General Electrical & Lighting Related Topics Ask here for electrical, wiring, and lighting info for your rig that could apply to all years
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1988 22RE - No Electrical Power to any accessory...but not what you think...

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2022, 09:05 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I forgot to mention it would spark the jumper cables on the negative terminal when it would click and the power would go out. Could this mean a bad ground somewhere?
Old 05-15-2023, 02:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm having this same problem. Starter solenoid clicks, then nothing. The truck has a brand new battery and the symptom hasn't changed. One thing I'll mention that I didn't see here is that my truck completely died once pulling out of a driveway. I jumped it to get it started and once I got to the end of the driveway EVERYTHING went down, engine, accessories, all of it. Waited a few minutes, jumped it, and drove 20 miles home problem free (for that drive). I am perplexed.
Going to start checking grounds and fuses. Like many users here, I have little electrical experience.
One more oddity that seems to have been the starting line for this demon. I was in a busy parking lot and like a doof, I killed the truck trying to stop and go to get a parking spot. Embarrassing but no big deal, I thought. I go to start it and it wouldn't turn over. I did have accessories though. I was able to get it clutch started but after that event the battery was shot. I don't know the connection between accidentally killing the truck and the battery. Bought a new battery but the problem slowly developed into what it is now. By developed I mean it slowly got more frequent and more dead, almost like there was an electrical parasite. Lots of work to do still, will update.