86-95 Trucks & 4Runners (Build-Up Section) Post your build-ups here

Richeps '90/'95 Southern Ontario Pickup/4 runner Build-up

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2013, 02:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Richeps '90/'95 Southern Ontario Pickup/4 runner Build-up

Hey All,

This is my first time posting on Yotatech, and definetlywont be my last. Ive been following the forums for quite sometime gatheringideas. I owned my first Yota in high school, and loved it. Right down to the‘Japanese Kenworth’ stenciled on the tail gate, although only a 2wd it lived upto the name! I drove a 2001 Toyota Corolla (had the notorious disappearing oilphenomenon) after that up until I traded it for my 1995 4runner I have now as DD, with no regrets. I will post the work I do to it as well on here. I put rancho 5000 on just to get by and would not recommend them, but love the BFG A/T. Some body work has been done but still plent of rust. I’ve recently moved from doing all my wrenching in the barn for the past 10 years,

to here! I am still actively finishing the inside,and will happily take any shop storage/ tooling suggestions.

No lights up yet. Still havent decided fully what to use.

Much Better for the winter! And no more smell of cow manure,and pigeons leaving gifts everywhere.

Being a aircraft maintenance apprentice by trade, and born raised farmer at all other times, Ive always done my own work. Awhile ago I traded a 1990 Honda Civic ‘Toy’ I restored, (sadly lost hdd with pictures) for 2 1990 4wd Pickup projects. Mainly one was for parts but they both have horribly rusted out cabs. What are your recommendation’s for the rust I have onthe fire wall? I was thinking about just cutting it out and patching it in, butthere is a lot to cut back to get solid. Any sources on cabs in Ontario?

The box I have is in mint condition, as rough body work hasalready been done.

I have lots of plans for them, mostly having mud, high speedgravel roads and having to drive on road to get there for the most part, I havedecided to keep one IFS, for now. I have always like Total Chaos’ product andam leaning that way for this particular build. Being experienced with fiberglass I intend to laminate my own panels, although the pictures Slacker posts, makes it hard to decide, I may just order from them. I scored some sweet BMW M3 seats from the wreckers for practically nothing. Gonna beriding in style.

Don’t mind the clutter that’s my old mans shop, Haha.
The truck had a few Canadian additions to it, which Iimmediately removed.

Gotta love hockey pucks
A homemade snorkel, don’t have any pictures of it as lastowner wanted to keep it I guess.

An indication that something was wrong, both sides were like this, and they were mounted on the front

From the rear when I changed rear ends.

I started to redo the frame just before the move and haven’thad a chance to finish yet,

I have a 22re pulled from an old truck, that needs a rebuild. So in total that gives me 3 3VZFE and trans, 2 auto 1 man and one 22RE. I haven’t decided if Ishould do the 22re swap, in this truck or not. Would be lighter for in the mud,but less power…? Im busy finishing the shop, farm and work, I dont get a whole lot of time on the truck so Ill post updates as I progress. The transmission only has reverse at the moment, so I am in the process of doing an automatic to manual conversion. Thanks for reading, and any advice you have!