86-95 Trucks & 4Runners (Build-Up Section) Post your build-ups here

1UZFE into my 95 runner

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2011, 08:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lookin good man!

I haven't been able to work on my truck for the last three weeks. I was rear ended on the freeway while commuting to work. I stopped and the woman hit me doing 60. Good thing I was in my Legacy, the insurance would have a rough time finding another 2door.

Anyway, I did get the KS kit. Other than the lack of a supplied ring gear, it's been quite nice and complete. I just cut the ring gear off of the 1UZ flexplate, cleaned it up and pressed it onto the KS flywheel.

I asked Narin for the replacement part #'s for the clutch, but never heard another word after the transaction. I've read others have had the same experience.
Old 02-16-2011, 09:03 PM

yeah i just sent him and email about ordering just the bellhousing. as for the flywheel i know toy4whatever used modified 5vz flywheel and yota 3.0 i think used a 3vz i think. and you can use the 3sgte flywheel with bolt hole modification. and thats a bummer about ur subie. what year was it. im a subie tech. worked for subaru for 5 years now i work for an independant.
Old 02-16-2011, 09:26 PM
RMA
Contributing Member

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
shaggy how much did you pay for the engine kit?
..and toyminator is using the ks bell housing also .

check out lextreme theres a bunch of guys using it over there.. heres one thread with some info you might be able to use .
http://www.lextreme.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13671
Old 02-16-2011, 09:32 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Thanks for the info RMA
Old 02-16-2011, 10:17 PM
RMA
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by 85toyman
Thanks for the info RMA
no problem and i just replied to your email .. I also just saw your post on the throttle body ,i have a few if you need one also.
Old 02-17-2011, 07:43 AM

Originally Posted by SHAGGY21
yeah i just sent him and email about ordering just the bellhousing. as for the flywheel i know toy4whatever used modified 5vz flywheel and yota 3.0 i think used a 3vz i think. and you can use the 3sgte flywheel with bolt hole modification. and thats a bummer about ur subie. what year was it. im a subie tech. worked for subaru for 5 years now i work for an independant.

I too work for an Independant here in Kirkland, WA. I work for All Wheel Drive Auto (www.allwheeldriveauto.com ) All we do is Subaru...

This was my 438 whp '05 STi

My Legacy was a 93 SS A/T (obviously couldn't find a 5 M/T clean enough for the right price), this was the day I bought it a few months back. I almost had it back to perfect before the accident.

Then, a couple Mondays ago, some woah-man decided to rearrange my trunk.

And six days after the wreck, I bought this 2000 2.5RS Coupe, so I can swap a Ver. 6 EJ207 into, and the Aerosim Research WRC Widebody.

Old 02-17-2011, 07:47 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Very nice looking 2.5RS coupe. I like the looks of those cars
Old 02-17-2011, 08:41 AM

RMA i the engine kit was 345 out the door. my buddy over at carquest could have got me a kit for around 200 from ipw i think. but with it being a lexus i wanted factory gaskets. and i just got my paypal set up so i can get that throttle body if you still have one. and my worries about using the 3vz flywheel is by taking some off the back of it to put it ploser to the starter is you also move the pressure plate away from the fork messing up the pedal travle. so im pondering on it.

dunkin thats to bad those old turbos are hard to find. i want one for the driveline to put it in my subie. here it is its an oil dog.

its a work in progress. need to try an put some impreza suspention under it and that will take some work to do.
my show is an Independant inside a dealer kinda thing. i work for mcdonald volvo but for the subaru side the bad part i have to work on volvo. but i pays the bills.

Last edited by SHAGGY21; 04-13-2011 at 07:46 PM.
Old 02-17-2011, 09:05 AM

awesome swap, can't wait to see it come along. i aspire to tackle this swap after college but the wiring is what scares me. a detailed set of wiring directions would be amazing for people like me. if you all feel like doing the work to help others i think i can say for everyone that it would be greatly appreciated.
Old 02-17-2011, 09:08 AM

dunkin thats to bad those old turbos are hard to find. i want one for the driveline to put it in my subie. here it is its an oil dog.

its a work in progress. need to try an put some Impreza suspension under it and that will take some work to do.
my show is an Independent inside a dealer kinda thing. i work for McDonald Volvo but for the Subaru side the bad part i have to work on Volvo. but i pays the bills.
I know, they only made 43 of the A/T's in '93, and 6 M/T's...
The good news is that I bought it back from the insurance for $125, and I have already sold the EJ22T for $500.00!

You need the XT-6 knuckes for the rear to convert to 5x100, and I think you can use Impreza front knuckles and struts for the front 5x100 conversion. A friend of mine did that for his RX coupe.

I'm not really into the EA cars though, but you can find all the info you need on them at http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/forum/

Back to the Yotas...

I will document as much as possible on what I find with the wiring as well. Maybe we can eventually do a Sticky for this, as this swap is gaining popularity in the US.

Last edited by Dunkin; 02-17-2011 at 09:09 AM.
Old 02-17-2011, 09:40 AM
RBX

Received 33 Likes on 22 Posts
Dunkin,
As i mentioned to Shaggy, send me whatever you can(i can pm you my email when you are ready), and i will try to catalog the information, and make a schematic of the swap wiring. Shag has OBD2, but it would be nice to run an OBD1 schematic also...mainly because i plan on using an OBD1.

thanks
Old 02-17-2011, 06:23 PM

yeah the only problem dunkin is finding an xt-6 as that is what i was gonna do but indeed back to the yotas. i will be doing a detailed wiring section and also giving all my findings to rbx to refine it so everyone can find the info easy.

well i didnt get to do anything on the engine today didnt wake up as early as i wanted. so i only managed to get the hatch back up an running to drive. but now that is out of the way i can focus on the engine now. maby i can have it all put back together saterday. man i wish i had a garage so i could work on it all night. but on that note all of you who do ur swaps in your garage i give u mad props coz its such a difference in the muscles you use laying on the ground to having ur arms over your head. but more info soon.
Old 02-17-2011, 07:41 PM
RMA
Contributing Member

yea so i wish i would have taken more notes on the wiring , i was really stressing when i was doing it and only wrote down a couple things then just said screw it and didnt bother to write anymore down ..

what i do have is for the 88 but maybe some are the same .

the fuel pump was really easy its just one wire

originaly on the 3.0 the COR relay uses the FC from the air flow meter .. well now that fc signal will come from the lexus ECU

so its N5 #8 to FC on the lexus ecu (this is now one speed not two like on the lexus )
N5 #15 powers the injectors on the 3.0 now use this the same way power the 1uz injectors
N5 #1 to the FP on the 1uz engine check connector (you will be able to check fuel pump fp to b+)
N5 #4 to power on lexus ecu
N5 #10 into IL2 #6(neutral start switch) then out from IL#8 to a new starter relay to starter

thats all i can give you right now man .. dont have anynmore than that right now but ill go ahead and put some more notes on paper on the next swap and email them to rbx also .. i cant draw schematics for crap.. i wish i could make something like member monch (i think thats it ) did for his 3.4 swap.
Old 02-18-2011, 06:06 AM
RBX

^^^Noted
Old 02-18-2011, 06:12 AM
RBX

RMA, Shaggy, Toy....
What if we start a google document? I could set it up using your email addresses, then you all could collaborate on notes(like editing a text document...word...notepad), and i will then draw up a proper schematic based on collaborated notes. In other words, you get a link to a document, and can edit your section, save it, this way we have a living document...oh...you will need a gmail account i think.
I don't want to make any more work for you guys and i will be happy stalking the threads to continue documentation. Send me scans, notes, pics what ever is relevant.
just a thought
Old 02-18-2011, 12:24 PM

Originally Posted by RBX
RMA, Shaggy, Toy....
What if we start a google document? I could set it up using your email addresses, then you all could collaborate on notes(like editing a text document...word...notepad), and i will then draw up a proper schematic based on collaborated notes. In other words, you get a link to a document, and can edit your section, save it, this way we have a living document...oh...you will need a gmail account i think.
I don't want to make any more work for you guys and i will be happy stalking the threads to continue documentation. Send me scans, notes, pics what ever is relevant.
just a thought

I'm up for that idea, although I have very little to contribute just yet. All I have done so far is print a shed-load of diagrams from All Data. FYI, I am installing a 94 SC400, which is OBD-1, into a 1990 OBD-1 truck. This will be different from Shaggys OBD-2 install into an OBD-1 truck, and again different from someone installing an OBD-2 engine into an OBD-2 truck.

If you wanted to start one of those documents, you can add me @ jdmtyper2001@gmail.com

-Ryan
Old 02-18-2011, 12:29 PM

yeah the only problem dunkin is finding an xt-6 as that is what i was gonna do but indeed back to the yotas.
I forgot to touch on this...

My roommate actually has a complete set of XT-6 knuckles, hubs, rotors, etc. He collects these things.

Let me know when you are ready to do the swap and I'll see if he want's to help you out. He goes by Caboobaroo on USMB and NASIOC.
Old 02-19-2011, 10:40 PM

well i was all bummed yesterday coz i couldnt work on the engine as i had to work late, it was my own fault did a clutch and a shift shaft seal with a rear housing gasket on a 00 outback put it all back together and there sitting in my drain bucket staring up at me is the shim that goes between the output shaft bearing and the housing. yay for me . so all and all my fault. but so today i got do work on the engine a bit after putting a rear wheel bearing in my cousins 08 runner. so all was going well lapped the valves and might i say i was very happy with the way it turned out i didnt think the valves would be in such good shape with the shape of the rest of the inside of the motor and milage. so like i said i installed the valve seals and a 10mm socket works real good if you dont want to invest in a installer

then here is what the valve lap turnd out as and like i said very nice looking valves

and then i noticed wich turned my day all upside down. was not a happy camper to say the least. an this goes back on my statement about the way the rest of the engine looked for the shape of the valves in wich i was thinking when i found it. this is after i tried to move it back to where it should be. it sucked a guide and when trying to put it back i broke it. so depending on how much a new guide and installation cost will determin if i need a new head. wich is where i ask. RMA if so do you have one in your collection up for sale if i need one?

and see i should have known better then to try and move it back but i was just hopeing i would get lucky with it. hum maby i should have bought it a drink first. hahahaha. anyways. i put the rest of the valves in and will sind it off to gun automotive hopefully i dont need to take um back out o well. it made me feel like i was getting some where.

and dunkin ask how much he wants for um. i want those crappy 13's gone. and dose he have the fronts to?

Last edited by SHAGGY21; 02-20-2011 at 04:46 PM.
Old 02-20-2011, 04:59 AM
RBX

sorry to hear Shaggy, but your making progress.
Old 02-20-2011, 11:12 AM

yeah i just hope it wont cost me to much to get over this hump.

Quick Reply: 1UZFE into my 95 runner