84-85 Trucks & 4Runners 2nd gen pickups and 1st gen 4Runners with solid front axles

1st Gen 4runner and Pickup In Cab Cage - *NEW PRODUCT*

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2008 | 07:54 AM
ORS

1st Gen 4runner and Pickup In Cab Cage - *NEW PRODUCT*

We have received many requests for an in cab cage for the 1st gen. 4runners, and pickups, and finally have a product that will meet everyone's needs.

Front In Cab Cage Kit - ORS-CA103 $589.00

The Off Road Solutions '84-'89 In-Cab Cage Kit is our most comprehensive cage kit yet. This cage kit includes a main hoop, 2 A-pillars, a center overhead tube, 2 upper horizontal tubes, 4 foot plates, 2 gussetts and hardware. The majority of the kit is constructed with 1.75" x .120 wall DOM steel tubing. The 2 upper horizontal tubes are constructed of 1.5" x .120 wall DOM steel tube. This kit will retain full use of the windows, glove box, seat belts, seats and partial use of the visors. This ORS cage kit is designed to fit the vehicle very tight to provide the passengers with maximum interior space. This kit is sold non-assembled and will require assembly/welding. All tubing is pre-bent, pre-cut and pre-notched. No or very little fitting is required for a perfect fit.

Rear In Cab Cage Kit - ORS-CA104 $669.00
The Off Road Solutions '84-'88 4Runner Rear Cage Kit is truly one-of-a-kind. This kit is a great addition to our In-Cab Cage Kit (front) to extend your cage to the rear of the vehicle. This kit includes a rear hoop, 4 "mid" stringers, 2 rear down-tubes, 2 rear side-tubes, a rear center brace, 4 footplates and hardware. The majority of the kit is constructed from 1.75" x .120 wall DOM steel tubing and the top center stringers are constructed of 1.5" x .120 wall DOM steel tubing. This kit is sold non-assembled and will require assembly/welding. All tubing is pre-bent, pre-cut, and pre-notched. No or very little fitting is required for a perfect install.

This cage is kit is uniquely styled to look very unique, especially with the top removed. This kit is also designed to fit inside the top very tightly, providing the passengers with as much interior room as possible. The ORS cage kit will bolt directly to the rear fender in place of the OEM "rollbar". A large foot plate is also included to tie to the rear corner of the body. As with the front kit, the rear footplates are designed to be extra-large and have the abililty to "tie" to the body x frame mounts. This will provide superior mounting strength.

Other products are available for this kit as well, see our site for more details!
http://www.offroadsolutions.com/newproducts.html
Old 08-23-2008 | 04:54 PM
Contributing Member

Correct me if I'm wrong, I calculate $1258.00 (parts) for the front & back kits?

Shipping included?

Not that it's not nice, because it is. I'd love to have one in my 4runner. Just seems a little steep to me.
Old 08-24-2008 | 10:02 AM

I'm sure it's a quality cage but, it seems a bit pricey. How does it compare to: http://shop.eoronline.com/product.sc...2&productId=17 ? ------Hans

Last edited by Oatmeal; 08-24-2008 at 10:04 AM.
Old 08-24-2008 | 11:37 AM
Donny, you're out of your element

If ya'll think its pricey, go buy some steel stock and fab it up yourselfs Steel is effin expensive. Just the steel would cost about $500 or MORE.
Old 08-24-2008 | 01:09 PM

Originally Posted by DeathCougar
If ya'll think its pricey, go buy some steel stock and fab it up yourselfs Steel is effin expensive. Just the steel would cost about $500 or MORE.
So then, Essentially Offroad's cage kit at $380......they must be loosing money on that one! What are you smoking? --------Hans
Old 08-24-2008 | 02:08 PM

Originally Posted by Oatmeal
So then, Essentially Offroad's cage kit at $380......they must be loosing money on that one! What are you smoking? --------Hans
http://shop.eoronline.com/product.sc...2&productId=17

That cage? Which is about 1/2 of the tubing as in the ORS kit? You are comparing a 1/2 kit to a complete kit.

You also have to compare the tube size and thickness used in the application. Essentially offroad skimps by using 1.62 DOM tubing, where the ORS kit uses 1.75 x .120 DOM tubing.

Is the ORS kit a little spendy? Yea maybe a little high. however the cost of steel is WAY high and keeps going up. THAT is an undisputable fact.

Thats what I am "smoking" Think before you type next time.

Last edited by DeathCougar; 08-24-2008 at 02:16 PM.
Old 08-24-2008 | 10:06 PM

http://shop.eoronline.com/product.sc...2&productId=17

That cage? Which is about 1/2 of the tubing as in the ORS kit? You are comparing a 1/2 kit to a complete kit.

You also have to compare the tube size and thickness used in the application. Essentially offroad skimps by using 1.62 DOM tubing, where the ORS kit uses 1.75 x .120 DOM tubing.

Is the ORS kit a little spendy? Yea maybe a little high. however the cost of steel is WAY high and keeps going up. THAT is an undisputable fact.

Thats what I am "smoking" Think before you type next time.
http://www.ballisticfabrication.com/...foot_c_18.html Do the math wise guy.....you're telling me they're using about 50' of tubing to build that cage, I don't think so and by the way, that's retail price, I'm sure they get it alot cheaper than that. Do a little research before you start spouting out inaccurate facts Oh, yeah...Essentially Offroad's cage is a complete front cage not 1/2 a kit.....again, what are you smoking?--------Hans

Last edited by Oatmeal; 08-24-2008 at 10:10 PM.
Old 08-25-2008 | 06:21 AM

Retail price is exactly what a walk-in person would be paying. And i would be interested to know exactly how much tubing IS being used. 50 feet adds up fast, especially with full cages.

The $400 EO kit YOU were talking is NOT a complete cage, its only a FRONT CAGE. Their complete kit is $600, with smaller tubing, and not as good quality IMO.

You can't compare apples to oranges and say they are the same thing
Old 08-25-2008 | 06:48 AM
Fossilized

essentially offroad using 1.625 and what looks like 2 outside roof supports...and neither of the two pictures on their website appear to show a complete cage "Each kit includes 2 front side legs, 1 rear hoop, and 4 footplates" --no windshield crossbar???

ORS: 1.75 and 2 middle roof supports in addition to the outside roof supports

based on product descriptions I would go with the ORS cage..
Old 08-25-2008 | 06:55 AM

its so funny when people try to argue with DC
Old 08-25-2008 | 07:38 AM

You gonna share?

Hats off to ORS for another quality product.... I think it looks great..especially the rear section. very simple and functional
Old 08-25-2008 | 09:11 AM
ORS

Originally Posted by 1985 4Runner
Correct me if I'm wrong, I calculate $1258.00 (parts) for the front & back kits?

Shipping included?

Not that it's not nice, because it is. I'd love to have one in my 4runner. Just seems a little steep to me.
Originally Posted by Oatmeal
I'm sure it's a quality cage but, it seems a bit pricey. How does it compare to: http://shop.eoronline.com/product.sc...2&productId=17 ? ------Hans
Thanks for the compliments. Unfortunately with the amount of tubing used, tubing not used ("trash"), labor and miscellaneous supplies the cost is actually alot higher than you would imagine. We try to keep all of our products priced fair for the quality you get. We do not aim to be the cheapest out there, but we do aim to be the best and offer a product you can rely on.

Unfortunately everytime we get a steel order the price goes up and up and up.

So very true. Unfortunately.

Originally Posted by dirtoyboy
You gonna share?

Hats off to ORS for another quality product.... I think it looks great..especially the rear section. very simple and functional
Thank you!

We also want to point out that our kit has the option to add that rear cage kit, where I think the other kit posted did not from what I could tell (I may be wrong). Along with the other options available in our kit and the HUGE footplates we use. ALso, our kit is already notched and ready to go. You basically just have to put it in the truck and weld it up (sometimes a little more work is involved depending on each individual application).

We like to provide the best quality, as affordable as possible, but our main goal is not to beat everyone's prices. We want our customers to know what they are getting will hold strong through the years and that they can rely on it. And us for any customer service issues they may come across.

~Una
Old 08-25-2008 | 09:17 AM

Originally Posted by dirtoyboy
You gonna share?

Only with Oatmeal, since apparently he needs it to keep living in dreamland.
Old 08-25-2008 | 02:31 PM

I would like to see foot space under A-pillar.
Does it go straight to the body mount?

looks sick!!!!
Old 08-26-2008 | 07:12 AM
ORS

More pictures

FRONT CAGE:

REAR CAGE

Old 08-26-2008 | 05:10 PM

Man that looks good. Nice work. If I had the cash......
Old 08-31-2008 | 07:02 PM
Contributing Member

ORS,

Thanks for the reply & explaining your pricing.

Have you considered offering a less expansive version made of HREW instead DOM or a combo price for both front & back kits?

I know Adam at 4xInnovations has a HREW kit, front & back for less than $450.00
Old 09-02-2008 | 07:07 AM
ORS

We are not willing to compromise the quality of our products to lower the price. I know that may not make total sense to the consumer at times, however we want people to know when they come to us that every product is as good as it can be and made of top notch materials!

I hope that makes sense
Old 12-07-2008 | 08:37 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by ORS
We are not willing to compromise the quality of our products to lower the price. I know that may not make total sense to the consumer at times, however we want people to know when they come to us that every product is as good as it can be and made of top notch materials!

I hope that makes sense

It does. I just read on your website that your facility in CO is closing permanently on December 18th, are you relocating?
Old 12-07-2008 | 09:24 PM

I hope you guys relocate and I hope everything works out. I am new to the 1st gen runner and your cage was the only one that appealed to me. I wish you the best and I will be watching you.