive rent... damn expensive motor, lol...

So on Saturday night, expect to see some pictures of the motor finally sitting in the truck!

Old 07-22-2009, 06:25 PM
Contributing Member

Received 188 Likes on 131 Posts
geez 'bout time!!!
Old 07-22-2009, 07:44 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Ha. fresno to sac...hmmm. must be flying?
Old 07-22-2009, 08:05 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
At seven hours to go 170mi from Fresno to Sacramento, I would guess it's on a truck.
Old 07-22-2009, 08:37 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by Dirt Driver
At seven hours to go 170mi from Fresno to Sacramento, I would guess it's on a truck.
that was 4 days ago, lol, it BETTER be getting close to my side of the continent by now
Old 07-22-2009, 08:41 PM

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts
How effed up is that huh? Every time I order something it comes from the east coast. And when you guys order something is has to come from all the way over here. wtf.
Old 07-23-2009, 12:17 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by toylocost
How effed up is that huh? Every time I order something it comes from the east coast. And when you guys order something is has to come from all the way over here. wtf.
lol, who are you ordering from over here? every freek'n place I find is in Cali!
Old 07-23-2009, 01:24 PM

Received 120 Likes on 59 Posts
Originally Posted by Tubbyfatty
Ha. fresno to sac...hmmm. must be flying?
lolz, x2 like WTF ?!? Going north when it should be going WAYYY southeast ??

And if it was fliying it wouldnt be a week long arrival..
2-3 days max

Old 07-23-2009, 02:27 PM

but I'm not going to go head on into a mud pit on purpose just to see if I can make it, lol.
who you tryin' to fool? fool!

who you tryin' to kid? kid!

Old 07-23-2009, 02:35 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
that was 4 days ago, lol,
Heh, don't mind me. I was falling asleep in my chair when I posted that.

Quick Reply: Bleeder-Dude's Official 22re Engine Rebuild Thread - TONS OF PICTURES!!!