3vze complete exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2009, 11:07 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
best sounding 3.0L goes to Mak92!! woot! haha
Old 11-25-2009, 11:05 PM
Contributing Member

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Just do the ISR mod! Its so easy, and it can look fantastic!

Don't use nuts on the ends of the pipe fittings like the writeup says too.. Thats scary!

tap the pipe!
Old 11-26-2009, 11:05 AM

Received 101 Likes on 79 Posts
yeah the bolts kinda scare me... that would suck if they got sucked into the motor haha what would you suggest me doing with the two tubes that attach to the intake?
Old 11-26-2009, 09:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm sure this has been asked many times, so i'm sorry in advance...but would the ISR cause any smog trouble in CA? I've read both answers. This probably isn't the right thread to ask this on either...but i cant...stop....typing....
Old 11-26-2009, 11:24 PM

I dont see why it wouldnt? the K&N intake does the same thing but just more expensive, yet passes smog. It basically keeps the same air box, just gets rid of a pointless elbow in the intake, providing better air flow. make sense?
Old 11-26-2009, 11:33 PM

man i have been really thinking about selling my truck and getting a 4runnerits killing me i just like 4runners more! if my dad didn't make me get a pickup i woulda had one. i need more inside room you know and std cabs are just too small for a DD. problem is that i have too much into my truck like front susp is redone and new cv's, tires, 70k km's on engine. i cant get it back but damn it anyways i just feal like i am meant to have a 4runner you know? plus you exhaust make me want a v6 3.0L or not aaaaa what do you think Mak?
Old 11-27-2009, 07:28 AM

Originally Posted by 91_TOYOTA_4x4
man i have been really thinking about selling my truck and getting a 4runnerits killing me i just like 4runners more! if my dad didn't make me get a pickup i woulda had one. i need more inside room you know and std cabs are just too small for a DD. problem is that i have too much into my truck like front susp is redone and new cv's, tires, 70k km's on engine. i cant get it back but damn it anyways i just feal like i am meant to have a 4runner you know? plus you exhaust make me want a v6 3.0L or not aaaaa what do you think Mak?
Honestly? I say dont do it. if I could go back and redo it all, I'd get a turbo 22re 1st get 4runner or a 3rd gen 3.4 5 speed. I love my truck to death, dont get me wrong and have big plans for her. of course, she's getting a 3.4 later. and plus, a 3.0 is still a engine. I might have made it better by adding the exhaust and making it faster, but its still slow in all other terms. I can go up hills with ease now, and do other things. but compared to a 3.4, im still just a PoS. plus thing about it dude... i dropped 1k into my exhaust to make it sound like it does... haha do you really wanna do that? with all the money you wanna spend on that 4runner, think what you could do to your std. cab. pick up.... make sense?
Old 11-27-2009, 11:50 AM

yah i know dude but std cabs ar so small and for your DD the 22re is just too slow sometimes. like offroad its the perfect set up imo the 22re has just the right power and the short wheelbase makes it easy to go through bicycle paths hehehe. but on the street were i am 90% of the time its just brutal, like when you get passed by civics and rigs pulling big trailers like wtf 22re? i need a 3.4 supercharged beast for my DD and light trails and since im the only one out of my friends who's truck can go offroad at the momment whats the point of my 22re? im just trying top get a job so i can start saving but the economy is hurt here in canada too. if i can pic up a runner for cheap then i will keep my truck oyah loved those videos of you hittin those trails
Old 11-28-2009, 08:32 AM

yah i know dude but std cabs ar so small and for your DD the 22re is just too slow sometimes. like offroad its the perfect set up imo the 22re has just the right power and the short wheelbase makes it easy to go through bicycle paths hehehe. but on the street were i am 90% of the time its just brutal, like when you get passed by civics and rigs pulling big trailers like wtf 22re? i need a 3.4 supercharged beast for my DD and light trails and since im the only one out of my friends who's truck can go offroad at the momment whats the point of my 22re? im just trying top get a job so i can start saving but the economy is hurt here in canada too. if i can pic up a runner for cheap then i will keep my truck oyah loved those videos of you hittin those trails
if you're gonna try and buy a 3.4 supercharged and want a new truck. why not just get a tacoma 3.4 or a 4runner 5 speed ?
Old 11-28-2009, 01:15 PM

that would be the easy way lol. i realy dont like the tacomas much compared to the 95 and under trucks. i want a project and kinda a wolf in sheeps clothing if you catch my drift. any yota fan would guess a 3.0L and be like o well he aint going nowhere then boom that 3.4 supercharged just blows his doors off hahaha. black ext cab on 33 bfg a/t stock 4.56 gears posi rear mmm sounds fun to me.
Old 11-28-2009, 01:21 PM

that would be the easy way lol. i realy dont like the tacomas much compared to the 95 and under trucks. i want a project and kinda a wolf in sheeps clothing if you catch my drift. any yota fan would guess a 3.0L and be like o well he aint going nowhere then boom that 3.4 supercharged just blows his doors off hahaha. black ext cab on 33 bfg a/t stock 4.56 gears posi rear mmm sounds fun to me.
lmao hmm... you have the same perspectives as me... thats why im refusing to do the newer 4runner. but yet I got the 3.0 because I can use parts from it for the 3.4
Old 11-28-2009, 01:44 PM

haha exactly what im saying because by now any truck fan chevy, dodge, ford know that that those toyota's have nothing lol. so with the appearance of slow 3.0L and stockish look he wont see nothing coming hehe . but with all that power im going to need posi, heavy clutch and some good swaybars
Old 11-28-2009, 01:54 PM

I think with just posi and a nice clutch you'll be fine. I still have my stock sways on 4runner. heh
Old 11-28-2009, 02:03 PM

yah i will most likely not do anything with the sway bars, my truck didnt have a swap bar when i bought so my truck is tippy kinda lol. i just want to keep my truck as a wheeler and have a badass beast DD that sounds awesome and can get err done you know? either ext cab black or 4runner black
Old 11-28-2009, 02:08 PM

yah i will most likely not do anything with the sway bars, my truck didnt have a swap bar when i bought so my truck is tippy kinda lol. i just want to keep my truck as a wheeler and have a badass beast DD that sounds awesome and can get err done you know? either ext cab black or 4runner black
go with an ext. cab black. black 4runners are kinda bleh to me. I'd rather have a white 4runner with black bumpers, mirrors, and a dark tint

lol lets take this talk to PMs... were clouding up my exhaust thread ahahaha
Old 11-28-2009, 02:09 PM

haha ok sounds good
Old 12-02-2009, 12:38 AM

I read a lot of threads about these V6's and everyone wants more power from them and their milage is always woeful, I have found even out here in Australia things are the same, so much so that many have opted to another type of V6, and found that made all the difference in the world to both. I never had the V6, and from what I have read, I am one of the lucky ones. I had a 2ltr engine in mine when I started and I wanted more power, and now I have it. I have also encountered another thing you may or may not have the same problem there. On a lot of V6 surfs and some 4 Runners the fuel gauge reads empty, it still had 10ltr of fuel still in there. yet when it was noted that one person had it, others found the same thing, just an idea.
Old 12-02-2009, 09:23 AM

Originally Posted by dunnarunner
I read a lot of threads about these V6's and everyone wants more power from them and their milage is always woeful, I have found even out here in Australia things are the same, so much so that many have opted to another type of V6, and found that made all the difference in the world to both. I never had the V6, and from what I have read, I am one of the lucky ones. I had a 2ltr engine in mine when I started and I wanted more power, and now I have it. I have also encountered another thing you may or may not have the same problem there. On a lot of V6 surfs and some 4 Runners the fuel gauge reads empty, it still had 10ltr of fuel still in there. yet when it was noted that one person had it, others found the same thing, just an idea.
Not sure about everyone else but when the needle is to the left of the E I run out of gas. haha. filling up, it only takes 16.9 gallons.

EDIT: About the whole gas gauge thing, the gas light comes on at about 3~ gallons left, 10ltr is about 2.6 so that would make sense. Honestly, I don't like the way Toyota designed the Gas, Coolant Temp., Voltage, & Oil Pressure gauges, they are like semi circles, and depending on the angle your at could read a bit different.

Back OT!

I need to get rid of this cherrybomb turbo! it sounds a bit like amplified fart.

Last edited by 24Runna; 12-02-2009 at 11:09 AM.
Old 12-02-2009, 10:03 AM

all the gizmos and gadgets work on my truck except for the rear window... think the relay is acting up. heh never heard of the gas needle not working.
Old 12-02-2009, 02:10 PM

Well I have all my gadgets working fine as well, but if you look at my vehicle it hasn't got too much Toyota left in it at all, and after this rebuild I am on now, there will be even less Toyota than there was before, and my fuel consumption has worked out that I can get just on 410klm/255mile per tank from mine now days, and I am still using the original tank. I think that is reasonable considering the motor I use now days, but that is on the highway as well. I think I have hijacked your thread, sorry, getting back on subject, have you done your exhaust yet? and has it made any/much difference yet.

Last edited by dunnarunner; 12-02-2009 at 02:16 PM.

Quick Reply: 3vze complete exhaust