Old 06-09-2013, 09:15 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
great picks and good price also
Old 06-09-2013, 10:43 AM

Subscribed!
Old 06-09-2013, 11:29 AM

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
I will finally get the afternoon off today, so expect some photos tonight.
Old 06-09-2013, 11:50 AM

Originally Posted by Grego92

[/URL]
dude.... i want those seats and console... its the best setup for my taste... im in love... sweet man
Old 06-10-2013, 08:08 AM

What a great thread. It has helped me in so many ways with my 95 T4R build. Thanks YotaTech............
Old 06-11-2013, 06:14 PM

Originally Posted by T4L
Not really a mod, but I scored an unscathed stock skidplate over the weekend. Might not be as good as aftermarket, but better than nothing.
How much did the skid cost? As soon as I can find a Toyota at pick n pull I'm going to take it
Old 06-11-2013, 11:37 PM

What an awesome thread, I only read through about 15 pages before I had to post though, so I saw a couple of stuff sayin the turbo pickup is a find, well at my big junkyard there are only 3 Toyotas, 1 of which is an 87 turbo! What should I look to pull on that truck?? Or if you really want a specific part I could probably pull it for you.. it looked pretty beat up but seemed to have most parts
I'm also gonna look into the Chevy 63" leafs, how hard is it to get those on? They just plug and play or do I have to move my swingers? Will it give me more ride height or just more flex and payload ability?
And I'm goona get that aoooga horn, $9 at harbor freight
Old 06-11-2013, 11:46 PM

Oh and I wanna get manual hubs, any other cars out there with aisin hubs besides our Toyotas I could look for?
Old 06-12-2013, 12:02 AM

Originally Posted by bigred*
Oh and I wanna get manual hubs, any other cars out there with aisin hubs besides our Toyotas I could look for?
off subject a lil... i bought my used 89 from a guy it was modified but he didnt know much about it... are aisin hubs hard to find or somethin cuz mine have them... whats so special about them??
Old 06-12-2013, 05:40 AM

Sorry if it was off subject, ill be headin to the junkyard this afternoon after work mainly lookin for those, more on subject I guess though, last time I was there I found that the newer ford ranger stock wheel flares fit pretty nicely around our wheel well, just need to cut off an extra inch, I woulda got em but the lady wanted $25 for each one!! Ya right! I'll try and snap some pics, they would look pretty good in my opinion
Old 06-24-2013, 06:11 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I work at a place called "Action Auto" here in Fairbanks AK, we have a 91 4runner, with the 3slow and auto, missing grille, LF fender, and backglass, but rest is there, it's red w/gray interior. They ship.
Old 06-24-2013, 06:32 PM

Originally Posted by Shoua
Here's a tip for you guys hunting wheels/tires: let all the air out of the tire. When you go to pay for it, tell them they're bad tires since they're flat. That way they won't charge you for tires.

Works here at the local yard anyway.
Really?
Old 06-25-2013, 04:51 AM

Received 37 Likes on 31 Posts
Originally Posted by milkybar
Really?
you... you do realize you just quoted someone from two years ago, right?

Old 06-28-2013, 01:26 PM

Just read a little bit of this, great thread. Whenever I go to the yard I tell my girlfriend I'm going "Shopping." We have a great local yard and some friends and I have fixed and upgraded my pickup, 2 range rovers, a subaru legacy and an Audi wagon all...or mostly, on junkyard parts. Things like light bulbs, trim pieces, hardware and such are most of what I get but we've gotten some killer deals as well. I once caught a guy removing and scrapping a subaru limited from the yard, asked if i could pick it for a minute before they crushed it, and got a leather steering wheel, leather shifter, wood accents all around, and a double din radio/cd player for 20 bucks.

Today I pulled the fittings from 22re intake manifolds to make my diff breathers (haven't checked for fit yet and got a new heater control valve as well. i also got a working brake light bulb and grabbed a few dome light bulbs from FZJ80s which are 10w as opposed to the 5w bulbs in my 2nd gen pickup. last week I got 2 stock black shift knobs for 5 bucks. After pay day I'm hunting for a third gen cruise control steering wheel and going to buy an AISIN window regulator I stashed today. I love recycling.
Old 06-28-2013, 02:41 PM

Originally Posted by cheez
Just read a little bit of this, great thread. Whenever I go to the yard I tell my girlfriend I'm going "Shopping." We have a great local yard and some friends and I have fixed and upgraded my pickup, 2 range rovers, a subaru legacy and an Audi wagon all...or mostly, on junkyard parts. Things like light bulbs, trim pieces, hardware and such are most of what I get but we've gotten some killer deals as well. I once caught a guy removing and scrapping a subaru limited from the yard, asked if i could pick it for a minute before they crushed it, and got a leather steering wheel, leather shifter, wood accents all around, and a double din radio/cd player for 20 bucks.

Today I pulled the fittings from 22re intake manifolds to make my diff breathers (haven't checked for fit yet and got a new heater control valve as well. i also got a working brake light bulb and grabbed a few dome light bulbs from FZJ80s which are 10w as opposed to the 5w bulbs in my 2nd gen pickup. last week I got 2 stock black shift knobs for 5 bucks. After pay day I'm hunting for a third gen cruise control steering wheel and going to buy an AISIN window regulator I stashed today. I love recycling.
saw a third gen in palestine tx, i left the seats their they would fit my 89 pickup but found some other that identical in the other 3rd gen 4 runner there.. both had cruise control everything still their..neither had any MAF/VAF unfortunately for those wondering but both had throttle bodies complete there. i took the seats that adjusted the sides and the bottom freakin sweet.. i basically got the bucket seats with adjustable bucket side and up and down bottom, also got steering gear and power steering pump, cup holder that had good tabs(otherwise cans fall right thru lol) a clock for that blank spot, ignitor coil, cold start injector, double on/off light(instaed of the single one that i had) two oh ˟˟˟˟˟ handles, and center console and ashtray with clips and bracket all for a sum total of $140. and who knows if I go back for more... anything I should keep an eye out for???

Last edited by Scrussanation; 06-28-2013 at 02:44 PM.
Old 06-28-2013, 06:44 PM

Originally Posted by Scrussanation
saw a third gen in palestine tx, i left the seats their they would fit my 89 pickup but found some other that identical in the other 3rd gen 4 runner there.. both had cruise control everything still their..neither had any MAF/VAF unfortunately for those wondering but both had throttle bodies complete there. i took the seats that adjusted the sides and the bottom freakin sweet.. i basically got the bucket seats with adjustable bucket side and up and down bottom, also got steering gear and power steering pump, cup holder that had good tabs(otherwise cans fall right thru lol) a clock for that blank spot, ignitor coil, cold start injector, double on/off light(instaed of the single one that i had) two oh ˟˟˟˟˟ handles, and center console and ashtray with clips and bracket all for a sum total of $140. and who knows if I go back for more... anything I should keep an eye out for???
where's the pics...
Old 06-28-2013, 07:39 PM

Originally Posted by JohnnyCanuck
where's the pics...
Old 06-28-2013, 08:10 PM

nice seats. 3" body lift..why?
Old 06-28-2013, 08:26 PM

Originally Posted by JohnnyCanuck
nice seats. 3" body lift..why?
came on the truck, idk why lol, had 39.5 super swampers on their lol went down to 35 buckshots... dont believe it had a 4wd/manual tranny as the cuts underneath dont look clean enough for factory unless they dont usually cut straight
Old 06-29-2013, 09:44 AM

Originally Posted by Scrussanation
came on the truck, idk why lol, had 39.5 super swampers on their lol went down to 35 buckshots... dont believe it had a 4wd/manual tranny as the cuts underneath dont look clean enough for factory unless they dont usually cut straight
Sure wish we had a pick & pull here, at least I have a parts truck.

Quick Reply: Best Junkyard Mods