YotaTech Milestone-Two Millionth Post

Received 122 Likes on 57 Posts
Originally Posted by xxxtreme22r
the oil tube for the dipstick? mine fell out on its own lmao
no........

the oil pick-up in the pan.....
Old 11-25-2009, 09:59 AM

Received 69 Likes on 48 Posts
the bolts for the tube in the pan are pretty tight. I think they may have been locktited from the factory. I would get your self if you dont have already, a 6 pt socket for them, i believe they are 12mm. They are somewhat hard to reach to get good torque on the ratchet, but I did manage to get mine off with a breaker bar and a 6pt socket. I might have had to use a short extension too can't remember.
Old 11-25-2009, 10:15 AM

Originally Posted by xxxtreme22r
the bolts for the tube in the pan are pretty tight. I think they may have been locktited from the factory. I would get your self if you dont have already, a 6 pt socket for them, i believe they are 12mm. They are somewhat hard to reach to get good torque on the ratchet, but I did manage to get mine off with a breaker bar and a 6pt socket. I might have had to use a short extension too can't remember.
K-tanx............
Old 11-25-2009, 12:30 PM

Running to SEARS to get jack-stands.

Trying to stay away from the bad vibes I'm feeling on YOTATECH today........spooky stuff......

Oh yeah, and goin' to get me some fixin's for tomorrow's feast.
Old 11-25-2009, 06:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vietnam 1971 Firebase near Qua Tran

My father has a very deep rooted hate for spiders. I would watch him beat the hell out of them. I asked him what was the deal? In Vietnam after a good rain the spiders (thousands of them) would come out of the jungle and crawl over EVERYTHING. He said he probably killed thousands of them..

Originally Posted by 92 TOY
Now.

Again, since this is MY THREAD, I will take the liberty of throwing in, yet again, another picture that has nothing to do with my truck. OK, well it WAS in the garage, so maybe that counts.

We all have things we are paralyzed with fear by and would rather not encounter.......for me it's that guy from the mortgage company that called every other day for about 3 months a year ago (took care of that little problem) AND SPIDERS.

I hate spiders. I REALLY friggin' hate spiders. So why on earth do i keep finding them? I'll tell you why......because I moved from the city (yes we had spiders) and built a big house in the woods far,far away..........

True story......2 years ago after working a 16hr shift, i was unwinding my usual way after being wound up working in an ER for 16+ hours........having a beer and a smoke, when i was in the grage, i thought i saw a mouse.........long story short, it was a humungous G-D spider......about 3 inches worth, I captured it, photgraphed the hell out of it, made a picture presentation with my son about it and then "discarded it". that one was called a "carolina wolf spider"......in the past 2 years i've encountered 4 more, none quite as large as that one and hopeully never ever again will i see one THAT large.

But, last night, while having a smoke outside, i saw this one........not very big, only about and inch or 1 1/2'' long at most, but one of the craziest looking things i've ever seen......pictures don't do it justice, it was chrome silver with the colored bands.......it's remains can be found on the bottom of my shoe. this one is called a banded garden spider. No i'm not a bug expert, but i don't accept "i don't know" as a final answer and i don't provide that either as my final answer. so myself and my sons researched until we found our answer. anyway.....here's a picture of it. i will find one of that other spider too......maybe. they must know i hate them and that is why they annoy me on purpose.

Boy I wish i had something to do, you know you are bored when you are posting pictures of spiders. Wish it was payday and i could buy a breaker bar.

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 11-26-2009, 02:23 AM

Originally Posted by blk63vette
my father has a very deep rooted hate for spiders. I would watch him beat the hell out of them. I asked him what was the deal? In vietnam after a good rain the spiders (thousands of them) would come out of the jungle and crawl over everything. He said he probably killed thousands of them..

yuck!!!!
Old 11-26-2009, 03:28 AM

bought the jack-stands from SEARS last night...hi-lift (up to 21") 3 ton for $25....stopped into Pep-Boys on the way home....similar for $42....so , I acually made out on this one.......

Happy Thanksgiving Everybody!!!!!!!!
Old 11-26-2009, 06:17 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Happy Thanksgiving to you and all yotatechers.
Be safe and good luck.
I like PB Blaster for my unbolting.
Old 11-26-2009, 07:16 AM

Originally Posted by phildelfino
Happy Thanksgiving to you and all yotatechers.
Be safe and good luck.
I like PB Blaster for my unbolting.
Happy Thanksgiving to you too.

Yeah...PB Blaster has been awesome so far, but the corrosion is wicked bad....those 4 bolts didn't stand a chance....but the 2 inside the suspension (A-arms???) hopefully can be unthreaded......we will see.
Old 11-26-2009, 07:41 AM

feel better now that it's on something more substantial.....still let the toothpicks under the front too.....

Old 11-26-2009, 07:43 AM

insert comedy routine here....._____________________________.....hahahah haah(for the picture)

But seriously I'm cooking this year, wife is at work, family coming out here to feast, I'm in charge of mashed potatos and turkey..........

Old 11-26-2009, 08:00 AM

Have you ever tried deep-fried turkey? We do it every year for our Thanksgiving (it's in October in Canada) and it's easily the best-tasting and turkey ever. It's easy to do without getting burned by napalmy frying oil.
Old 11-26-2009, 08:08 AM

No...but that's funny you talk about it....I was talking the other day about how somebody took one of those deep-fryers and put water and simple green in it to clean parts....

my wife has used thoseoven bags before with great results....we will see......
Old 11-26-2009, 11:58 AM

hey, how are ya?

No the guides are in there......looks like I must have been dripping a VERY small amount of oil for a long time judging by the mess I'm seeing under the engine.....mostly I think it was te seal at the bottom of the the Timing cover at the pan that was leaking.

Anyway, what I got done today is the last I'm doing until saturday.......having Turkey day here, so have to HELP straighten up the house for family to come......maybe if i get a chance I will continue to work on that swaybar disaster tomorrow.
my broken guide chunks are in there too. . . .and have been for 5 years and ~50,000 miles since i last did my timing chain. haha
Old 11-26-2009, 12:26 PM

Originally Posted by ayoung101
my broken guide chunks are in there too. . . .and have been for 5 years and ~50,000 miles since i last did my timing chain. haha

You, my boy, are blessed!
Old 11-27-2009, 04:51 PM

HIYA.

Just posting this link to my son's thread. https://www.yotatech.com/f191/8t8-4r...thread-197690/ We created a profie for him yesterday...he's just as hooked on YOTATECH....but mostly he wants to post about his truck....you guys will be able to see some of the stuff we did to it.

OK. Nothing else new. BYE.
Old 11-28-2009, 06:32 PM

You, my boy, are blessed!
yes, yes i am! and for many more reasons beyond that too!
Old 12-01-2009, 04:17 AM

So, what do you have planned for December? Getting the pan off finally? Conscripting the kids once they got on Christmas Break so you can supervise them working on your engine (aka watch and drink beer)?

How'd the turkey turn out?
Old 12-02-2009, 02:54 AM

Turkey was very good thanks. Apparently idiot-proof doing them in those oven bags. Was a nice time, had lots of leftovers.

Christmas lights to hang, decorations etc etc, going to try to pencil in some time to work on it. I wish I had the time and money to just finish this already, but each of those are in extremely short supply. wah wah wah on my part.

My son gets on my butt about doing this too, because when mine is done, we can sell the car and get some $$$$ to do his.

Quick Reply: 92 TOY's 22re / crapped out / gotta start somewhere / thread