Trip-Trail Reports & Photos Share trail reports and your digitized photos here

Return to Sedona, Az. 6/13 to 6/14

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2008 | 04:08 PM

Return to Sedona, Az. 6/13 to 6/14

Left Yuma at 4am Friday morning and made it up to the Sedona Area around 10 am and took Schenbly Hill Road into Sedona and into camp around noon (not to soon either most of the campsite were getting full). Headed back out a little after 1pm (had to take a nap)and returned to camp around 7pm. Here are the photo's from day 1

Schnebly Hill Road:

Camp:

Van Deren Cabin (last time I was in Sedona this area was closed due to the rain):

Oak Creek Homestead (the creek last time was overfollowing and you could only run the first hald of the trail):

Shelf road down-

What's left of the cabin-

Backup-

This was overflowing with water last time:

Some from the Broken Arrow area. About 4-5 pink jeeps were on the trail, a Chevy Avachcle, exo-caged Samuri and a toyota pickup w/ flat bed (no photo's of those):

End of Day 1

Day two I was supposed to meet up with a few people from the Yuma4wheelers but our times got mixed up and we missed each other by about an hour. So it was another solo day of driving for me and a new trail ( )

Solider's Pass (this area looks better with water flowing though it):

Smiley Rock trail (a new trail for me and part of The Great Western Trail):
Jerome's own Ghost town-

Trail -

Got to love stupid people for shooting up signs:

Martin Canyon portion of the trail (more than what I wanted in one area)

Anyone for a drink:

Overall, it was a great trip and saw some great country side which I really miss. Here's the rest of album-
http://s162.photobucket.com/albums/t...0to%206-14-08/

Here is the bad:
On the first road I hit all the rattles and creaks that I thought I fixed returned. Along, with a new clicking noise .
Along the Van Deren Cabin my 4runner spudder then died (sound like it wasn't getting fuel) after that I had a nice gas/oil fumes for the rest of day (only off and on at times)but it went away on the second day . Lost the same nut to my rear sway bar links (found that out today and it was torqued correctly) and learned that even a bud built skid can be bent.
Add more dents to the gas tank skid as well.

https://www.yotatech.com/forums/f123.../#post50852640

Last edited by wormhole; 06-15-2008 at 04:13 PM.
Old 06-15-2008 | 07:44 PM

Looks like a good time. It’s always a little tricky to be so far from home breaking things and hearing new noises. You do this trip solo?
Old 06-15-2008 | 08:00 PM

those sights are amazing I hope to make a trip out west in a year or so right now building a house is getting most of my out of town funds.
Old 06-15-2008 | 08:23 PM

Originally Posted by Vermejo
Looks like a good time. It’s always a little tricky to be so far from home breaking things and hearing new noises. You do this trip solo?
I was supposed to meet two other people on Saturday to run the last trail but we got times mixed up and missed each other by and hour.

Yes, this was solo for me. The trails I ran on Friday I've done before with the expection of Van Deren but it was rated an easy trail (you could take a car on it with care). Smiley Rock however was supposed to be run with the other people on Saturday but since we missed each other I headed out that way. Thr trail was pretty easy expect for that part though Martin Canyon.