Notices
86-95 Trucks & 4Runners 2nd/3rd gen pickups, and 1st/2nd gen 4Runners with IFS

94 3.0 runner limited build.

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2017, 05:57 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by OilTrash
Apparently my kids repeatedly playing with the sun roof switch long enough fixed it lol

haha I love how the kids always use the old 4runners as a play ground!
Old 05-04-2017, 08:08 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The waiting game.

So I sat down with my wife and my legal pad and sold her on my proposal.
Here is the plan for now.
Continue work on the 94 auto I have keeping everything stock and pretty. I'll be keeping my eye out for a 92-95 manual 3.0 4Runner and a 3.4 donor. The 92-95 manual will be the simplest 3.4 swap, almost all parts will interchange with the 94 and I like the selection and affordability of trail proven aftermarket parts out there for this generation. The 94 auto will become the wife's truck since she's always wanted one and the 92-95 3.4 will become the SAS build truck I've been thinking about doing for years. Biggest down side is I agreed to sell part of my gun collection. Up side is my wife and I both end up with trail rigs so we can go wheeling with 3 kids and extra family. And the waiting game begins.
Old 05-07-2017, 03:20 PM

Disassembling and cleaning things while I watch CL like a hawk for an engine hoist. I'm kicking myself big time for selling my one I picked up in ND. I'm realizing my wife and I have very different views on what's necessary for a wheeling rig. She spent all weekend in Orlando at a chiropractic conference and came home with pictures of a 2nd gen with SAS, custom bumpers and roof rack, all the lights, cut fenders and a bright metallic purple paint job that has never seen anything but the beach and said she wanted that. I laughed and told her she better get one heck of a raise or learn to drive stick. I also found a guy that has his own private Toyota bone yard here in town.
Old 05-12-2017, 07:35 AM

ATR timeline

Wife and I had a heart to heart about timeline. She agrees we need to have at least one completed truck for the Appellation Toyota roundup Labor Day weekend. So I'm grudgingly parting ways with my 3gun set up. 😰 I tried to find a way around it but a trail rig will get used way more than these will. Of course she is making some sacrifices as well but letting go of my babies is tough.
Old 05-12-2017, 01:58 PM

Looking forward to the build