Notices
86-95 Trucks & 4Runners 2nd/3rd gen pickups, and 1st/2nd gen 4Runners with IFS

1988 4Runner - I think I messed up

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2016, 10:47 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Charchee, I sanded it down this and painted it and it looked great in my opinion. Thank you! 89fourrunner, I bought por15 on amazon so it should come soon and I will get started on that. I didnt get a chance to do the test though. It had to rain on my only off day I did detail as much as I could and took the stickers off and it looks super clean now. Took a photo of it Do you guys have any tips on restoring the body paint? The trunk has faded.

Last edited by rachadsalem; 11-26-2016 at 10:48 AM.
Old 11-26-2016, 01:09 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by rachadsalem
Charchee, I sanded it down this and painted it and it looked great in my opinion. Thank you! 89fourrunner, I bought por15 on amazon so it should come soon and I will get started on that. I didnt get a chance to do the test though. It had to rain on my only off day I did detail as much as I could and took the stickers off and it looks super clean now. Took a photo of it Do you guys have any tips on restoring the body paint? The trunk has faded.
Just based on the tone difference in your black and white photo, I dont think that is the original tailgate, perhaps thats why it faded so differently (unless its clear coat peeled off?). I had the same issue for that reason and believe it or not the Duplicolor spray cans with my door color code was an exact, and I mean EXACT match for my silver. I prepped the tailgate, taped, did everything I had to do to do a good job and it sprayed suprisingly even and level. But, you can also pay a shop to spray it. The rest of the truck can probsblly be brought back to life with the right xompound and wax combo but I am not detailer. Let someone else chime in.

Last edited by 89fourrunner; 11-26-2016 at 01:10 PM.
Old 11-26-2016, 03:53 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Are those 31x10.5R15 on the 4Runner?
Old 11-26-2016, 04:29 PM

Received 99 Likes on 70 Posts
... Do you guys have any tips on restoring the body paint? The trunk has faded.
I'm not sure what color you have there but so far I know black, white, red and blueberry did not have clear coats. This stuff works great. One of the red 4Runners on here used it and brought a rose colored 4Runner back to bright red. I can't remember who. I bought some and we used it on the black 2000 4Runner and it looks great. It does not have clear coat either. You can read the 167 good reviews on Amazon link below.

https://www.amazon.com/Blue-Magic-TR...HMX9RSQET41C97