Notices
86-95 Trucks & 4Runners 2nd/3rd gen pickups, and 1st/2nd gen 4Runners with IFS

92 TOY's 22re / crapped out / gotta start somewhere / thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2010, 10:49 AM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
I wish this thread wasn't 124 pages long. I could use another good rebuild thread read.
Old 05-31-2010, 10:57 AM

Received 69 Likes on 48 Posts
Originally Posted by bend
I wish this thread wasn't 124 pages long. I could use another good rebuild thread read.

he has "consolidated" it down here:

https://www.yotatech.com/forums/f116...cement-212688/
Old 05-31-2010, 11:12 AM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by xxxtreme22r
he has "consolidated" it down here:

https://www.yotatech.com/forums/f116...cement-212688/
Noice
Old 05-31-2010, 11:52 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Just an FYI for you 92 Toy: the total cost of parts for my "parking brake cable replacement" has just broken the $1k mark as of Saturday (mind you, I think parts are more expensive in soviet canuckistan, I've been paying just under double what toyotapartszone wants for this stuff). Don't let your's snowball like mine has, maintain those rear brakes! I just ordered the last of the parts for a whopping total of $470, and that was just for the adjusters, backing plates, and levers and a few minor bits and pieces.

I really enjoy how all the RH side parts are in Mississauga (just outside Toronto) but all the LH side parts are in California. I have to wait a week and a half before they come in, and by then my locker and drums should be in, and I'll be able to finish up my axle thread.
Old 05-31-2010, 01:29 PM

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
Hopefully yes on Thursday, but I don't like rain and getting wet, hmmmmm did someone say gremlins?

hahaha, ...man, I miss those days.(when that movie came out, I mean, lol). I had a 66GT/K Mustang(good ol basic combustion), gas at Darrens(102 Leaded) was 90Cents a Gallon, and I just, well, FELT SO INDESTRUCTIBLE! hahaha.
Old 06-03-2010, 02:54 AM
YotaTech Milestone-Two Millionth Post

Received 122 Likes on 57 Posts
testing the links....nevermind

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YsbU1mqk_Mg
Old 06-03-2010, 03:00 AM

so today , we (xxxtreme22r and myself) are going to un-stick my stuck parking brake....luckily stuck disengaged.

this, as per the guy at the garage, was the only thing holding me (no pun) from getting an inspection sticker.

sooooooo....truck is up on jack stands again...drums are off.

on a side note......got my CB yesterday...from EBAY "never used" and as per the condition of the wires, it wasn't, but my quick wiring job for it yielded no results....the unit did not turn on....i know it's a good power feed because it's the one for my stereo and after hoking onto it the stereo still worked...i thought i had a good ground as it was a bolt directly to the body........i will disconnect and hook directly to the battery to see if it was my wiring job or the unit itself that is no good......
Old 06-03-2010, 04:01 AM

OK...panic over as far as the CB goes....yanked the wires...touched directly to the battery and it worked.....so then i hooked back up to the power wire inside and good ground where stuff is ground to above the fuse panel and NO WORKY....so then i says......maybe the power wire is NOT to my stereo so i took it's in-line fuse out and there it was.....so i was trying to hook onto a failed wire....so i just hooked on before that in-line (keeping the in-line fuse that the CB wire has) and there ya have it.

and no, i have not keyed up the mic yet since i don't have an antenna yet.....i was advised i would mess up the internals if i did that.

Bottom line....CB works.

now....just have to work on those brakes
Old 06-03-2010, 05:16 AM

Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts
Good deal on the CB man...Glad you got that working, you'll like to have it when we hit Rousch.

Well I'm sure between you and xxxtreme you'll get her movin and stopping again.
Old 06-03-2010, 06:14 AM

Originally Posted by Lumpy
Good deal on the CB man...Glad you got that working, you'll like to have it when we hit Rousch.

Well I'm sure between you and xxxtreme you'll get her movin and stopping again.

thanks...

when i was messing around...it looks like this....have to get the brakes off to access the bolts that hold the BELL CRANK in order to get that out. i am hoping that once we get the bell cranks off we can clean them off enough, lube them up and put it all back together and get this g-d thing inspected.
Old 06-03-2010, 06:27 AM

I just woke up !!!!!! Running late and I HAVE to pick up some belts for the truck, I got caught with my pants down on the way home this morning from work lol. I WILL be there though.
Old 06-03-2010, 06:37 AM

I just woke up !!!!!! Running late and I HAVE to pick up some belts for the truck, I got caught with my pants down on the way home this morning from work lol. I WILL be there though.

i'm not going anywhere....

you use truck belts to hold up your pants???
Old 06-03-2010, 06:47 AM

I got to wait about an hour for CeeKay to get my belt in from the warehouse. Only they and autozone have the GoodYear Gaterbacks. I aint getting anymore cheap belts, my truck is getting fat, so she's going on a diet. hahaha
Old 06-03-2010, 06:52 AM

take your time....the wife has a list of things she wanted me to do....you were my alibi....but i guess i should try doing the honey-do list first
Old 06-03-2010, 08:36 AM

Originally Posted by 92 TOY
testing the links....nevermind

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YsbU1mqk_Mg
Wooo hooooooo! Still gives me a chill running up my leg...Wait, that's Chris Matthews, the TOOL! Hmmm, ok, how about "SWEEEEEEEET!" lol

so today , we (xxxtreme22r and myself) are going to un-stick my stuck parking brake....luckily stuck disengaged.

this, as per the guy at the garage, was the only thing holding me (no pun) from getting an inspection sticker.

sooooooo....truck is up on jack stands again...drums are off.

on a side note......got my CB yesterday...from EBAY "never used" and as per the condition of the wires, it wasn't, but my quick wiring job for it yielded no results....the unit did not turn on....i know it's a good power feed because it's the one for my stereo and after hoking onto it the stereo still worked...i thought i had a good ground as it was a bolt directly to the body........i will disconnect and hook directly to the battery to see if it was my wiring job or the unit itself that is no good......
OK...panic over as far as the CB goes....yanked the wires...touched directly to the battery and it worked.....so then i hooked back up to the power wire inside and good ground where stuff is ground to above the fuse panel and NO WORKY....so then i says......maybe the power wire is NOT to my stereo so i took it's in-line fuse out and there it was.....so i was trying to hook onto a failed wire....so i just hooked on before that in-line (keeping the in-line fuse that the CB wire has) and there ya have it.

and no, i have not keyed up the mic yet since i don't have an antenna yet.....i was advised i would mess up the internals if i did that.

Bottom line....CB works.

now....just have to work on those brakes
thanks...

when i was messing around...it looks like this....have to get the brakes off to access the bolts that hold the BELL CRANK in order to get that out. i am hoping that once we get the bell cranks off we can clean them off enough, lube them up and put it all back together and get this g-d thing inspected.
take your time....the wife has a list of things she wanted me to do....you were my alibi....but i guess i should try doing the honey-do list first
HAHAHAHA. Hey, sounds like she's keeping you in line, eh? lol

On the rest of this^^^ YEEEEEEEEEHAWWWWWWWW! Can't wait to see that 'PASS', bro! I'm pulling for you guys. I sure wish I could go to Rauch with you! Btw, that whole Gator back Levi suspension thing is NOTHING compared to that woman on Youtube, at Walmart, who turned her husbands tighty whitey's into a Tank Top! hahahahaha
Old 06-03-2010, 08:48 AM

ok???

but...got the passenger's side crank bell freed up...and it engages.....so...just waiting on help to arrive **ahem** and tackle the driver's side. i'm going to have us start with the stuck one....if that is easy enough to do, then we will tweak the passenger's side one so they both will be perfect.
Old 06-03-2010, 12:43 PM

Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts
Alright, it's almost 5 whats the word???
Old 06-03-2010, 01:13 PM

the deed is done.

too late to try to get it inspected though...so will go tomorrow morning.

before XXXTREME22R arrived i had loosened-up the bell crank enough to easily move it by hand as it should on the passenger's side. the 2 of us spent the remainder of the time arguing with the driver's side......neat tool a UNIVERSAL socket....gotta get one...was able to reach those conveniently 2 tucked bolts holding the bell crank on.

beatings were initiated trying to get the damn thing to bend at it's joint ... it's mostly tougher than it looks....then after we got what appeared to be a fraction of movement it was temporarily re-attached to use the mount itself as leverage.......this was the key.....a hit with the hammer back and forth and about a quart of PB Blaster later it was loose and very much almost perfect.

also there is a portion where the cable from the pull handle meets with the 2 cables...this is supposed to pivot, mine was not...i disassembled it, cleaned it up and vaselined the crap out of it.

all parts assembled and smothered in vaseline.

so i should be in good shape for tomorrow...no pics...sorry....it's a PITA to do, but it can be done.

thanks again XXXTREME22R!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by 92 TOY; 06-03-2010 at 01:14 PM.
Old 06-03-2010, 01:16 PM

DANG, THAT XXXTREME NEEDS TO MOVE TO PALOS VERDES, CALIFORNIA......what he would do is, drive the 10 to the 405 Frwy....HAHAHAHA, JK.

RIGHT ON, JERRY! Very happy for you! Can't wait to figure mine out. Maybe I'll figure it out in the next couple days, but for now, I CAN LIVE VICARIOUSLY THROUGH YOU, ...."VICTORY, VICTORY!" hahaha.
Old 06-03-2010, 01:17 PM

Ok, enough celebrating, when you coming over here to fix mine? HAHAHA.

Quick Reply: 92 TOY's 22re / crapped out / gotta start somewhere / thread