Notices
86-95 Trucks & 4Runners 2nd/3rd gen pickups, and 1st/2nd gen 4Runners with IFS

40" tires on 2nd gen!

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2005, 08:04 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Dude ive been following your build up for some time. How did i miss the fact your in the same town as me till now!!!!

anyway im in south city... were abouts are you. Ever need a hand let me know.
Old 11-15-2005, 05:07 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by nrgetic99
So where are the Hella's now

I will never belong at Pirate for that reason.... you do something no one has ever done and engineer the whole thing clean and they don't like the Hellas.

Killed me.

As an engineer, I can say that is a truly awesome project...and if you are anything like me, the engineering challenge gives as much satisfaction as the end result, if not more.

More power to ya.... I say again, inspirational !!!

David
Thanks! Hellas are still mounted on the front bull bar. We'll see where they end up.
Old 11-15-2005, 05:08 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by snap-on
Dude ive been following your build up for some time. How did i miss the fact your in the same town as me till now!!!!

anyway im in south city... were abouts are you. Ever need a hand let me know.
Valley Park, at Dougherty Ferry Rd. and Big Bend Road. Thanks for the offer!
Old 11-15-2005, 05:11 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by colsoncj
We've got a few places to wheel around the Flint area, bout an hour north of detroit.. but im always looking for new places if you know of any
There are a lot of off road parks around St. Louis (within 100 miles) but most are trails I would hesitate to take the Runner on.. extremely tight with body damage guaranteed. I had the wide open mountain trails of southwestern Colorado in mind when I built the rig.
Old 11-15-2005, 05:14 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by snap-on
Ever need a hand let me know.
I don't think drooling on the Mogger is considered lending a hand.
Old 11-16-2005, 03:45 AM

Originally Posted by Cebby
I don't think drooling on the Mogger is considered lending a hand.
at Cebby !
Old 11-16-2005, 07:48 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Crux
How much extra clearance does a mog axle get you? 2-3"?
five to six inches actually-- and all of my lower links are virtually level with the axle tubes so all of the axle clearance is maintained. So if your rig will clear 35's as it is set up now, it will easily clear 40's with Mogs. And you need at least a 40 inch tire to compensate for the lower gearing and to make the most of the differential and axle clearance.
Old 12-02-2005, 06:47 PM
Contributing Member

4Mogger glad you finally decided to join the thread.
I wish i would have taken more pics but i didn't want to make it seem like i was obsessed with your rig (even though i was lol).

Would you happen to have any close up pics of your rear bumper? I could really use a few.
Old 12-02-2005, 08:00 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by rocket
4Mogger glad you finally decided to join the thread.
I wish i would have taken more pics but i didn't want to make it seem like i was obsessed with your rig (even though i was lol).

Would you happen to have any close up pics of your rear bumper? I could really use a few.
Actually considering selling the rear bumper and starting over. It is hellastout and a little heavy.
I want to build a bumper that is a little wider so I have a step on either side and two receivers for a big drop down custom slide in hitch. (I will still tow a small trailer) and also want a swing/drop down spare tire rack because I have trouble lifting the tire onto the rack now. A friend of mine is very good at fabbing bumpers and I like the way he builds a drop down rack that doubles as sort of a stinger.
Old 12-02-2005, 08:04 PM
Banned

I will put up a pic or two of the rear bumper tonight when I get home--yes I am still at work now. (someone has to pay for all of this stuff!)

Thanks for the compliments on the Mogger. I do love the truck and have had a lot of fun building it up over the last decade (11 years now.)
Old 12-02-2005, 08:18 PM
Contributing Member

Hey if you do sell it (depending on the weight and price) put me first on the list to buy it!

If not, some pics would be nice as i plan on having Armorology.com build me one and yours has a specific feature that i like.

Originally Posted by 4Mogger
I do love the truck and have had a lot of fun building it up over the last decade (11 years now.)
11 years!? Very impressive and much respect for having that much patience. I can't wait to see you wheel it.
Old 12-02-2005, 09:19 PM
Banned

this help at all?
Attached Thumbnails 40" tires on 2nd gen!-dsc01525_1_1.jpg  
Old 12-02-2005, 09:25 PM
Banned

during the build up
Attached Thumbnails 40" tires on 2nd gen!-dsc00403.jpg  
Old 12-23-2005, 11:55 AM
Contributing Member

Daaaamn! Sexy Mog/Runner crossover. I have a good friend that has had a Mog in the states for 12 years now. 3 Tranny swaps later.... (That's the crappy part about Mogs).

I too live in colorado and would love to wheel with you. Though I laugh when you say the wide open southwest trails. Poughkipsee gulch has some tight spots! But I'd like to see if the mogger would make it up upper heldorado's waterfall. (That is if you get past breadbasket without body damage). Are you gong to exo it? I assume not becuase you don't intend on having body damage but still.

I don't spend much time in Pirate but I assume there is a Unimog wheeling club somewhere in the states. I guess you'd qualify!
Old 12-23-2005, 06:37 PM

Just wanted to add a comment, for the lovers and haters... I've seen 'Moggers truck in person... The pictures do not do the thing justice... not at all.
Old 12-28-2005, 04:15 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by rockota
Just wanted to add a comment, for the lovers and haters... I've seen 'Moggers truck in person... The pictures do not do the thing justice... not at all.
Cool as rig maybe but where are the wheeling pics?
Old 12-28-2005, 05:46 AM

Originally Posted by ATLRoach
Cool as rig maybe but where are the wheeling pics?
I'm sure it will be wheeled *AFTER* the truck is done! Sheesh, people... This is an extensive build and all the web wheelers expect it to be complete and wheeling w/in three weeks of build start.

It'll get done when it gets done.
Old 12-28-2005, 07:31 AM

The fact is most people would love to have this rig, wheel this rig, etc. and we're all so excited for him to see it on the trail for the first time. What an amazing build in my opinion. The coolest thing about it is that suspension system.

Chris
Old 12-28-2005, 01:48 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by rockota
I'm sure it will be wheeled *AFTER* the truck is done! Sheesh, people... This is an extensive build and all the web wheelers expect it to be complete and wheeling w/in three weeks of build start.

It'll get done when it gets done.

I know what it takes to build a rig..I fact I'm in the process of building a X-Chassis Buggy to replace my 85 with smartass. Also the suspension and axles have been done for a while but yet to be mildly tested.
Old 12-31-2005, 01:40 PM
Contributing Member

I want it!!!!

Quick Reply: 40" tires on 2nd gen!