03+ 4Runner/GX470, & 05+ Tacomas 4th gen 4Runners & 5th gen trucks

4th gen- Stop the beeping?

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2004, 10:23 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i'm scared of pickle forks too, that's why i use them in my empty threats.

don't worry, i won't pull the pickle forks out on the trails unless i hear a piezo chirping nearby.
Old 06-24-2004, 07:08 AM

Man, I'm so used to the thing I actually like it now. I don't have to look at the lights... I still don't like having to hit the button twice to unlock all the doors though.
Old 10-08-2004, 07:52 AM

Yeah!!!!

YES!! YES!! YES!!

That little bastard was sooooo annoying. I was using the key to unlock most of the time because I hate having everyone stare at me everytime I get to my truck. It's unbelievable that there isn't a "disable the beep" in the alarm brain. I didn't beleive the dealer when they told me that but here I am a year later using my damn key to unlock my keyless lock truck. :pat:

Oh well mine was up by the battery just hanging there. After a year of aggravation it only took 90 seconds to remove.

Oh well. This board rocks!
Old 10-08-2004, 08:57 AM

Okay, I just read this whole post and now I'm trying to figure out---how do you toggle the horn honking in conjunction with the alarm on and off? I did a search on the net for the VIP 3000 system hoping to find an online manual but couldn't find anything. I adjusted the volume as per the instructions on this thread (thank you), and now I'm trying to figure out if it's possible to get the horn to be enabled/diabled as well.

Thanks,

Brady
Old 01-17-2005, 07:56 PM
Contributing Member

hey this method works to lower the volume but not get rid of it completely, do i just have to unhook the piezo? I wish they programmed it so it can be completely silent

anyone know of any other programming you can do with the remote, or holding down dash buttons, lol, i like to see what i can do using methods that the dealership wants me to pay lots of $$$ for something i can do
Old 01-19-2005, 03:03 PM

This just might be the mod that gives me the most satisfaction, on a daily basis, of anything I'll ever do to this truck. Thank you!
Old 01-03-2022, 01:38 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Unhappy ..."are there any women on this forum?"

Surely I am not the only one? Yes! I check in here every now and then when I've got an issue with my '88 22RE Toyota 4x4. I enjoy working on my truck. Rebuilt my (top end?) engine a couple of years ago...that was a lot of learning!
Actually, now I am having issues with it not starting in the cold. Once the temperature warms up, it will start. I don't know all the technical jargon; but guessing that it might be a bad "cold start" valve?
Also, having an annoying issue with the ignition. ~15 years ago (when I lived in L.A.) my truck was stolen & taken for a joy ride. I thank my faulty fuel gauge for the reason it was abandoned in a neighborhood in a known "chop shop" area, and THANKFULLY a nosey neighbor. I'm guessing the ol' screw driver in the ignition was the method used by the thief. Nonetheless, every since then, the key will come out in any of the ignition positions (lock, acc, on, start). However, NOW, after removing the key from the appropriate "LOCK" position, the blasted buzzer still beeps, and will silence itself at random times. Furthermore, when it is cold outside, the damn ignition gets "frozen" and takes a lot of coaxin' to turn to the "START" position. (I usually keep a light bulb on a drop cord running at night to keep it warm in the cab).
So, I know y'all are probably laughing at this point (especially about the "warming method"), but does anyone have any thoughts about these "diva" issues my "La Petite Lune" (yep, that's her name) is having? ? ? ;-? I would greatly appreciate any helpful input!
Chukki