Notices
86-95 Trucks & 4Runners 2nd/3rd gen pickups, and 1st/2nd gen 4Runners with IFS

33x10.50

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2007, 04:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by tc
Ummm - whatever is the same as the stock 7" ers...

I know - lots of help. LOL
yeah stock will keep it in the right line of travel when the suspension cycles.

one reason not to go wider than 10.50 with stock suspension

this is how close my 31x10.50's come

Old 10-15-2007, 06:46 PM

Originally Posted by Djlarroc
Wow... really?? And you said your Runner is bone stock right?? I bought some 33's, but they are 13.50's... I'm having people tell me I need to do all kindsa stuff to get them in there.. I might have to change my mind about these tires and start looking for a trade or so..

EDIT: and how does it drive w/the 33's and stock gears? You have 4:10s and a 22RE right?
Yeah, you'll never fit 13.50s stock.. The width is really what kills you. You MIGHT be able to fit them with BJ spacers (I know you can fit 12.50s with them).
Old 10-16-2007, 08:55 AM

and how does it drive w/the 33's and stock gears? You have 4:10s and a 22RE right?
it drives about the same really. i thought there would be more drag starting from a stop or on the freeway but honestly i cant really tell a diffrence... i have the 3.0 with 5-speed. stock gears... the only complaint is my speedo is off quite a bit. that shocked me. i have to go about 38 on the speedo to be doing 45. and on the freeway 65 is close to 80. not sure whats up with that.

Hey T, I bet there is brake fluid (from the clutch master) all in your drivers side floorboard, under the carpet. you can fill the master back up, and bleed the slave (passenger side of the tranny, near the front) and then replace your master cylinder when youhave time, just watch the fluid level.
well i didnt look under the carpet but it was so strange. i had no fluid finally got to the store, poured some brake fluid in and pumped the clutch just waiting to see it pour out the bottom but it never did. i had thought maybe i had broken my slave cylinder but i dunno... it is at the same level and has been 4 days with about 150 miles put on. i thought that was odd but i dont know alot about plumbing in these engines.
Old 10-16-2007, 09:49 AM
Contributing Member

Not saying you ride the clutch but everynow and then when I try to do a burn out [for one reason or another] I usually end up burning a little clutch fluid and then I have to add more... this might have happened while you were "easing" your self over rocks or out of the mud... just a thought...

One reason your speedo is of is that the larger tires have less revolutions/mile then the stock tires do [which btw are considered to be the 225s they put on the 4 bangers for the factory's speedo set up purposes so far as I know] with the lower revs/mile the engine is still turning at say 2500rpm but the vehicle is travelling further/faster because of the greater tire dia.
It can be a great excuse if you get a speeding ticket [especially when you factor in the speedo factory error range from the fsm]
Old 10-16-2007, 10:02 AM

Originally Posted by aviator
Not saying you ride the clutch but everynow and then when I try to do a burn out [for one reason or another] I usually end up burning a little clutch fluid and then I have to add more... this might have happened while you were "easing" your self over rocks or out of the mud... just a thought...
Uhh, what? That's not possible unless you have a leak.. You're not burning clutch fluid.. It's probably leaking somewhere you don't notice.
Old 10-16-2007, 10:14 AM
Contributing Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
yeah, can't burn clutch fluid.
Old 10-16-2007, 10:26 AM
tc
Contributing Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
It can be a great excuse if you get a speeding ticket [especially when you factor in the speedo factory error range from the fsm]
I wouldn't recommend you hang your hopes on this defense ...
Old 10-16-2007, 10:31 AM

I wouldn't recommend you hang your hopes on this defense ...
haha ya the cops in my town hate people that are young and will give you a ticket for anything... so i will just have to get it adjusted. but i assume i have a leak i just cant find it. i have had it sitting for about 12 hours on level ground and there are no spots anywhere. its puzzling. the fluid is still at the same level... but the odd thing is i filled it up about 2 months ago so it had dripped completely out since then.
Old 10-16-2007, 10:38 AM
tc
Contributing Member

Wellllll - did it drip out, or did you finally bleed all the air out?
Old 10-16-2007, 10:41 AM

i didnt bleed anything, so i guessed it dripped out... what should i bleed? by the way your videos are awsome. thats why i went 33x10.50 and no lift. its inspiring
Old 10-16-2007, 11:35 AM

Not saying you ride the clutch but everynow and then when I try to do a burn out [for one reason or another]

One reason your speedo is of is that the larger tires have less revolutions/mile then the stock tires do [which btw are considered to be the 225s they put on the 4 bangers for the factory's speedo set up purposes so far as I know] with the lower revs/mile the engine is still turning at say 2500rpm but the vehicle is travelling further/faster because of the greater tire dia.
Um....i tried that trick up on Signal Mountain [not far from cleveland] one day.....doesn't work. The cop just went ahead and wrote the ticket. by the way, my speedo was, according to the cop, off by about 10 miles per hour...i was driving with stock gears on 37s. However the judge let me off of it and laughed at the cop. Judge asked me to look into fixing the speedo.

by the way T$....you guys ever wheel up on Signal Mountain? I live pretty close to the trails up there.
Old 10-16-2007, 12:02 PM

well thats because the cops on signal mt are well.... not so nice to anyone esp if you are young... you guys ever go to prentice cooper up there on signal?
Old 10-16-2007, 12:27 PM

Originally Posted by jay33
well thats because the cops on signal mt are well.... not so nice to anyone esp if you are young... you guys ever go to prentice cooper up there on signal?
i go out to Big Fork.....not exactly prentice cooper. If your talking about edwards point, i mountain bike there, but never drive.
Old 10-16-2007, 04:54 PM

last time i went to prentice cooper it was opening day of bow season. i felt so stupid... my buddy put in for that hunt and wanted me to go... i dont really know any places in chatt town but holler at me sometime. if im not workin one off my wacky shifts i will go.
Old 10-16-2007, 08:52 PM
tc
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by T$
i didnt bleed anything, so i guessed it dripped out... what should i bleed? by the way your videos are awsome. thats why i went 33x10.50 and no lift. its inspiring
Anything hydraulic is prone to bad performance if air gets in the system. I'm not all that familiar with the clutch hydraulics, but there is a bleeder on the slave cylinder on the bellhousing.

All hydraulic systems will eventually get the air to a point where it can be bled off and the level will look low after that bubble is out of the system.
Old 10-16-2007, 09:38 PM

o ok. thanks man. i will toy with it this weekend.