Notices
86-95 Trucks & 4Runners 2nd/3rd gen pickups, and 1st/2nd gen 4Runners with IFS

3vze complete exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2009, 04:31 PM

Received 101 Likes on 79 Posts
Originally Posted by dunnarunner
Well I have all my gadgets working fine as well, but if you look at my vehicle it hasn't got too much Toyota left in it at all, and after this rebuild I am on now, there will be even less Toyota than there was before, and my fuel consumption has worked out that I can get just on 410klm/255mile per tank from mine now days, and I am still using the original tank. I think that is reasonable considering the motor I use now days, but that is on the highway as well. I think I have hijacked your thread, sorry, getting back on subject, have you done your exhaust yet? and has it made any/much difference yet.
Of course its done. Its been done for months now... heh have you seen the videos and pictures yet? they're throughout the entire thread here... go ahead and search the 7 pages... on page 1 and 2 are the pictures.
Old 12-13-2009, 12:03 AM

Been talking/thinking about doing this for awhile. Im pretty sure anyone with common sense knows what's going on here

Before:
Name:  DSC_0007-1.jpg
Views: 962
Size:  85.8 KB

After:
Name:  DSC_3903.jpg
Views: 408
Size:  163.3 KB
Name:  DSC_3904.jpg
Views: 448
Size:  118.1 KB
Name:  DSC_3905.jpg
Views: 430
Size:  130.8 KB

The pipe and cat are COMPLETELY innerchangeable. stay tuned for latest videos. I have more modifcations coming, as well.
Old 12-13-2009, 12:21 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Jay351
mmm, that sounds nice!!!! Let hear it spinnin at 5,000rpm

Im jelous!
+1 We need to hear that baby at least at 5 grand, you can still hear how the engine flow is restricted because of the heads though.
Old 12-13-2009, 12:24 AM

looks sick i cant wait to hear this thing rippin down the road and the awesome idle heh
Old 12-13-2009, 12:30 AM

Originally Posted by Mic09dcsm
+1 We need to hear that baby at least at 5 grand, you can still hear how the engine flow is restricted because of the heads though.
its still a 3vze... lol theres only so much I can and will do. I can almost guarantee is not as restricted as you might think though. I've already done videos of it at 5k revs... but why does it matter? 5 grand revs in a 3vze is dumb... lol good way to blow the motor. it has amazing sound in the power band, and that should be all that matters.

Heres a video of me doing Idle, 2-5k revs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pGZVVRyuQN0

and a 0-60 you can see I was shifting at 5k

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5p-2sICE5L8
Old 12-13-2009, 11:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
haha i like the look underneath.. im definately doing it after i saw how much louder it made your car.
Old 12-13-2009, 11:40 AM

Originally Posted by kawasakimoto_7
haha i like the look underneath.. im definately doing it after i saw how much louder it made your car.
lol its illegal as all hell though. I think I might bolt the cat back up, and when I go 4 wheeling when we stop and get prepared, i'll slap the straight pipe underneath and mob around in that. hah yeah I like the look and sound of it too. I think you should put a tail pipe on yours and make the cat and the pipe innerchangeable... you might like the sound at that point...
Old 12-14-2009, 11:23 AM

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
as soon as I pas smog, im going with a test pipe so i dont have to buy anymore Cats. in the future.

Mak you should replace your O2 sensor, im sure that your issue is not your Cat. The other thing i suggest you do is make sure your A/F ratio is correct. It is common for the headers to change the A/F ratio due to the cooler exhaust temps and not heat the O2 sensor properly. Hence the engine will run rich, I know from experience.
Old 12-14-2009, 01:18 PM

Originally Posted by dark_fairytales
as soon as I pas smog, im going with a test pipe so i dont have to buy anymore Cats. in the future.

Mak you should replace your O2 sensor, im sure that your issue is not your Cat. The other thing i suggest you do is make sure your A/F ratio is correct. It is common for the headers to change the A/F ratio due to the cooler exhaust temps and not heat the O2 sensor properly. Hence the engine will run rich, I know from experience.
Yeah, Im working on doing a few mods to my exhaust. i'll keep updating this for sure.

my exhaust does smell very rich, but then again, I have straight pipes on it now and no cat... so that make sense? you'll have to show me, Dark. we might be going to pick n pull over this next weekend so i'll text you and hitcha up. my truck sounds mean as hell though... I really need to get an intake on. I'll get some videos of the new sound of my straight pipe. I'll get some day time videos, some drive bys and what not.
Old 12-14-2009, 05:30 PM

Took the time to do some exhaust videos for everybody to here how it sounds with a straight pipe. Enjoy! 5 videos for your viewing pleasure. By the way, I know on one of the videos I mentioned I was going down I - 80, but in reality, I was going down 65... but merged onto 80... lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uR9nV7ZpPkM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KCva4uHJj-U

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=16_CUNqMqnw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B69pm0ObixA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ef9EH4UjxS4
Old 12-14-2009, 05:49 PM

holy crap sounds so good!!! its like a small block v8 at the bottom end and a ferrari over 4000rpm lmao. so sick
Old 12-14-2009, 05:59 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
woww..that's sounding pretty dang good!!!!!

im thinking my 4runner will sound similar, the manifolds aren't bad..the crossover is though..but since im ditching the stock crossover and going custom..then it should be better

i still can't wait to get my runner runnin and get my cherrybomb vortex on there
Old 12-14-2009, 07:07 PM

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
it sounds a lot louder then my magnaflow for sure.

it strange watching a youtube vid. where i can recognize the streets, I really hate that hwy 65 junction.
Old 12-14-2009, 07:19 PM

Originally Posted by 91_TOYOTA_4x4
holy crap sounds so good!!! its like a small block v8 at the bottom end and a ferrari over 4000rpm lmao. so sick
haha yeah, it even continues to impress me on how it sounds, I love it to death. Im not so sure about the ferrari sound over 4k rpms... lol hah but it does have a very unique sound. I told you earlier that a guy in a WRX said I had the sickest exhaust he's ever heard right?

Originally Posted by camo31"10.50"
woww..that's sounding pretty dang good!!!!!

im thinking my 4runner will sound similar, the manifolds aren't bad..the crossover is though..but since im ditching the stock crossover and going custom..then it should be better

i still can't wait to get my runner runnin and get my cherrybomb vortex on there
Uhh... so wait... you're gonna put a fabbed crossover on but keep the stock manifolds? that will not work. the driver side manifold is shaped like a sideways Y pipe. you're better off just doing headers, dude. I will show you a picture of the manifolds. I kept mine. Not to mention, they weigh easily 20-30 lbs... its just a crap system, period.

Originally Posted by dark_fairytales
it sounds a lot louder then my magnaflow for sure.

it strange watching a youtube vid. where i can recognize the streets, I really hate that hwy 65 junction.
haha yeah, we'll have to meet up sometime and talk trucks, I'll definitely letcha know whens the next time we hit up pick n pull.

meh, the junction isn't too bad. i've never really had a problem with it, and I used to speed down it in my integra all the time. I just hate when a Big Rig is on it... pisses me off to no end.
Old 12-14-2009, 07:56 PM

That Drive by video is awesome sounds great half mile away lol,The the idea of a interchangeable exhaust is your best idea for that exhaust makes me want to get one now that I know its that easy to swap it, should do that with your muffler too haha

we are taking the video camera when you go to get it smoged lol
Old 12-14-2009, 08:35 PM

i have a 1988 v6 automatic. i been looking to change out the headers. im also looking for one that will be carb legal. is your runner a automatic or 5speed?
also is this the only company i can get a legal headers system. im in CA as well
Old 12-14-2009, 09:57 PM

Originally Posted by MKtaco_98
That Drive by video is awesome sounds great half mile away lol,The the idea of a interchangeable exhaust is your best idea for that exhaust makes me want to get one now that I know its that easy to swap it, should do that with your muffler too haha

we are taking the video camera when you go to get it smoged lol
yeah the drive by video seems to be everybodies fav. yeah. Andrew came up with it. I just need to figure out a way to get my engine light off now and stay off. We are NOT taking a video camera to get my truck smogged... hopefully in 6th months i'll have all the problems worked out.
Old 12-14-2009, 10:00 PM

Originally Posted by ToyoTech559
i have a 1988 v6 automatic. i been looking to change out the headers. im also looking for one that will be carb legal. is your runner a automatic or 5speed?
also is this the only company i can get a legal headers system. im in CA as well
I definitely have a 5 speed... heh. DT is Carb legal. as they come stamped. but uhh... are they the only one? Downey went out of business, so you could probably get a set off someone selling a set. LC engineering might have a street header? or maybe try NWOR? its been awhile since i've researched headers, ever since I got mine done.
Old 12-14-2009, 10:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
mike im totally jealous i cant stop watching the videos lol. cant wait to hear it in person
Old 12-14-2009, 10:57 PM

Originally Posted by stockwell45
mike im totally jealous i cant stop watching the videos lol. cant wait to hear it in person
haha thanks dude, drive up here! I might hit up Pick n pull this weekend if I feel like going anywhere... lol

Quick Reply: 3vze complete exhaust