Notices
86-95 Trucks & 4Runners 2nd/3rd gen pickups, and 1st/2nd gen 4Runners with IFS

Bad news

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2009, 08:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
what would really tick him off to swap motors and trans and xcase into my yota!!!
Old 02-16-2009, 08:27 PM

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
Originally Posted by algranger
Everyone has their own deal... ultimatley if he lives at home, his dad can decide what he parks there
I know I intentional didn't say more. I can't say much I was kicked out of home and the foreign country we lived in in one swoop at 18. I lived w/ grandparents and by 19 (report date was day after birthday) was wearing Army green.

Originally Posted by dewiseman
Don't try to decieve your dad!!! I'm an old guy so maybe I have a little different perspective. I don't personally know of to many other teenagers out there whose dad bought them a really nice vehicle. Especially an eighty-five hundred dollar truck. So thank the hell out of your dad and sell the toyota. When your out on your own, then do like iamsuperbleeder said. Get yourself another yota build it to the max and use the ford to trailer it to the trails. My $.02 worth Good luck.
Yeah be on the up 'n up. You live in his house, he pays your bills, your vehicle, insurance, and whatever else. Just pray he doesn't decide you need to wear a tutu. Hope your doing the college thing or on a fast track type job. Life is not easy but sounds like you got a sweet deal so maybe I'm jealous, wait no I'm not. Good luck
Old 02-16-2009, 08:29 PM

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
Originally Posted by fireman1559
i agree with you and iamsuperbleeder its that fact that i paid for my yota and i dont want to sell my own truck cause he topped what i already had it sucks
Then too easy, get the fishsticks out of his house.
Old 02-16-2009, 08:36 PM
SR5

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
ya i know how you feel, i just rolled my yota and my dad is giving me hella crap for it, says he tired of looking at it too.
Old 02-16-2009, 08:36 PM

cant i dont have a place to move to the nearest aparments are about an hour from where i work and the cheapest house near me is in the 200s cant afford to and im not going to jump out at any chance i want to have the money to move out
Old 02-16-2009, 08:37 PM

SR5 it sucks dont it ive heard that he didnt like it for about a week now
Old 02-16-2009, 08:38 PM

So, you and your Toyota are about the same age. I'm a touch older, probably older than your father. Like some other older people, I probably see it a little differently from the way you see it.

Sounds to me like your father is probably concerned and is trying to do something that he perceives to be in your benefit. Nobody that doesn't know you guys can really assess how things are between you two, but it looks from here like he's making an effort. I think you ought to meet him half way. Sell your truck and use the money to keep your Ford in gas and your girl in your Ford. In a couple years when you're on your own you can get another old Toyota, a trailer, and some olive drab spray paint and have a ball, there's lots of time. There's also lots of old Toyotas, and they'll still be there in a couple years, but you don't have lots of good dads.

Hope this all works out for you. Be careful in that Ford,
Old 02-16-2009, 08:43 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Go live in your Yota.
Old 02-16-2009, 08:46 PM

im gunna miss the gasmileage i have already had to fill this hoss up once tonite good lord its gonna be the end of me
Old 02-16-2009, 09:06 PM

Dude that sucks hard core park the yota at a buddies house
Old 02-16-2009, 09:11 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by toyota4x4907
Go live in your Yota.
I was thinkin the same thing the weather is gonna start getting nice and you can go to a camp ground and use the facilities for a couple bucks a day 5-7bucks a day feeds ya at Mc D's or B k showin your olman that your your own man priceless.
Old 02-16-2009, 10:12 PM

8500. that truck isnt worth that much even up here in canada. and the truck doesnt have a solid axle. whats the point of a fullsize without good axles. ur dad should had went with a solid axle ford.
Old 02-16-2009, 10:28 PM

its what he wanted free truck for me
Old 02-17-2009, 10:01 AM

some of teh older and wiser folks on here have made good points tellin you to sell it and buy another one sometime down the road but still... come on now. i dont know how everyone else is but the yota i have now is my first one. ive had tons of people try to buy it off me. i had a man offer me 4500 bucks for it and i paid 2300. but i have pu tmoney in it to. but i couldnt take it. everyone told me i was crazy. but theres just soemthin about your first yota. that is a nice ford tho. but its not your yota and you know you will never be satisfied with it
Old 02-17-2009, 10:10 AM

its simple he wants you to have a ford so when it keeps breaking you will learn everything about fords and can fix his

my father is the same way when i bought my truck he wasn't thrilled and thought i would be dumping money in it and would run my account down to zero yet they bought my mom a new Nissan and now the only vehicle to go in the shop is hers and is costing a ton of money. And now that my brother has his license hes buying a 94 toyota pickup and is pumped my dads dream of the chevy family is slowly going to a toyota family

but really sucks you have to give up your truck
Old 02-17-2009, 10:28 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I have two points for you, and I'm a younger guy myself.

1) Be grateful for what your dad has given you, even if he gave it to you with bad intentions or to keep control over you.

2) Move out. Even if you have to drive an hour to work. Your dad doesn't respect you and you will gain his respect if you blaze a trail for yourself.

In the meantime, sell your Yota and enjoy the truck. This is probably blasphemy to say on this forum, but they are just vehicles, after all. Then plan your exit strategy from home, move out, and buy another Yota. And be sure to put it in YOUR name.

Establishing yourself can be a bit difficult at first, but ultimately if you do it right, once that umbilical cord is severed, you will gain the respect of your parents and have a stronger relationship with them.

Just my .02.
Old 02-17-2009, 10:32 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It's a nice truck & I would be happy to have it.

What exactly is wrong with the Toyota though? Is it a piece of junk or does he simply just not like it because it's a Toyota?

Do you get to keep the cash if you sell it? If so then I would be pretty happy.

He seems to be very hardcore about things, He is no doubt the alpha male so maybe it's best to go along with things, drive your nice new Ford & when you decide to move out you may do as you wish. Seems like a good idea to me anyways.

There are guys that are so hardcore when it comes to their Ford's, Chevy's, Dodges & yes even Toyota's too! Just how we are sometimes. It's a guy & truck thing.
Old 02-17-2009, 10:34 AM
Contributing Member

Perfect example of brand loyalty and ignorance.
Old 02-17-2009, 10:46 AM

Originally Posted by turborich
It's a nice truck & I would be happy to have it.

What exactly is wrong with the Toyota though? Is it a piece of junk or does he simply just not like it because it's a Toyota?

Do you get to keep the cash if you sell it? If so then I would be pretty happy.

He seems to be very hardcore about things, He is no doubt the alpha male so maybe it's best to go along with things, drive your nice new Ford & when you decide to move out you may do as you wish. Seems like a good idea to me anyways.

There are guys that are so hardcore when it comes to their Ford's, Chevy's, Dodges & yes even Toyota's too! Just how we are sometimes. It's a guy & truck thing.
nothing is wrong ith my yota i just like to tinker with it learn as much as i can by tinkering and messin with the motor and he hates to see his driveway covered in my tools,oil, and grease(dont balme him for that) i do get to keep the money when i sell my yota i bought it i wont let him touch the money part of the sell all he needs to do is sign the title to someone else
Old 02-17-2009, 11:02 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sell it to someone you trust, and arrange to buy it back once you move out. I have to agree with a previous poster that your first yota will always be your first love. Don't let it get too far out of sight. In the meanwhile, show your dad what a 20 year old ford looks like as opposed to a 20 year old toyota.

Quick Reply: Bad news