3.4 Swaps The 3.4 V6 Toyota engine

I am doing it 3.0 to 3.4 swap with complete engine rebuild

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2012, 08:31 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Still looking for a cross over pipe - check out dntsdad's post from yesterday (titled - Anyone need a crossover). Sounds like a great deal.

Can you send me a link to the supercharger add? You can PM it if you like. Thanks

Last edited by Ride4Fun; 04-12-2012 at 08:33 AM.
Old 04-12-2012, 10:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks ride4fun, pm sent. Well I bought my crossover for $35 and ignition coils/wires for $30 today. The crossover is being sent to Toyonlyswaps. Well in total I have spent about 2k on this engine rebuild and all the parts.

I Still have a few more items to purchase like the hd clutch kit(truck has newer clutch in it aprox 5k on it but I figure what a better time to swap in a new clutch with a lot of room), maf(looking at junk yards for one), battery tray, psp lines, fuel lines and I'm sure that I'm forgetting something else. But I figure another $300-500 to go but once this is all done it will be worth it.

Also I will be selling a few extra parts cheap here (before I post on cl or eBay) if any one needs, for example: passenger side 3.4 head, new complete head gasket kit and an old 3.slow motor with 135k...to be used as a paper weight, lol
Old 04-22-2012, 08:03 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
which rebuild kit did you buy? and from where? i am doing the same thing. Same story with the wife too LOL!
Old 04-23-2012, 10:30 AM

Austin, I bought it through the engine shop where I am getting all the bore work done, the owner of the shop had a little better deal than what I found on ebay. The full rebuild kit on ebay from Titan Engines that I was looking at was ~500 plus shipping, the machine shop kit was about the same but no shipping so I went with the shop. It is a full rebuild kit with everything Full Gasket Set, Pistons, Piston Rings, Main Bearings, Rod Bearings, Cam Bearings, Timing Components, Oil Pump and Freeze Plugs

Hope this helps
Old 04-23-2012, 07:24 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
ok cool jw. i was looking at the master rebuild kits that LCENGINEERING sells. they're like 770 bucks but the components they include seem to be really good. this is also one of the only kits i found that included a water pump.
Old 05-05-2012, 10:33 PM

It has been awhile... Fishing has been pretty good freezer is getting full or salmon and rock fish. But I am still waiting on the shop to finish. Also Crossover should be done any day now. Just an update this week should be pretty slow...

Does anyone know if the timing gears on the 3.0 are the same as the 3.4. Just wondering because that is one of the strange pieces I am missing, the passenger side timing gear.

Offer still stands if you are in Monterey bay area, I am always willing to take people out on kayaks fishing.
Old 05-22-2012, 10:07 AM

Crossover is in, also ordered all the wiring connectors to make an auto harness work with an manual ECU. The guy at the engine shop is having some medical problems so everything is on hold for a bit longer... still shooting for doing this swap next month but we shall see. Parts still needed, clutch kit, mass airflow, o2 sensors, fuel lines and aftermarket intake. I have been pulling a trailer full of hunting/fishing gear all over up and down mountains and I can not wait to get the new engine in and have more power and better fuel economy.
Old 05-31-2012, 06:53 PM

ordered my MAF online, paid $28 brand new, my swap is S/C'ed, so i've got my o2 sensor taken care of thru the wideband AFR gauge i bought to help with tuning when she runs. set the motor on its mounts tonight, so after some wiring we will see!!

after some research it looks like a spectre cold air kit for approx $150 is the best way to go for aftermarket intake...i know a lotta ppl dont like spectre though, just a thought. added one of their kits to my 3.0 before i pulled it out in my 94 x-cab w/ 4" suspension/3" body lift on brand new 35" Maxxis Bighorns and it definitely made a difference, + added about 2.5 mpg, i havent made up my mind for sure, but will likely go with them again to run this motor.
Old 07-23-2012, 10:23 AM

Ok going to shop next week to work on putting engine back together, I will post pictures (installing new heads, intake, crossover, etc) also the final nail is going into my old 3.0...it is pissing radiator fluid on every drive due to the head gasket leak. It is sad but the timing is just right. I am already a month behind on schedule but that is ok. I now have a new drop dead date. I have to have the engine in and running before September. My wife and I drew Elk tags this year and I need my hunting truck to transport my trailer and gear.

Is there anyone around the Monterey California area that I could call on for help in case of emergency. I fell pretty confident based on a lot of the build up post here on the site but there is always something that will pop up and completely stop my progress.

Thanks again for looking and responding, and just an update the fishing season has been great I have brought in 8 Samon this year and about an 18 lb average, also lots of rock fish, ling cod and halibut...next the White Seabass will be here...I will take you fishing for swap help LOL