84-85 Trucks & 4Runners 2nd gen pickups and 1st gen 4Runners with solid front axles

Frame off resto progress, parts ?'s

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2008 | 10:43 AM

Frame off resto progress, parts ?'s

Finally got the cab back from paint last week, had been working on the frame in the meantime. After a bunch of logistics involving my rolling dolly the two are now joined again and I'm starting on the reassembly (finally!). There are some parts I need and I'm tired of bugging the crap of my buddy at the dealer. Never was able to get the parts CD's to work, but not for lack of trying. Need a few used parts too, thought I'd toss them in here since I never get a response in the parts wanted section. What I really need is a new "friend" who can look stuff up for me. Will pay in beer, parts, whatever

This I have a part number for:
pinch bolt, lower steering u-joint to steering box #90101-08070

These I don't.
top/front steering box to frame bolt, the one that's a pain to get to. Should be shorter than the other 3. #?
metal bracket for lower steering joint plastic cover. This bolts to the frame and goes into a slot on the bottom of the big bullet shaped plastic guard. #?

Stuff that's not available new:
84-85 BIG side view mirrors, the kind that have two mounting points and swing away at the door
rear interior panel, tan (covers the whole area behind the seats, mine looks like crap)
brown vinyl floor mat for std. cab (alternative is the black rubber kind from Jacque Whitney, anybody tried one?)
Driver's side arm rest, BIG SR5 type.
Brown vinyl non-sr5 door panels (I'm downgrading, I don't like fuzzy doors)

If you have the above or can supply a part number please share!
More pics as I go.

Thanks,
Allen
Attached Thumbnails Frame off resto progress, parts ?'s-cabb1.jpg   Frame off resto progress, parts ?'s-cab.jpg   Frame off resto progress, parts ?'s-frame.jpg  
Old 07-28-2008 | 04:07 PM

I could get the numbers for you. The bolt should be easy (pic?). The other part you will need to take a pic of it or the location of where it's installed. I'll need your VIN, you could PM me if you dont want to post that. If not, give me the year model (DLX, SR5, etc.) standard/automatic. You know, the usual.
I work at a Lexus dealer and parts could look up Toyota stuff.
Old 08-13-2008 | 09:16 AM

Great looking progress so far! I put a JC Witney molded carpet kit in my 85 about a year ago. I would highly recommend it! The fit was great and the carpet really keeps the sounds and noise to a minimum! Keep us updated on your progress!