Notices
86-95 Trucks & 4Runners 2nd/3rd gen pickups, and 1st/2nd gen 4Runners with IFS

92 TOY's 22re / crapped out / gotta start somewhere / thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2010, 01:14 PM
YotaTech Milestone-Two Millionth Post

Received 122 Likes on 57 Posts
Originally Posted by ChefYota4x4
My friend had his Durango Mt's for 60K, still looked OK at that time. Good price, buddy! Merry Christmas ON THAT ONE, eh???? lol. Bout half what they cost I believe.

When you mounting them, J-Loc? lol.
thanks again Mark.

OK...look again......drove to Allentown to pick up the other Craigslist finds......5 steel wheels and a 1st gen 4runner Smittybilt rear bumper....from a fellow YOTATECH member Jason ...gotta search his screen name (droptmazda or something like that).......drove the truck for almost 5 hours today.....booo and yaaay at the same time.
Old 12-16-2010, 06:11 AM

Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts
Damn man found some sweet deals there!!!

Old 12-16-2010, 09:15 AM

Originally Posted by Lumpy
Damn man found some sweet deals there!!!

Last edited by 92 TOY; 12-16-2010 at 09:16 AM.
Old 12-17-2010, 06:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 92 TOY
thanks again Mark.

OK...look again......drove to Allentown to pick up the other Craigslist finds......5 steel wheels and a 1st gen 4runner Smittybilt rear bumper....from a fellow YOTATECH member Jason ...gotta search his screen name (droptmazda or something like that).......drove the truck for almost 5 hours today.....booo and yaaay at the same time.

ha close, its drpdmazda. it was good to meet another yotatecher that is somewhat close. also glad your kid was happy with the bumper.
Old 12-18-2010, 01:51 AM

Originally Posted by drpdmazda
ha close, its drpdmazda. it was good to meet another yotatecher that is somewhat close. also glad your kid was happy with the bumper.

thanks man.....get that gas leak figured out?
Old 12-18-2010, 04:38 PM

thanks man.....get that gas leak figured out?
sorta but not really ha ha. i blew low pressure air through all of the lines and didnt seem to have any clogs, at least not anything that was a noticeable clog. ran all new lines anyway since i had them all off. so far the evap canister is not leaking anymore but i have yet to drive it enough to see if that fixed my crappy mileage problem. either it REALLY fixed my mileage or the float is now bad as well. i have 45 miles into a fresh filled tank and the needle has barely moved down. by now i would be a quarter tank low. thats where i am at as of now. we will see what the next days off and some more internet searches bring.
Old 12-18-2010, 04:55 PM

sorta but not really ha ha. i blew low pressure air through all of the lines and didnt seem to have any clogs, at least not anything that was a noticeable clog. ran all new lines anyway since i had them all off. so far the evap canister is not leaking anymore but i have yet to drive it enough to see if that fixed my crappy mileage problem. either it REALLY fixed my mileage or the float is now bad as well. i have 45 miles into a fresh filled tank and the needle has barely moved down. by now i would be a quarter tank low. thats where i am at as of now. we will see what the next days off and some more internet searches bring.

like i said, good luck with that. i have no clue.......but i'm sure alot of the others on here do.
Old 12-23-2010, 02:45 PM

small update......Joe and I got the itch today to paint......so we cleaned and painted the wheels. still debating if I'm gonna put the new(er) tires on them or switch Joe's tires onto here off the SR5 rims.....we will see.

Old 12-23-2010, 02:48 PM

OOPs...."what wheels?" you say?.........the ones I got from fellow member mentioned above.

no clue why I didn't post a pic.

so here's a pic of last week's grab.

and....today's pic again

Old 12-23-2010, 03:34 PM

the wheels are looking nice, alot better than when they were sitting in my garage ha ha. its amazing what a little time and a rattle can of paint can do. looking good
Old 12-23-2010, 03:39 PM

the wheels are looking nice, alot better than when they were sitting in my garage ha ha. its amazing what a little time and a rattle can of paint can do. looking good

thanks man.
was hoping you would see that.
scrubbed them with oven cleaner, then primer then gloss black.
they look awesome now.
kinda wanting to mount up the new tires....possibly and probably on my other black rims, or these....not sure, gonna have to think it over.

that bumper is gonna take some heavy duty prep work.....but couldn't beat the price.
Old 12-23-2010, 04:31 PM

Received 69 Likes on 48 Posts
They look good, same paint as my skid plate? Which I still haven't put on yet. lol.
Old 12-23-2010, 04:45 PM

Originally Posted by xxxtreme22r
They look good, same paint as my skid plate? Which I still haven't put on yet. lol.
yup...went to Advance Auto to get the paint today.
gonna probably put on a few more coats and the spray with clear like your plate.
Old 12-23-2010, 05:06 PM
Contributing Member

Received 188 Likes on 131 Posts
Nice Jerry & Joe!!
Old 12-23-2010, 05:14 PM

tanx bud....kinda thinking Joe's 4runner with black and black and black with just little bit of chrome here and there oughta look badass
Old 12-23-2010, 05:22 PM

thanks man.
was hoping you would see that.
scrubbed them with oven cleaner, then primer then gloss black.
they look awesome now.
kinda wanting to mount up the new tires....possibly and probably on my other black rims, or these....not sure, gonna have to think it over.

that bumper is gonna take some heavy duty prep work.....but couldn't beat the price.
they definately look awesome. the kids gonna have one sweet looking runner when its all done. skip the chrome and make everything black. did you ever figure out if you needed any other parts for the runner? i may end up buying that one up the road from my house i told you about, just waiting to hear back from the guy about it.
Old 12-23-2010, 05:39 PM

they definately look awesome. the kids gonna have one sweet looking runner when its all done. skip the chrome and make everything black. did you ever figure out if you needed any other parts for the runner? i may end up buying that one up the road from my house i told you about, just waiting to hear back from the guy about it.
everything on his IS black already.....I just meant chrome lugs and centersand his chrome fender moldings and windshield trim.....otherwise he's all blacked-out.....the previous owner already did the bumpers....we will see if i'm gonna put that smittybilt on it or not.

definitely need a passenger's side fender.....keep your eyes peeled....88 4runner......let me know
Old 12-23-2010, 05:44 PM

everything on his IS black already.....I just meant chrome lugs and centersand his chrome fender moldings and windshield trim.....otherwise he's all blacked-out.....the previous owner already did the bumpers....we will see if i'm gonna put that smittybilt on it or not.

definitely need a passenger's side fender.....keep your eyes peeled....88 4runner......let me know
i have two fenders, take your pick. how far are you from tamaqua? my parents live up that way and i am up there at least 2 times a month, if thats closer i could bring them with me next time and you can check them out. even if you dont put the smittybilt on you can probably make some money off it at the scrap yard, thats a heavy S.O.B. haha
Old 12-23-2010, 05:46 PM

i have two fenders, take your pick. how far are you from tamaqua? my parents live up that way and i am up there at least 2 times a month, if thats closer i could bring them with me next time and you can check them out. even if you dont put the smittybilt on you can probably make some money off it at the scrap yard, thats a heavy S.O.B. haha
my brother-in-law is a guidance counselor at the high school there......probably about 50 minutes away for me.......you could PM me a pic and a price
Old 12-23-2010, 06:33 PM

my brother-in-law is a guidance counselor at the high school there......probably about 50 minutes away for me.......you could PM me a pic and a price
i will get some pics later this week when i get out to the garage again.

Quick Reply: 92 TOY's 22re / crapped out / gotta start somewhere / thread