87 4Runner 22RE troubleshooting help needed

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2010, 03:07 PM
YotaTech Milestone-Two Millionth Post

Received 122 Likes on 57 Posts
Originally Posted by thook
Yay Chef!!!! Wooohoooo!!!!!

I 2nd that motion.

finally pulled my head out of my butt......have been at work and prior to that was busy with Joe's truck and other obligations.

good job bud!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-22-2010, 06:05 PM

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
That must've hurt. I still have mine up there. I call it my verbal recycling program. It's crude, but I'm thinking of patenting it. Less BS on the planet means more royalties for me. I'll be getting paid to keep my mouth shut!...provided I can, of course. I may wind up still being broke and smelling like **** everyday. (I just cleaned out a freezer <<<bleh!!>>> and I'm feeling slightly cantankerous...)
Old 09-24-2010, 12:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
great news!!!!
Old 09-25-2010, 03:32 PM

Received 47 Likes on 41 Posts
awesome man, just awesome!!!
Old 09-30-2010, 09:41 AM

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
Thanks, Guys! I'm just back from the Sierras, .....I'll post some cool pics, soon. Just couldn't do any aggressive wheeling due to both my lower ball joints being the cause of my 'clunkity clunk!', hahaha. MAN was it fun though!
Old 09-30-2010, 10:23 AM

good to have ya back Chef. Make sure to post up a link.
Old 09-30-2010, 10:54 AM

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts
Yeah Chef, I was begining to wonder about you. Looking forward to seeing your pics.
Old 09-30-2010, 11:17 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Yeah...glad to have you back too...figured the truck ran so well, you didnt need to post anymore..lol
Old 10-02-2010, 03:15 PM

Sorry guys, I've REALLY been slammed, on top of having a guest from Oregon....

Had to stop in this Motel on the way..... TOO tired to go finding a setting up a site at 11pm, lol..........

The view from the room...........

Did a lil minor wheeling while looking for a day spot the first day...(both lower ball joints are pretty much history, sorry guys, lol)...

Got my favorite spot at Baker Creek, Sierras, just south of Keough Hot Springs(5 min)...

Unloaded SOME of the gear(i have TONS, lol)...

My view from the back of my Truck(my tent, lol)

The road to the site from 395Hwy....

Some more shots from the site surroundings....

Guy stopped by in his 27 Studebaker Sedan(for sale 6000$)

Wheeling down to the springs......(and the springs)

Unfortunately, leaving home..........

Owens dry lake and Dirty Sock Warm spring(it's DESTROYED, so ticked.... maybe they're draining it for repair.... but I doubt it...very sad)

My friend and I found a nice quiet girl....... she was too much for the both of us put together! lol.....

I have MANY more pics.... Photobucket had an error 30% into it.... so I'll get them up asap.
Old 10-02-2010, 03:32 PM

beautiful pics bud.
Old 10-02-2010, 05:42 PM

wow what a trip.. talk about taking a ton of gear.. you should had no problems at all with all that stuff.. looked like you were ready for a 6 month deployment.. out into the wild frontier..

So hot? are the Hot Springs?
Old 10-03-2010, 08:01 AM

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts
Nice pics Mark! Looks like a great trip.
Old 10-03-2010, 08:07 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Nice pics chef. So glad to see a shot of your runner that isn't the engine bay!!!
Old 10-03-2010, 09:40 AM

Originally Posted by 92 TOY
beautiful pics bud.
Thanks, ....wait til you see a few more... darn Photobucket, lol. Got some great full moon shots over the eastern Sierras with my Canon, etc.

Originally Posted by 1990yota-pickup
wow what a trip.. talk about taking a ton of gear.. you should had no problems at all with all that stuff.. looked like you were ready for a 6 month deployment.. out into the wild frontier..

So hot? are the Hot Springs?
HAHA, ...yeah, I go heavy, but I have EVERYTHING one might need for camping in that larger tote and 2 smaller, 120qt. cooler(Keeps Ice for 5 days!.... and it did!... just got that at clearance of Big5 for 60$~!!! ) Far as the springs, NICE AND TOASTY, without anyone saying, "OOOH, too hot!". Bout 110*-125*, depending on which of the 8 Pools. They're totally natural, no tables, fire pits, and NO CAMPING overnight.... they will charge with trespassing if one doesn't abide.lol. Which is good, cuz Tweeker campers RUIN THINGS, as you can see by Dirty Sock! Grrr. Also, the owners of Keough(a facility at the top of the hill) own all that land around it, including the natural-wilderness springs.... and they don't charge, so VERY COOL! lol.

Originally Posted by yotarob2005
Nice pics Mark! Looks like a great trip.
Thanks, Rob! IT WAS, what a great and MUCH NEEDED time. The truck ran GREAT, btw! Just purrrrrred! And, fully loaded, hundreds of pounds, I did 65mph up the Glacier Pass, etc. Before the build and cam?..... 45-50 in the slow lane!!! hahaha.

Originally Posted by HighLux
Nice pics chef. So glad to see a shot of your runner that isn't the engine bay!!!
Hahaha..... Actually, on both, my build and troubleshooting threads, PLENTY of full body pics, hahaha. But YES, I know what you mean..... and it was great to finally break her in, Proper. I'm going to post more pics, later.... soon as I can load em up from my puter to Photobucket... Not many of the truck, but more so of nature. lol.
Old 10-03-2010, 03:54 PM

Looks like you had a great time, what happened with the ball joints? are they popping? cant wait to take another trip myself.
Old 10-03-2010, 04:53 PM

Yeah, Cougar....

They're pop'n'droppin'n'click'n away like a gypsy at a seance! hehe...

I didn't caravan, so I wasn't about to go nuts. I did get a lil crazy on the straights near Hot Creek, but that was 65mph on washboard, etc.... you know, the IFS stuff, lol. It's ok until I need to really articulate..... but I'm tellin ya, those Zuks? SWEET! Really gave MUCH more flex than I'd had before.
Old 10-04-2010, 08:40 AM

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
There's only one thing I can see missing in those pics, Mark. Otherwise, very nice!!!! Looks like you were having a blast. And, about freakin' time!
Old 10-04-2010, 01:02 PM

Hey Matthew! Hope all is well! Yeah, my buddy who was visiting didn't take many of me and I forgot to ask. I love photography, and as you might know, when one loves it, they very rarely get enough of themselves, lol.

Good to hear from you, bud! From all the others, as well, within Yotatech! lol.
Old 10-04-2010, 01:30 PM

MORE PICS OF THE TRIP>>>>>>>>>>

Me, just chillax'n....

Our Section of Baker Creek, just 5 Feet from both sides of my Truck/Sleeping quarters.... so soothing!....

Our Camping Neighbors Pup, Half Aussie Sheppard-Half Healer I believe....REALLY funny dog, quite a beggar, ... The owner was an Employee(Chris) whom I promised not to mention the last name of, lol...

If you look at around 10o'clock center, I accidentally got a bat in the shot while at the Hot Springs at night....

Right outside my Tent, built a web over the creek to catch all them BASTAGE GNATS! LOL..

Tons of Blue Breasted Quail.... and yes, it was Hunting Season... lots of guys in the outskirts gettin some!....

Tons of Fish! .....

DANG I hate these Horse/Cattle Flies.... REALLY HURT, lol....

Lil 40* shower, BRRRRRRRRR! LOL....

Lil visitor, kept walking over my shoes.....

Heading home, first stopped at our old camping spot, Dirty Sock Warm Spring.... it was TERRIBLY neglected.... not sure if it'll ever be restored. It was a total oasis, with Stables, changing rooms, lights, fountains, in the 60's.... Has a great view of The tallest section of the Sierras, Mt. Whitney.... and if you can see just left of center, "Indian Profile Peak"(it's a face of an Indian, lying down on his back with his arms crossed over his chest...

Still heading home, around Red Rock Canyon, CA.....

Just a tiny patch of my MINT! YUMMO! >>>(some other stuff from my yard as well)...

The Cat we've adopted at my home, which has 3 legs due to a wreck....RUGGED LIL SURVIVOR, LOL....

That's it for my latest adventures....hope you enjoy the shots...

Mark

PS> Sorry for the delay, but my friend of 18yrs., whom I've not seen in 4, stopped by for the last couple weeks.... just haven't had time to jump online.
Old 10-04-2010, 01:37 PM

Received 84 Likes on 56 Posts
Nice pics Chef! I need to make a trip like that soon! Very Jealous!!!

Quick Reply: 87 4Runner 22RE troubleshooting help needed