General Vehicle Related Topics (Non Year Related) If topic doesn't apply to Toyotas whatsoever, it should be in Off Topic

Funny Security System Story

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2011, 10:25 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Funny Security System Story

So from the factory my truck was equipped with the Toyota V.I.P. RS3000 Secuirty system, which entains a glass-breakage sensor, and remote locking system. The system was designed to eliminate all intrusion threats. It did this by when the system was activated, their was no way to unlock the doors until it was disabled, also, the ignition locked itself. However, during the winter it dropped below zero, and the truck was iced on. When i went to use the key fob to unlock the doors, nothing happened. I got closer and still, nothing would happen. I didn't know if the battery had died, or if the battery in the fob was bad. Little did i know at the time that the system had shorted out and was stuck on. I couldnt get into the truck at all, not without breaking the glass. So i had to have the doors re-keyed, and the ignition re-keyed, and had to have my security system and remote start system removed. So now i have a seperate key for my gas cap and for my doors and ignition. Still security systemless, and fob less. I guess i'll have to buy a new system. Anyone have suggestions as to a good system? Or have any funny stories about their systems? (Maybe you don't find this funny, but i do )
Old 08-25-2011, 07:22 AM

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
When I bought mine the po didn't tell me it had an alarm, so I never asked for the fob. When I replaced the battery the alarm went off and I tried everything I new to disable it. After a couple hours I just ripped the alarm out. Cheap aftermarket KARR stuff with terrible customer support. I don't see what the problem is with just using a key. The alarm would be nice though. Keeps people from breaking the rear window to steal your wife's lunchbox that looks like a purse.
Old 08-25-2011, 08:38 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
my buddys 2001 tacoma prerunner had that same kinda BS

I drove it down town one day and the alarm wouldn't stop going off and the fob was broken security system was autoarming. we ended up finding the unit inside the dash and unplugged it and it ran like a champ.

It all started from letting the battery on the truck die.

i don't understand why you had to get new ignition cylinder and door cylinders