86-95 Trucks & 4Runners 2nd/3rd gen pickups, and 1st/2nd gen 4Runners with IFS

3.0 dual oil filters installed

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2010, 05:59 AM
Fossilized
Staff

Received 449 Likes on 294 Posts
Originally Posted by MudHippy
In science, a hypothesis is a proposition advanced as possibly true, and consistent with known data(acquired through the practicing of said hypothesis), but requiring further investigation(and/or more practice).

A theory is a hypothesis so well substantiated(by data gathered through the practicing or investigation of which) as to be generally accepted(as truth).

Ok, So explain Murphy's Law.
Old 07-13-2010, 08:00 AM

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Oil filter good. Two better.

Last edited by thook; 07-16-2010 at 06:17 PM.
Old 07-15-2010, 08:55 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
word. my shotgun is locked and loaded!!! come get some beezies!!!
Old 07-15-2010, 09:02 AM

Received 69 Likes on 48 Posts
has anyone looked into how this affects the oil pressure on the downstream side of either filter? Not sure which filter is "before" which. But I would think due to the nature of the filter there is a pressure drop between the inlet and outlet of each filter. with 1 filter definitely not an issue. Pressure drop is probably minimal if at all across the OEM cooler so that is not an issue. But what about adding two pressure drops because of the second filter?
Old 07-15-2010, 09:07 AM
Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
i havent noticed any drop in pressure.. (using stock gauge)
Old 07-15-2010, 09:14 AM

depending on where in line that 2nd filter is you might not. I doubt it's an issue though, but just throwing it out there as something to think about.
Old 07-15-2010, 09:35 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't see any real benefit of this either... It'll cost more to do an oil change. Same with running synthetic oil in these old engines. Most of these trucks are around 20 years old and have 200+ thousand miles on them. At this point you likely have to add oil between changes too because of it burning or leaking.They made it this far with one filter and regular oil...
Old 07-15-2010, 01:06 PM
Banned

im thinking of doing this. i like the idea of extra oil capacity, but im also thinking of running the oil cooler. not sure what to do yet. im at 1899xx miles. no oil leaks, i do burn about 1/4 qt every month. no biggie.
Old 07-15-2010, 03:37 PM

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts
Originally Posted by ocdropzone
Ok, So explain Murphy's Law.
Murphy's Law is ,virtually, a real law of nature. The "Many Worlds" theory described by quantum mechanics requires that "all things that can be, will be". It basically states, that in the infinitude of "parallel" universes that exist, an infinite quantity of different outcomes to any particular chance determined set of events(from the smallest scale to the largest)are all happening simultaneously. So, whatever can happen does actually happen, somewhere. Even if you've gotten lucky in this universe(and avoided Murphy), somewhere in a "parallel" universe you haven't.

I don't know if I'm the smartest me there is...but I ain't the dumbest. How 'bout that?

Last edited by MudHippy; 07-26-2010 at 12:01 PM.
Old 07-15-2010, 07:12 PM
Banned

Nm I looked under mine and it has a stock oil cooler
Old 07-15-2010, 10:58 PM

Um...yeah. Nevermind.

Last edited by thook; 07-16-2010 at 06:16 PM.
Old 07-16-2010, 12:52 PM
Banned

Old 07-16-2010, 01:08 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by thook
Everytime a person (or any other form of life) has a contrasting experience that causes one to ask, form a preference, they expand. The Universe expands, as well, since there is no seperation. These outflowing desires contribute to the all that is....the unlimited potential. All of this expansion does occur simultaneously and creates parallel universes or potential experience, but one will line up with whatever is chronic for them. We are energetic, vibrational, and magnetic.

Here's the cool factor, though. We have emotions. They are our guidance system.....our connection to source. A negative emotion indicates resistance to this flow. It indicates one has moved away from the expansion they've created for themselves.......their preferred reality. IOW, the larger, non physical, expanded part of themselves is focused in a different way....from a broader perspective, a perspective that encompasses the culmanation of one's experiences.....while the physical counterpart is holding a contrary view....still giving their attention to the thing that cause them to expand. A positive emotion indicates one is moving in the direction of, or lining up with, or giving their attention to the expansion.........that is the expanded version of themselves......what it is they're wanting. A person is only unhappy when the chronic habit is in not lining up with the expansion.
I don't know but after all of this emotion talk I either need to fart or just get a hug!!

Fink
Old 07-16-2010, 01:34 PM
Banned

Wow this thread has gone from useful to pointless!
I'm sure this is what the op had in mind for this thread!
Old 07-16-2010, 01:36 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by 93yotaSR5
Wow this thread has gone from useful to pointless!
I'm sure this is what the op had in mind for this thread!
Every thread has it's moments but there is a TON of good info in here on filters, etc...

Fink
Old 07-16-2010, 06:12 PM

Offtopic....yes. Pointless....no. I was very sincere about it. In a different context what I posted might mean something different. Alas, the info is not for everyone. Deleted.

Last edited by thook; 07-16-2010 at 06:16 PM.
Old 07-16-2010, 06:16 PM

Originally Posted by thook
Murphy was just like anyone else. Law of Attraction dictates experience. You get what you give your attention to. That is to say, whatever may be a chronic habit of thought.....a set point.....the strongest tendency. So, while the Universe is full of unlimited potential, what one experiences in life is directly related to habit of thought.

Everytime a person (or any other form of life) has a contrasting experience that causes one to ask, form a preference, they expand. The Universe expands, as well, since there is no seperation. These outflowing desires contribute to the all that is....the unlimited potential. All of this expansion does occur simultaneously and creates parallel universes or potential experience, but one will line up with whatever is chronic for them. We are energetic, vibrational, and magnetic.

Here's the cool factor, though. We have emotions. They are our guidance system.....our connection to source. A negative emotion indicates resistance to this flow. It indicates one has moved away from the expansion they've created for themselves.......their preferred reality. IOW, the larger, non physical, expanded part of themselves is focused in a different way....from a broader perspective, a perspective that encompasses the culmanation of one's experiences.....while the physical counterpart is holding a contrary view....still giving their attention to the thing that cause them to expand. A positive emotion indicates one is moving in the direction of, or lining up with, or giving their attention to the expansion.........that is the expanded version of themselves......what it is they're wanting. A person is only unhappy when the chronic habit is in not lining up with the expansion.

Murphy was a pessimist. Poor guy.....hehehe.

I know it's offtopic, but I felt compelled.

ps. Quantuam physicists/scientists are beginning to prove this in spite of Newtonian perspective. The interesting thing about reality is that it's a catch 22......a parabolic mirror.

Wow, my head hurts now, time to go to bed.
Old 07-16-2010, 06:20 PM

Originally Posted by xxxtreme22r
Wow, my head hurts now, time to go to bed.
Well, it's deleted now.......for the exception of your quote, of course. Take a couple of the blue pills and go to bed. It'll all be here in the morning.....maybe.
Old 09-19-2010, 08:20 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
i know i'm bumping an old thread but whatev

lots of GREAT info.

but i need a clear-cut answer.

would it be better to clean out my stock oil Cooler and run it...or run another filter in it's place with the Union from Toyota.

but keep in mind, my oil cooler has metal shavings in it from my engine eating up some bearings...it's being a pain in the butt cleanin it out....i tried for maybe 20mins today with some B12 and it hasn't made much of an impact...except now instead of being basically Black with oil buildup (on the outside) it's new looking and shiny . but i'm not sure if i trust it going back onto my motor, no matter how much i clean it.

anybody care to give me their opinion?
Old 09-20-2010, 04:34 AM

keep the cooler, replace it with a universal unit if need be. Of course that's just MHO.

Quick Reply: 3.0 dual oil filters installed