General Vehicle Related Topics (Non Year Related) If topic doesn't apply to Toyotas whatsoever, it should be in Off Topic

Chinese 2nd Gen based truck

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2005, 12:15 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Chinese 2nd Gen based truck

Hey guys, have you seen this chinese model based in a 2nd Gen 4Runner? It is beginning to be exported, Russia has been the first country, and I think Spain will be in the list.

It has two diesel engines 2.2TD with 116HP and 2.8HP with 156cv, plus a petrol 3.0 V6 with 160HP.

Pics:

(Is that hub an Aisin?)

Those tail lights are cool (I think I've seen them selling in UK sites)

Don't know how the make is named.

David

Last edited by Blizzard; 05-06-2005 at 12:22 AM.
Old 05-06-2005, 12:20 AM

The brand is Great Wall (Original...) and the model is Safe G5.

Anyone speaks russian? http://www.kolesa.ru/article/name/89_test_gw.html

David
Old 05-06-2005, 12:23 AM

WOW! The hubs are Aisin!

Old 05-06-2005, 12:46 AM

Originally Posted by Blizzard
The brand is Great Wall (Original...) and the model is Safe G5.

Anyone speaks russian? http://www.kolesa.ru/article/name/89_test_gw.html

David
Buzzard here is the rough translation:

Not each citizen of Russia in a condition to estimate advantages of the Swiss hours or banks, and here to argue on "Japanese" with "Germans" the most part of the man's population, and recently - and half female is ready. And certainly, it is necessary to production of any automobile mark to leave on the world market, she(it) and will define(determine) image of the country of "registration". Look on all these Hammers and Taguss skipping on rails in a detour of a fuse on Лиговке - unless not an embodiment American великодержавности? And Japan without Субару and Тойоты? Simply кучка islands in сейсмоопасной to a zone. And Germans without BMW and Mercedes? The losers lost practically all wars since times of wreck of Sacred Roman empire
So occurrence in the international automobile market new the country - player - the phenomenon [

AUTOGRAPHY
Great Wall Safe G5
It is still known as
Cж646ODY
The prototype
Toyota 4Runner (1989)
The beginning of manufacture
Кузовa
универсал
Engines
2.2-2.8 л (78-157 л.с.)
Manufacture
China
Expected replacement
It is not determined

Sign. With such " the sign phenomenon " connects occurrence in the Russian market of mark Great Wall. A great wall. Whether it is necessary to speak, what it Made in China? The Chinese industry develops with amazing law. First - fakes (кроссовки abibas and Reebak), then - франчайзинг (it now fills up all shops), and then … Then - independent brands.
At " a stage of fakes " Chinese riveted Cherokee from plastic. Then, after growth of consumer ability autoassembly and license automobiles have appeared. Production Great Wall - just from the last. The company works under the Japanese licenses since 1996 and even carries out(spends) mass expansion on roars of the adjacent states to which number Russia concerns also. Model Safe which has visited on the test of "Wheels", - the first-born in our market but to name his(its) "first signs" it is impossible simply by virtue of inapplicability to a derivative 4Runner ` and the term "swallow". However, all terminology has disappeared from a head at a kind of a strange inscription.
CC646ODY. Not clear. Once again, more slowly: C-C-6-4-6-O-D-Y. all the same not clear. Decoding of this cryptographic riddle on a back door of "Safe" on complexity is quite comparable to studying language Celestial. All right. Will suffice a head to break. Turn of a key in the lock I lower(omit) back glass. A luggage carrier simply immense. I with the 185-centimetric growth not that that up to спинок back seats, up to curtailed(turned) by a roll шторки cannot reach! It, however, not such and a problem: slightly jumping up (эй-хоп!) I take seat on the cast away board.
Such luggage carriers corrupt, disaccustom to stack - упихивать and cause desire immediately to help somebody with transportation of a refrigerator.
I return a board and flew down in initial and once again I bypass Safe around. Yes, now so any more do not do(make). The fighter. An armored car. Romanticism of an epoch of initial accumulation of the capital. The small area остекления, simply huge wheel arches (it that cast disks обуты in rather big tire covers 235/75R15), huge клиренс … 4Runner, a word. The changed design передка, certainly, has approached Safe to the automobile present, but about one today does not hold out, despite of round "trunks" of head optics under transparent caps. However, it is looked unusually, as well as trade mark Great Wall - entered in an oval зубец a fortification.
Same зубец - on each division of the basic devices and a nave convenient четырехспицевого a rudder - big and a little "lazy", as well as it is necessary to an off-road car.
It is not known, who was engaged in selection of invoices(textures) and colors in furnish of interior, but all this is looked a little … on - китайски. But on the move any noise - scratch - for noise answer дефлекторы to ventilation and the howling motor.
Shortage of draft "below" together with "seizing" right at the end of a course of a pedal coupling raises probability to decay at start. But, having got used, it is possible to come off easily neighbours - due to short transfers.
And brakes? The pedal, as against coupling, in general is deprived a free course, and having been overzealous, it is possible to glance without ceremony under wheels - клевки bodies impressive.
However, will suffice to iron asphalt - in fact this the present(true) off-road car! Whether or not?
Off-road car. Present(true). Holes and potholes to it(him) - that to the Great Chinese wall a pellet. A suspension bracket - absolutely impenetrable. Yes! It that it is accepted to name "драйвом".
And happen a meeting with "unmarkatable" slopes - демультипликатор will help. The main thing - to avoid diagonal posting. Though at such base is it is necessary to try.
So, we have the present(true) off-road car, on a guarantee and for rather modest money. For the benefit of mark new to Russians the whole pack of certificates of the monitoring system of quality at the assembly enterprise speaks. In addition, manufacture supervises Toyota: 4Runner, as in any way
Anonymous: Very much политкорректный the material in view of volume of the Chinese investments into a dealer network on promotion is closer than " a great wall " to кремлевской.:-)
I read, and a head did not leave, that somewhere us throw, something do not finish speaking, in something unequivocally plant... Words what двигло at this miracle of only 105 horses, and it on 2 tons of weight (by the way, and разгонная dynamics(changes) what, interestingly?)!!! Half-words that a drive only back (full with rigidly connected forward bridge is доп. An option which to wait it is not known how many). A hint that are present though any elements of safety (a pillow, at least, should be, but they are not present).
Also the section with the information on behaviour of the automobile for the speed (though what there speed a maximum 140 is completely lowered(omitted)!!!:-)))), behaviour неподрессоренных weights, шумности, controllabilities and so forth.
And design... That about it(him) to write... And so it is clear, that Toyota 4Ranner...
And a material - very much политкорректный;-)
__________________________________________________ _______________

So my military training does come in handy....

Last edited by jc1kz; 05-06-2005 at 01:07 AM.
Old 05-06-2005, 01:05 AM
Contributing Member

The rear is exactly like a second gen, however the front and door panels/dash are different. I kinda like it.
Old 05-06-2005, 03:10 AM
Contributing Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I've always thought the 2nd gen was the prettiest of all the gens. It's pretty satisfying to know that most of Asia agrees with me.

They must have bought the dies from Toyota, because not only is the back the same, but the sides are too. Could be a source of future body parts.
Old 05-06-2005, 03:44 AM
Contributing Member

The steering wheel looks vaguely familiar...
Old 05-06-2005, 04:14 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by gwhayduke
...Could be a source of future body parts.
and also possibly some monor cosmetic upgrades... but remember, as far as the drivetrain goes, it's still chinese junk...
Old 05-06-2005, 06:24 AM

Originally Posted by bamachem
but remember, as far as the drivetrain goes, it's still chinese junk...
actually, alot of the things china has been producing lately is pretty high in quality... just something they have been inforcing heavily to make them a major market competitor. not saying that this particular product is.. but lots are.

i like it, except for the nose.. kinda looks like a navigator... but depending on price, it'd almost be worth it to buy one as a donor vehicle, and customize the 4runner here and there.. (taillights, dash, etc..)
Old 05-06-2005, 06:39 AM

import parts

any way you guys see in getting parts.... i'm liking the taillights and see a cargo cover that may be able to be adapted to fit..... how is the dollar to the ruble?

JQ
1993 4runner v6 4x4 auto
Old 05-06-2005, 06:42 AM

Originally Posted by jay-q
any way you guys see in getting parts.... i'm liking the taillights and see a cargo cover that may be able to be adapted to fit..... how is the dollar to the ruble?
1.00 USD = 27.8198 RUB... courtesy of XE
Old 05-06-2005, 06:46 AM

hmmmmm

Yea i wonder if there is any website that sells those taillights, im feeling them a lot
Old 05-06-2005, 06:49 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I want those taillights

Anybody know where they are being sold?
Old 05-06-2005, 06:54 AM

Look what I found!

Great Wall Motors
Old 05-06-2005, 06:54 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
so how many rubels do those trucks sell for? hmmmm

and i too am TOTALLY liking those tail lights!!
Old 05-06-2005, 07:25 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Heh - I think I want the Big Monster version complete with air horns and a whopping 120 HP
Old 05-06-2005, 07:35 AM

i have a contact over in china.. who's given me prices right from the manufacturer on motorcycles, clothing, etc... im going to ask him if he can get a price right from the production plant,... should be interesting to say the least.
Old 05-06-2005, 07:50 AM
lee
Contributing Member

if i had a 2nd gen, i wouldnt rest till i had those taillights!
Old 05-06-2005, 07:54 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by green91runner
i have a contact over in china.. who's given me prices right from the manufacturer on motorcycles, clothing, etc... im going to ask him if he can get a price right from the production plant,... should be interesting to say the least.
PLLLEEEEEASE DO!! I want those tail lights at the very very least!!
Old 05-06-2005, 08:10 AM

Location: 100 miles offshore as much as possible, & Springfield Oregon USA
All their models appear to be copies of Toyotas or Mazda/Fords. Amazing.

Quick Reply: Chinese 2nd Gen based truck