84-85 Trucks & 4Runners 2nd gen pickups and 1st gen 4Runners with solid front axles

Ecm 89550-35300

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2021 | 06:46 PM

Ecm 89550-35300

So I didn't get it in time but I'm still looking for all the specs and diagrams for this ECM so I can hook it up properly, Fujitsu ten limited was kind of a bunch of assholes when I called I said it was only for dealers and I need to give a code, I mentioned it's a 1985 Toyota pickup, no dealers even have the information. "Well that's unfortunate." So I got the dealer code from Toyota today and I hope that I get the same guy who basically said piss off. I don't know about the legality of it but I was thinking I might post it straight away tomorrow morning.
Old 09-30-2021 | 08:07 PM

???

What code are you talking about???

If the code is to get access to dealer only sites, then it is only for dealer use, not yours.

Fujitsu ten made these special emissions control boxes for Toyota decades ago. It is unlikely you will find a person on the phone know what you are talking about.

If you are just looking for a wiring diagram, you can find it in the Factory Repair Manual. It can get confusing since the diagrams show the wiring for the EFI ECU as well as the emission control units for both Federal and California Emissions equipped vehicles.

I have put a red arrow pointing to the California Emissions Control unit, which is what I think you are looking for.

I personally find that reading off of a paper copy of the Factory Repair Manual to be much easier than going though a bunch of PDFs.

If you don't have one already, I would suggest you get one. I have the full 1985 Factory Repair Manual in PDF form if you need it.

Last edited by old87yota; 09-30-2021 at 08:08 PM.
Old 10-01-2021 | 04:42 AM

....ok

Some rules are meant to be bent, others broken. That's just the way things are. I believe in right to repair, and anybody who tells you differently has no clue what ethics and morality truly mean. If you buy something it's yours. When you buy something you shouldn't have to pay for somebody else to fix it if you can do it yourself, so when they deny you the information that you need to fix it yourself they're extorting you. And what I need is not on those diagrams. But I don't have the equipment to gather the data from the module itself. So I'll see if it works, I got the code but somehow I doubt that they're going to give it to me anyways when I give them a email account that isn't something like likelyunderpaidemployee@toyota.com. no information should ever be denied to anyone.... Unless I'm missing something it doesn't tell anything about voltages, the type of memory, specifics about the computer itself because every single computer has hidden data. And if I'm not using factory harness, if I'm doing an entire rewiring, I need a little more data. Besides he pissed me off, and I'm a petty petty borderline personality. Lol.

Last edited by Darylzane; 10-01-2021 at 04:46 AM.
Old 10-01-2021 | 01:47 PM

I forgot

I totally meant to say thank you for what you provided there was information that I didn't have there but I still am missing a piece of the puzzle. Soon I know voltages if I'm doing an entire rewire, lengths of the wires, sizes. I may just be a nipped but I haven't found that information anywhere about how much current to feed it. Much less how to test and see if it's working correctly. But I would love a PDF of the owners manual because I tried to get it through Toyota sign up for a couple of weeks now and every single time, for some reason I cannot get through without getting some kind of error from their website.

But yes thank you please I would really appreciate that PDF. I've been using a Haynes manual and then I also have the base model so slim Pickens on everything but it's all wired like there's an AC wired completely up but there's no AC components at all no compressor no nothing. Even the fuses there. And it turns out that there was not one single chassis ground properly done.