Notices
86-95 Trucks & 4Runners 2nd/3rd gen pickups, and 1st/2nd gen 4Runners with IFS

92 TOY's 22re / crapped out / gotta start somewhere / thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2010, 05:27 AM

Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts
Well I can agree with the consensus here and going with witchHunter I can also see you wanting to get her running. Not saying what I did was right and I think I got lucky...When I did mine I just cleaned them up and stuck them back in. The tops of 2 of the lil caps with the holes in them were chipped other than that they were alright. If I recall correctly the rebuild kit comes with the O-rings for the bottoms of the injectors. The gasket kit you found on ebay would not hurt...
Old 05-11-2010, 05:46 AM
YotaTech Milestone-Two Millionth Post

Received 122 Likes on 57 Posts
yeh... i really did not give those injectors their due-dilligence ...and with that i have essentially brought myself to a halt.

i wanted, so bad, to be driving this thing this weekend.

i will contact witch hunter and see what i need to buy......almost looked like Big Blue Pile got them complete....so i will just contact them and see what i need to do.

in retrospect, taking the EFI down to this point would not be a daunting task, but unnecessary to button it up and take it apart again.

curses!
Old 05-11-2010, 05:49 AM

Received 84 Likes on 56 Posts
haha thats where I'm at..I don't want to touch my 22RE for a LONG time after this lol....well aside from routine maintenance and when I get lonely, of course
Old 05-11-2010, 05:50 AM

Originally Posted by PismoJoe
haha thats where I'm at..I don't want to touch my 22RE for a LONG time after this lol....well aside from routine maintenance and when I get lonely, of course

hahahahaha......

doing oil changes seems like child's play now.
Old 05-11-2010, 05:55 AM

I do think it's in your best interest to do it... You'll kick yourself if you don't. "We" probably should have suggested this to you a while back... But sometimes I dumb.
Old 05-11-2010, 06:10 AM

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by Lumpy
I do think it's in your best interest to do it... You'll kick yourself if you don't. "We" probably should have suggested this to you a while back... But sometimes I dumb.
x2, sorry it never came up. Do you have access to an ultra sonic cleaner? While you cannot flow test them yourself, you can give them a good cleaning.
Old 05-11-2010, 07:05 AM

Originally Posted by yotarob2005
x2, sorry it never came up. Do you have access to an ultra sonic cleaner? While you cannot flow test them yourself, you can give them a good cleaning.

no i don't have access.

no really, i did enough reading and saw witch hunter come up about as many times as engnbldr....and i had been on the site and even printed off the form you are to include with the injectors......just that, like i said, it ran very well, so it wasn't until i actually was putting the injectors back in, that i got the sinking feeling about the rubber parts.....are they seals, bushings, grommets or end caps....or yes to all....i've seen them listed as all of the above.

i'm just looking for a one-stop answer right now....again, i'm not really questioning the functioning of the injectors....but i agree it would be the prudent thing to do to send them off......

i really just want to know about the rubber parts......so that if i decide to send them off or not, i am ready to go either way.
Old 05-11-2010, 07:17 AM

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts
I was able to get everything for the injectors from the auto parts store except for the bushings that actually go in the intake, which I had to get from the dealer.
I f you want 1 stop shoping, pay the dealer a visit.
Old 05-11-2010, 11:05 AM

witch hunter is $19 per injector plus $10 for return shipping, plus whatever it costs to ship to him.

i sent gerone at www.trdpartsforu.com an email asking for price and parts #'s for the rubber stuff and the crush washers at the fuel rail.
Old 05-11-2010, 11:11 AM
Contributing Member

Received 188 Likes on 131 Posts
Jerry I sent my four injectors to witchhunter in the condition that I pulled them out. Dude, they work the weekends. You will have COMPLETELY rebuilt injectors, better than OEM...if I may be soooo bold.

I'm just sayin...
Old 05-11-2010, 11:17 AM

i already have their shipping slip printed out.....i just want to know what i will need from the dealer and try to coordinate my efforts here.
Old 05-11-2010, 11:37 AM
Contributing Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by xxxtreme22r
I know one of them is, and just thinking the coveritself has a little difference between 22r and 22re.

I didn't get that far...
Though I did look at taking it off, I wasn't sure it would go back on .....
BFH didn't seem like a great idea.

Thanks for the pics.

like sands through the hour glass these are the rebuild pages of your life

Repo
Old 05-11-2010, 11:43 AM

Originally Posted by hilandfrog
I didn't get that far...
Though I did look at taking it off, I wasn't sure it would go back on .....
BFH didn't seem like a great idea.

Thanks for the pics.

like sands through the hour glass these are the rebuild pages of your life

Repo
good one...

i didn't even consider taking that apart....would be another 30 pages
Old 05-11-2010, 11:59 AM

Received 69 Likes on 48 Posts
I considered taking the Valve cover apart too, but I don't like the idea of tapping or putting in self taping screws into thin aluminum. So I also left mine alone
Old 05-11-2010, 08:13 PM

Received 84 Likes on 56 Posts
same here ha what does that gasket even really do? keeps oil that you pour in from not leaking out anywhere but the 2 drain holes? Kind of pointless, I can't really think of another purpose (could be wrong) but it doesn't seem worth the hassle like xtreme was saying.
Old 05-12-2010, 03:07 AM

PISMO...how about throwing me that part # for the bushing you say i will need for the injectors.........i'm getting conflicting info here....some that the injectors come back complete and just need to be placed back in and some info that i need to have my own parts.

on the witch hunter site it appears they do it complete, but i think you said they are complete except for the part that the injector seats in on the head.

i found a part # for the crush washers for the fuel rail....#90430-14007 (times 2)....they fit over the 19mm head bolt that (to me) is the main fuel supply line
Old 05-12-2010, 04:56 AM

have to look in my box of itsy bitsy parts i got from trdparts4u.com......i do believe i got the gasket for the cold start injector somewhere there.

i'm thinking i'm going to send that (cold start injector) off too to witch hunter....even though, like i said, the truck was running fine....it will be one of those, "while i'm in there" kinda things and likewise something that should be done and won't have to be done again soon if at all.
Old 05-12-2010, 05:08 AM

I thought you already sent them out??? Come on get on with it!!! If you sent them out priority mail you may have gotten them back by Sat??? Mmmmm

I want to hear the "crank, crank, crank, Vrrrrooooooommmmmm" "Clug, put, sputter, k-pow". Adjusts the timing. "Vrooommmmm" puff of smoke, smell of fresh burning oil and an engine running a tad rich as it mellows out...Ahhhhhhhh The sweet smell of a newly rebuild engine...

Get On With It!!!!

I think I just drooled a little.
Old 05-12-2010, 05:23 AM

I thought you already sent them out??? Come on get on with it!!! If you sent them out priority mail you may have gotten them back by Sat??? Mmmmm

I want to hear the "crank, crank, crank, Vrrrrooooooommmmmm" "Clug, put, sputter, k-pow". Adjusts the timing. "Vrooommmmm" puff of smoke, smell of fresh burning oil and an engine running a tad rich as it mellows out...Ahhhhhhhh The sweet smell of a newly rebuild engine...

Get On With It!!!!

I think I just drooled a little.
yeah, me too.

you should write children's books on how to rebuild a 22re....hahahahha

nah...yesterday was a wasted day...today gonna do a few things here and there but definitely want to send those out today.
Old 05-12-2010, 05:40 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 92 TOY
PISMO...how about throwing me that part # for the bushing you say i will need for the injectors.........i'm getting conflicting info here....some that the injectors come back complete and just need to be placed back in and some info that i need to have my own parts.

on the witch hunter site it appears they do it complete, but i think you said they are complete except for the part that the injector seats in on the head.

i found a part # for the crush washers for the fuel rail....#90430-14007 (times 2)....they fit over the 19mm head bolt that (to me) is the main fuel supply line
contact witchhunter, he will tell you what state they will be in when you get them back.

Quick Reply: 92 TOY's 22re / crapped out / gotta start somewhere / thread