84-85 Trucks & 4Runners 2nd gen pickups and 1st gen 4Runners with solid front axles

Vibration and Supra Brake Conversion

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2008 | 04:40 PM

Vibration and Supra Brake Conversion

So I put wheel 1.5 inch wheel spacers on my rig yesterday and I noticed a vibration when slowing between 40-35 mph, and again from 50-45 mph. I'm thinking it probably needs a new bearing? I haven't done much tinkering with it, so I'm not sure which wheel is the sourced of the vibration, but I think that it's probably a good time to replace the bearings anyway. I'm at 170k miles, probably more since it didn't come with the 35's ive got on there now.

I was looking at the Front Range Off Road Full floating conversion, and I thinking it would be great to do it in stages.... Brakes first, then the rest of the swap. The conversion uses Supra brakes, so I was thinking it *should* be possible to do the Supra brake conversion first, then the full float swap later. I could not find any information on that..... anyone done that or know where to find such information?

Thanks in advance.
Old 04-20-2008 | 07:28 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by Diggity
So I put wheel 1.5 inch wheel spacers on my rig yesterday and I noticed a vibration when slowing between 40-35 miles per hour, and again from 50-45 miles per hour. I'm thinking it probably needs a new bearing? I haven't done much tinkering with it, so I'm not sure which wheel is the sourced of the vibration, but I think that it's probably a good time to replace the bearings anyway. I'm at 170k miles, probably more since it didn't come with the 35's ive got on there now.

I was looking at the Front Range Off Road Full floating conversion, and I thinking it would be great to do it in stages.... Brakes first, then the rest of the swap. The conversion uses Supra brakes, so I was thinking it *should* be possible to do the Supra brake conversion first, then the full float swap later. I could not find any information on that..... anyone done that or know where to find such information?

Thanks in advance.
Why not contact Brian at Front Range. Unless things have changed with the kit, the Supra caliper mounting tabs are part of the adapter that goes on the end of the axle tubes to which the FF spindles bolt onto. If that is still the case, then you need to do it all at once.