Pre 84 Trucks 1st gen pickups

Today is a sad day.

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2008, 10:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by infiltrator
you guys may disagree with this, but this is my mentality when i drive.

my 4runner is a tank. its metal. it can withstand a lot.
when i drive in downtown LA or Hollywood, i drive with this mentality
i think, make sure if you get in an accident that they hit you

i drive very carefully at times.. but i can say i get mad too. lets just say im pretty damn good at driving and parking my truck.
you guys would clap if you have seen the parking spots i fit into.

i used to deliver pizza's and its a great paying job. you can make 100 bucks for about 6 hours of work easily...
but i will never drive my baby on something like that. its not worth it. time is money. but i would never cut out in front of someone.

i also am stereotypical when it comes to driving. i get it from my family. its bad i know, and i know not everyone drives that way, but i have to say, it follows some rules here and there (not to mention any stereotype or any names..)
Let me guess...you're a teenager?
Old 01-01-2008, 12:43 PM

here is what should be the link to my pictures. let me know if it doesn't work. yea i was thinking about just getting a new cab for it. but my dad's saying "well the frame is probably really tweeked. and its going to caust alot of money." buy the frame seems in really good shape still. and i don't really care how much it will caust. it'll only be a few hundred any way i think. it still runs great (or as well as it did before the crash). or i may just part it out and sell it. I'd really like to bring it back to life though. thank you guys for your comments. http://s271.photobucket.com/albums/jj142/firstgenyota/
Old 01-01-2008, 01:24 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
no im serious, if you don't take control, you will get walked all over down here. you need to be assertive, or you will have 10 people cut you off, and never get anywhere.
Old 01-01-2008, 01:26 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
use photobucket and use the img code (last one) and paste on here
Old 01-01-2008, 01:34 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If you want another 1979 4x4, here's a sweet one in central NC for $2K

http://raleigh.craigslist.org/car/494159272.html
Old 01-01-2008, 01:53 PM

Here are your pics. You'll have to click on "EDIT" to resize them to message board size in photobucket.

Old 01-01-2008, 01:57 PM
Contributing Member

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Wow! Poor truck, but hey time to cab swap, and flat deck it
Old 01-01-2008, 02:04 PM

nothin a hammer and some bondo won't take care of

Seriously, that sucks
Old 01-01-2008, 02:17 PM

trail beater time. like jay351 said new cab and a flatbed, and maybe som hammer time on the front end.
Old 01-02-2008, 05:09 AM
Contributing Member

ahhh that'll buff right out...
The frames on the toyota truck are really solid from the looks of it the topside was what took the damage so you should be able to rebuild her but for what it might cost in parts you might be able to pick up another one complete.
Old 01-02-2008, 06:22 AM
Contributing Member

Here ya go First gen -
EDITED: I posted all of your pics, but someone had beat me to it.
Old 01-02-2008, 07:11 AM

Ouch, Looks like your lucky you didn't get hurt. Fred
Old 01-02-2008, 08:55 AM

thanks whitey 13 for posting the pics. and thank you 04 rocko taco for doin the same. before i roled it i was planning to make a crawler. I just don't know if i'm going to have the money to fix this guy up. I need to get a new car and i'm not sure how much the guys insurance is going to give me (thanks seairescue for the link i need to proove how much my truck is worth. but there's no way i could get to north carolina.) i could wait a year till i finish boot camp and have some money and get started. dono how good that would be for my truck though. then again i could make alot of people happy by parting it out. any one need a back window its fine, just needs a new latch.

Last edited by first gen. yota; 01-02-2008 at 09:00 AM.
Old 01-02-2008, 09:10 AM

does any one know how much a cab would cost at a pick a part or something.

Last edited by aviator; 01-02-2008 at 11:26 AM.
Old 01-02-2008, 09:46 AM

Originally Posted by infiltrator
no im serious, if you don't take control, you will get walked all over down here. you need to be assertive, or you will have 10 people cut you off, and never get anywhere.
gotta love LA traffic. especially the 405. It just one of those places you have to be aggressive or you just wont get ANYWHERE. Too Bad its the truth, I was diving down to Hunington beach the other day and i saw 5, five, accident in a span on 1.5 hrs. One involved me. i was stopped in traffic on a hill and the guy in front of my driving a little manual car let off the break a little and just rolled into the front of me. i was in the 4gen and there wasn't a scratch. there was another one that happened 15 seconds in front of me, unfortunately it involved a 3gen that got rear ended badly, hope it was no one on this forum and that they are safe.

I hate LA traffic.
Old 01-02-2008, 10:50 AM

Originally Posted by first gen. yota
caust
sweet lord, my eyes. i try to keep quiet because i know it's annoying, but i mean, seriously. for the love of god!
Old 01-02-2008, 11:34 AM
Contributing Member

K' Issac I fixed dat spellin' mistake for you der cause you brought it up... but meybe 'he was tryin' to sounds like one a dem der souther'n types fer de small joke eh?
(like I was just doin' quebecois eh?) LOL
(I woulda typed it in newfie but then nobody but us canucks would have been able to read it eh?)
Pardonez moi for de small hyjack...
Old 01-02-2008, 01:06 PM

Man look at it this way,

You wanted to turn it into a crawler, right?

Great, now you have already picked out everything you get to remove! fenders, bed, hood, cab. With the money you get back buy some demo & fab tools. Like an acetylene torch, a sawzall, and a welder. If you have any left over get some tubing. Look up some frame up designs, I am sure you will find something good.

Around here your motor, frame and axles are a good combo, High clearance, low weight, good gearing and generally pretty tough stuff. I see and work on rigs here that would blow your mind, and some are started because of the same situation you are in. Get to learning some welding and fab techniques you can now practice on your own rig.

Now, do realize that this will leave your rig as a dedicated crawler, Yea! no emissions, bumper heights, etc.. You will have to tow it (or just buy a pizza bag to ward off the cops). But you can get a healthy yota still.

Radiator support, crossmembers, firewall. Or you could just drop your fenders and chop the top make a flat bed out of it. Give it a healthy lift, good rubber and a nice tune up.

Good Luck
Old 01-02-2008, 01:21 PM

Originally Posted by aviator
K' Issac I fixed dat spellin' mistake for you der cause you brought it up... but meybe 'he was tryin' to sounds like one a dem der souther'n types fer de small joke eh?
(like I was just doin' quebecois eh?) LOL
(I woulda typed it in newfie but then nobody but us canucks would have been able to read it eh?)
Pardonez moi for de small hyjack...
hahaha.. yeeis bye! gazeebow unit!

ah, good old newf. thanks for the fix. i'm usually okay at beating down the grammar nazi within but sometimes he comes out anyways. haha
Old 01-02-2008, 04:05 PM
Contributing Member

Actually I'm not a newf but I figured newfie/bluenose it's all de same ting eh? lol

Quick Reply: Today is a sad day.