Notices
86-95 Trucks & 4Runners 2nd/3rd gen pickups, and 1st/2nd gen 4Runners with IFS

Where to buy a carb..

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2013, 04:20 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Where to buy a carb..

Firstly, i'm not interested in any weber carbs, or aftermarket or anything of that sort.

Anyway, i'm getting fed up with my carbeuretor. Its perfectly matched with the truck when its good, but when its not, its just a pain. My carb is starting to be problamatic, and i just want to start fresh. Talking, fresh, shiny, new etc. I'm not interested in rebuilding it, or having it rebuilt, i just want to get a new one! (or rebuilt, as long as its shiny, and good to go)

i've been looking at getting one from this place...it sounds pretty good, like i can just bolt it on and go...kind of pricey though, but its just what i'm looking for. something nice and shiny

http://www.carb-x.com/foreign-carbur...ine/22r/43-064

i just dont know how legit "carb-x-change" is...sounds like it might be some scammery into actually getting some kind of knock off aisin.

Then i came across low range. i've done business with them before and i was very pleased, so i know they are legit...i just dont know if these carbs that are advertised as already preset fuel mixtures and high idle and stuff are really tuned like that. I just want something i can bolt swap on and not have to worry about fuel/air, or setting the idle, or having some junk that runs like garbage and has to be tuned.

http://www.lowrangeoffroad.com/index...arburetor.html

has anybody done business with these people? Or can anybody tell me where they have gotten a good aisin carbeurator that was all good to go? At this point i'm just looking to spend alittle bit of money for a good tuned carb that i dont have to worry about.

Any ideas?
Old 11-21-2013, 04:26 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
http://www.nationalcarburetors.com/

Come ready to bolt on. Pre adjusted.
Old 11-21-2013, 04:29 PM

Your local parts store as we'll. I bought one for my 87 a few year ago at Advance Auto parts. It was a factory Aisin. Ran me around 3 or 4 hundred i believe. What was nice was if it messed up advance could swap it for me ya know. No internet hassle to deal with.
Old 11-21-2013, 04:32 PM

You can get the one from national for under $200.

No local part store ripoff to deal with.

Shows up on your door. No taxes. No gas.

(thumbs nose)
Old 11-21-2013, 04:49 PM

Thanks guys!

Highlux, have you had experiance with these?

I'm looking to buy one...about right now.

Seriously. I just want to place an order lol
Old 11-21-2013, 04:57 PM

Im close to a carb purchase as well. I read a few threads of people who had good luck with these carbs. Ready to go out of box. They are a big company and have been around awhile. As cool as webers are...I keep thinking I want to stick as close to oem as I can. I firgure if I get one of these...I could always sell it If I go weber.

I say go for it.
Old 11-21-2013, 09:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i dont know why you wouldn't want to get a weber…right out of the box, bolted up and worked flawlessly
Old 11-21-2013, 09:42 PM

Doesn't always, though, Dirty. I got mine to work right on my '83 I had, but I got it cheap because my buddy never could on his '84. It also wasn't a "perfect" bolt on for me, I had to tune and rejet mine, plus I modified it more and had to tune it again. I can see why some people wouldn't stand for that. Not saying that's why Junk doesn't, just sayin.

Junk, I have only dealt with LowRange as far as your option listed here, and if I was to go with an Aisin on another build, I wouldn't hesitate to go with them. Not knocking national, just telling ya what I'd do. Out of curiosity though, why not a Weber?
Old 11-21-2013, 09:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
oh ok, well it was my 83 i had that it worked great on….of course no two carbs are gonna work the exact same for every application…but yeah right out the box and didn't do any re-jetting or nothing like that, let me get rid of all the vacuum lines and egr system too!
Old 11-22-2013, 02:11 PM

i prefer stock just because. My stock carb worked flawlessly (still does, just has its quirks) Fuel mileage was great, had power through all the bands and never ever gave me a problem on inclines up or down. I probably could have rolled it before it would have stalled out. Just a darn good match for the truck.

I'm not crazy about veering away from stock, atleast not on this truck. For a DD i'd like to keep everything as close to stock as possible. I've heard alot of mixed feelings about webers, i know a guy who had an almost identical 86 to mine and his weber was pretty high maintenance. Easier to work on, but required attention. Did he love it? Sure did, but i loved mine just the same and only had to maintain it one maybe 2 times a year. His about 4 or 5
Old 11-22-2013, 02:12 PM

though i dont want this to turn into a dabate thread. I know the installer, driver, maintencer all have to do with how it runs, and i dont want to say bad things because aisins can be a problem as well but personally i'm just not interested in a weber
Old 11-22-2013, 02:25 PM

Fair enough. I was just curious, didn't want it to be a debate either. I will definitely agree that Aisins are maintenence free. I had a fairly rare circumstance where I got my Weber set and didn't have to change it for winter gas, elevation, temp changes, or anything like that throughout the year. After I modified it/tuned it several times!

I stand by my advice to go with LowRange because that's the company I've dealt with before out of the options stated. Good luck and let us know how it works out for you whichever way you go!