Pre 84 Trucks 1st gen pickups

Today is a sad day.

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2007, 01:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Today is a sad day.

Just bought a 79 toyota pickup 4x4 about 4 months ago, and finnished paying it off about a month ago. So i was driving home yesterday and a dominos dilivery guy started to cut me off. i hit my brakes then swirved and my truck began to roll. it was a very sad night for me. it was a good thing i had just gotten one more day of off roading in it yesterday as well. I will post some pics once i find were they towed my truck to. its pretty banged up.
Old 12-30-2007, 01:26 PM
Contributing Member

That sounds really sad man, but she saved your life which is a good way for any truck to go. Always hate to hear about one of the rare ones buying it. Is she salvageable? How are you? did you get the number of that domino jerk?
Check recent posts there is a member here with access to a yard FULL of trucks mostly 2 gens from the pics but there are a few 1 gens in there also maybe he can help you.
Condolences Aviator
Old 12-30-2007, 06:49 PM

totaled

no man. believe me I wan't nothing mor than to salvage that truck. but I'm pretty sure it's done for. the roof is all calaped on the drivers side from what i saw but everything sort of went really fast. but your right the truck did keep me alive. my seat belt broke though, i had to hold onto the wheel really tight. I'm going to try to ebay some of the parts. these things are getting sort of hard to find parts for. and alot of 2nd gens. like to use the solid front axle. so I'm going to see what i can do.
Old 12-30-2007, 07:08 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
R.I.P.
Glad you're alright, though. Were you going to post pics?
Where is the salvage yard you spoke of, or the name of the guy, do you remember? We got practically nothing to chose from here in Reno, NV for salvaged Toyota stuff.
Sorry if I jacked the thred.
Old 12-30-2007, 07:14 PM

One of the nice things about a pickup over a car is that you can replace the cab.

As long as the frame is still straight, why not look into getting a new ca frame to bolt on...?
Old 12-30-2007, 07:20 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Screw pizza drivers they suck A$$ at driving and i mean all of them. one screwed my family over in a similar incident. The pizza boy left my mom and two sisters in a totoaled car delivered the pizza and came back about 20 min later. F him and all the crappy pizza drivers of america. lay off the drugs and drinking while on the job. he got away with it all and my mom had to take all the blame.

Sorry to offend some but learn to drive if you suck stay off the roads
Old 12-30-2007, 07:22 PM

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
nothing is ever wrecked beyond repair lol
everybody said my truck was a total loss when i wrecked it but with a new cab and axle under it i drove it to my graduation

now she's gettin some more attention and rising from the ashes lol
Old 12-30-2007, 09:43 PM

Originally Posted by fillsrunner4
Screw pizza drivers they suck A$$ at driving and i mean all of them. one screwed my family over in a similar incident. The pizza boy left my mom and two sisters in a totoaled car delivered the pizza and came back about 20 min later. F him and all the crappy pizza drivers of america. lay off the drugs and drinking while on the job. he got away with it all and my mom had to take all the blame.

way to tar everyone with the same brush. i deliver pizzas and i'm accident free. whose fault was the accident? why did your mom have to "take all the blame" if she wasn't at fault?

maybe it's an american trend? ;D

i have to drive safe.. if i wreck my vehicle i'm out of a job.
Old 12-30-2007, 09:50 PM

HAHA i was
And like i also said
I just had to rant. It was my moms fault because she was in back. (yet the driver in front fled the scene not even thinking if anyone was hurt and yes they were so he should have been arrested for leaving the site and thats the law) Why wasnt he well cops around here are idiots and dont know the laws them selves but thats another story im not going to get into. The guys lights were out on a rainy night and he slammed on the brakes to make a turn he couldnt make due to oncoming traffic. Ive to to say sorry again for slamming everyone (pizza drivers) but if your job includes driving atleast be a good driver.
Old 12-30-2007, 09:55 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I do deliverys in box trucks and have deadlines to meet but I never put my safety or others just to save myself the hassle of dealing w/ a pissed off customer and/or boss because I missed a turn or someone gave me the wrong delivery address or for any reason.

But I've been T-boned and in the hospital, I know what its like to have your life changed in a second and TRUST me its not worth getting somewhere ontime.

but not everyone has that experience in life to realize it.

SO BE A DEFENSIVE DRIVER. =)

Sorry about your rig man =( My truck got backed into last week. Nothing at all compared to your accident but same process of insurance and hassle. Get the payout and salvage it if you can, or go on the hunt for a new rig. might buy it back (it should be really cheap) and use it for parts. thats what id do.
Old 12-30-2007, 09:55 PM

Its also kinda like taxi drivers around here atleast they speed and swerve all over the road and cut you off. (NOT ALL ) its a fact that drivers with signs such as taxi, pizza, any type of delivery, ect... get away with murder on the roads. its there job to drive and represent a company but that doesnt give them the right to break laws others get tickets for. It a trend i see all to often. And like you say not all and i dont mean ALL but more than you think
Old 12-30-2007, 09:58 PM

Sorry to rant on your thread Firstgen yota that truely sucks
Old 12-30-2007, 10:02 PM

HAHA i was
And like i also said
I just had to rant. It was my moms fault because she was in back. (yet the driver in front fled the scene not even thinking if anyone was hurt and yes they were so he should have been arrested for leaving the site and thats the law) Why wasnt he well cops around here are idiots and dont know the laws them selves but thats another story im not going to get into. The guys lights were out on a rainy night and he slammed on the brakes to make a turn he couldnt make due to oncoming traffic. Ive to to say sorry again for slamming everyone (pizza drivers) but if your job includes driving atleast be a good driver.
The same thing happened to a friend of mine, he was driving at night and turned onto a street and some stupid lady was backing up in the middle of the road with no lights on or backup lights either, he didn't even have a second to react and we slammed right into her, and it was deemed his fault because he was behind her, stupid bs, and it happened in sammamish too right by the safeway, years ago before they had any streetlights around there

sorry to hear about another accident, but at least you're okay and you'll be getting some sort of compensation for your truck, although it's never enough
Old 12-30-2007, 10:06 PM

its a fact that drivers with signs such as taxi, pizza, any type of delivery, ect... get away with murder on the roads.
ah, now that, i can agree with. i've been pulled over a few times for speeding (60 or 65 in a 50 zone in the middle of the night) and once for rolling a flashing red light. both times the cop saw my bright red pizza bag and sent me on my way without even checking my license. they act pretty stern but it's a license to kill, really. i think most of the time when i get pulled over at night they're mostly concerned i'm drunk - we get a lot of drunk driving around here, especially kids my age coming home from the bars.

a while back my safety was expired and i was waiting to get the truck re-inspected because i needed to replace my brake shoes. i went through 4 roadblocks (checking safety stickers specifically) in a single night and they waved me right through every time. it's great!

i've delivered for years, including a few months driving a 5-ton box truck, and it's been the best defensive driving practice i've ever had. driving around at 4am dodging drunken students who run into the road with reckless abandon really hones the senses.

sorry for the hijack ;D
Old 12-30-2007, 10:08 PM

Originally Posted by b.miller123
The same thing happened to a friend of mine, he was driving at night and turned onto a street and some stupid lady was backing up in the middle of the road with no lights on or backup lights either,
that kind of thing riles me up. i've been known to lean out the window and scream at people who don't turn on their lights, or who drive with only their parking lights on. these are the people who are so oblivious to what's going on around them that they run red lights and stop signs and clip pedestrians without even realizing. it's stunning.
Old 12-30-2007, 10:11 PM

Originally Posted by b.miller123
The same thing happened to a friend of mine, he was driving at night and turned onto a street and some stupid lady was backing up in the middle of the road with no lights on or backup lights either, he didn't even have a second to react and we slammed right into her, and it was deemed his fault because he was behind her, stupid bs, and it happened in sammamish too right by the safeway, years ago before they had any streetlights around there

sorry to hear about another accident, but at least you're okay and you'll be getting some sort of compensation for your truck, although it's never enough
Good old sammamish its took place on that main road more towards fallcity road. The cops around here are idiots. My sister also totoaled my subaru in that main safeway intersection when the power went out and a women ran the light out of turn and because my sister was younger she got the blame.No tickets nor real fault was given yet the women (who claimed had no idea what when on) got Chiropractic help for her and 3 of her kids and a new car all off my families insurance. UMMMMM the accident happend going 5mph COME ON insurance investigate incidednts like this and get the frauds. Needless to say i dont trust the Law, ,insurance nor the Gov for just about anything.
Old 12-30-2007, 10:14 PM

Originally Posted by isaac338
that kind of thing riles me up. i've been known to lean out the window and scream at people who don't turn on their lights, or who drive with only their parking lights on. these are the people who are so oblivious to what's going on around them that they run red lights and stop signs and clip pedestrians without even realizing. it's stunning.
Yeah, my wife doesn't get why I get so pissed off a blatantly stupid drivers, people driving with thier lights off, going the speed limit in the fast lane when the people in the right lane are going the same speed, and just not paying any attention to thier surroundings in general Hello? they are directing a vehicle weighing 3-4 thousand pounds at speeds that are fast enough to kill, and they don't even know what the speed limit is or have any clue what is going on other than what is happening inside of thier car

Sorry, hijack over
Old 12-30-2007, 10:22 PM

Good old sammamish its took place on that main road more towards fallcity road. The cops around here are idiots. My sister also totoaled my subaru in that main safeway intersection when the power went out and a women ran the light out of turn and because my sister was younger she got the blame.No tickets nor real fault was given yet the women (who claimed had no idea what when on) got Chiropractic help for her and 3 of her kids and a new car all off my families insurance. UMMMMM the accident happend going 5mph COME ON insurance investigate incidednts like this and get the frauds. Needless to say i dont trust the Law, ,insurance nor the Gov for just about anything.
yeah, i had a lady try and say that she needed to go to hospital after i scratched her bumper in a parking lot, then later she wanted me to buy her a whole new bumper, she wanted like $400 for it, and I asked what shop she was having the work done at and I would be happy to pay them, after getting a few threatening phone calls from her jackass of a husband, I told them to send me a quote from a shop and I would pay for it out of pocket, they never sent one, then about a month later thier insurance company called me, I told them about the "accident" and what the damage was, what they wanted, and what I asked of them (just a quote) and that they never sent one, the insurance lady was like "ok that's all I need to hear" and that was the last I heard from anybody,
I hate scammers

^^^That one happened in Bellevue

okay, hijack over, again

Last edited by b.miller123; 12-30-2007 at 10:24 PM.
Old 12-30-2007, 11:16 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
you guys may disagree with this, but this is my mentality when i drive.

my 4runner is a tank. its metal. it can withstand a lot.
when i drive in downtown LA or Hollywood, i drive with this mentality
i think, make sure if you get in an accident that they hit you

i drive very carefully at times.. but i can say i get mad too. lets just say im pretty damn good at driving and parking my truck.
you guys would clap if you have seen the parking spots i fit into.

i used to deliver pizza's and its a great paying job. you can make 100 bucks for about 6 hours of work easily...
but i will never drive my baby on something like that. its not worth it. time is money. but i would never cut out in front of someone.

i also am stereotypical when it comes to driving. i get it from my family. its bad i know, and i know not everyone drives that way, but i have to say, it follows some rules here and there (not to mention any stereotype or any names..)
Old 01-01-2008, 10:27 AM

how do i post my freekin pictures. and how much do you guys think i should be getting for my truck from his incurance.

Last edited by first gen. yota; 01-01-2008 at 10:29 AM.

Quick Reply: Today is a sad day.